Author Topic: #5  (Read 4447 times)

Offline RobertBfrom aust

• Sujuan [Yo ] is my tai tai
  • Robert and Sujuan [Yo ] at home .
    • bopads.info
Re: #5
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2014, 11:01:55 am »
Martin , liked your photos with Dave , you seem to both be enjoying yourselves., very laid back ha ha . Enjoy the rest of your hols , regards Sujuan and Robert .
Now it is early to bed and late to rise .
My QQ is   1994376895
For electronics and books etc , check out , www.bopads.info

Offline shaun

« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2014, 11:20:44 am »
Same here Martin.  I have been enjoying what little you've posted.  Hint Hint.   But I have a more important burning question for you.  Since you're one of those guys that says a... a lot.  When are you going to join up with Ice Road Truckers so that we can watch you on TV?   I understand that the Polar Bear and Alex are looking for newbies.

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2014, 07:28:26 pm »
Hahaha...I don't think I am crazy enough to drive on a frozen lake. Our highways up north are like ice roads...after it snows, they are sheets of ice for several days, with vehicles driving in excess of 100 km/h (that's around 60 mp/h for those from that small country south of Canada).

Things here have been going well. Dave and Jocelyn along with their new baby stopped by last week, and visited us for a few days. We took Dave to San Isidro, a small community near where I am here...it's a very tropical area...lots of coconut trees, fruit trees of different varieties, pretty much a jungle. Not much wild life there...apparently there are anaconda snakes, but they are small...they don't live long enough to get too big...also some poisonous spiders, but I have never seen any.

Introduced Dave to durian. He tried a small nibble, but he didn't take to the fruit. Me, I enjoy it. We spent our last day with him at a resort on Samal Island, very close to Davao. Lots of beer, and a swim in the ocean around 11 pm...we had a blast. There were spot lights pointed at the water, so no worries about not being able to see.

He returned to Manila on Sunday with his family, and has since returned to Canada. His time here is done for now. Unfortunately, my time here is also quickly coming to an end. Soon time to start planning the next trip. Leaving, as most of you here know, is never an easy thing.