Author Topic: Renewing Visa in Hong Kong  (Read 2326 times)

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
Renewing Visa in Hong Kong
« on: October 17, 2014, 09:53:15 pm »
I found two very interesting websites for those intending to go to Hong Kong to renew visas. They are both too long to copy and past here so I have just added the links.  This is for all nationalities.

This one is full of personal information and accounts both prior to the 1st October 2013 changes and after.
http://www.chinese-forums.com/index.php?/topic/41414-the-hong-kong-visa-topic/

This one gives you a step by step guide in how to get to offices in Hong Kong as well as spelling out what you can now get and not get without travelling back to your home country.

http://www.saporedicina.com/english/get-a-chinese-visa-in-hong-kong/

Willy

Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline Robertt S

• Georgia***Shandong
  • Administrator
  • Too Old for Instagram and Too Young for Life-Alert
Re: Renewing Visa in Hong Kong
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2014, 08:16:35 pm »
I think with all the protesting and demonstrations going on at this time I would wait until things settled down a little until visited if at all possible.

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2014, 01:52:33 am »
I am really looking forward to hearing from anyone who has made the journey to Hong Kong from the Mainland and was actually successful in renewing a Visa.

I am getting so many conflicting stories.  The last one who tried to make a third renewal of his Visa at the beginning of this year was Iceland and it was refused so he had to return to his home country and then he returned here and got married.  Being married makes the process easier I believe!

Willy

PS Has anyone heard from Iceland this year? I have been trying to contact him since April but have had no joy.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 01:56:47 am by Willy The Londoner »
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2014, 11:11:11 am »
I think with all the protesting and demonstrations going on at this time I would wait until things settled down a little until visited if at all possible.

Well we purchased our tickets in August - before all the trouble, so I have been paying attention. We are due to fly out Nov. 30th to Hong Kong.
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances