Author Topic: Update  (Read 1745 times)

Offline Mark_in_Canada

Update
« on: September 23, 2014, 08:26:29 pm »
Hi everyone, it's been a long time since my last post. It seems when my wife and I are together we are very busy every day. Now she and her daughter have gone back to Hangzhou for 2 months.  We have been married since Sept. 2011 and my wife has been here in Canada for two years now.  Her daughter , my step daughter, who is 23 years old has stayed with us for 3 months. Having our daughter here has been great! Her English is better than mine..haha, great for the quick translations when needed.  She was able to find 2 part time jobs right away. Unfortunately her degree in English Lit. is not really helping her so she plans to go to the University here in Edmonton.
I have been checking in from time to time to see what has been posted, some good, some bad. I understand most of what the others have been going through as I experience most of them as well.  It is not easy sometimes. The culture is just so different that it can be really hard to adapt to each other. I keep learning all the time.  My wife has adapted to life here really well, but sometimes the frustration sets in. Going back to China every year really helps with that. What we found helpful during arguments was not to let them linger.  We would just acknowledge that one of us was a little bit mad, and then let it go, hug and carry on. Hope you all are doing well !!!
Mark   

Offline Robertt S

• Georgia***Shandong
  • Administrator
  • Too Old for Instagram and Too Young for Life-Alert
Re: Update
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2014, 06:58:23 pm »
Happy to hear everything is going well for you and your new family. Don't wait so long next time to drop in and say hello, we are here most everyday! :)