Author Topic: Adventures  (Read 5996 times)

Offline CypherDragon

Adventures
« on: November 04, 2014, 06:35:52 am »
So, as a birthday present to myself, and to get away from all the crap that's built up in my life the last couple of years, I'm finally taking a vacation. This will be the first time in three years that I'll have taken time off work for a reason that didn't involve illness, my son, or something involving the divorce.

Since I really didn't spend that much time planning for the trip, it will be a little further south than I had originally intended, but it's all good. I board the plane on Nov 24th (US time) headed to Saigon (HCMC), Vietnam. I'm excited and nervous all at the same time...this will be the first time I've ever traveled any significant distance alone. I do have someone I'll be meeting there, but it's still a little nerve-racking to know I'm going to a country where I speak only the basics of the language, and won't have many crutches to lean on.

I'll post updates when and as I can...hopefully this is the first of many adventures.  ;D

Offline kenny

Re: Adventures
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2014, 06:53:53 am »
Good Luck and have a great trip.

Oh and Happy Birthday! I think this will be one you will remember a long time.

Offline maxx

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2014, 09:22:32 am »
Cyberdragon have a good time and a safe trip. Take allot of pictures. Ive always wanted to visit Vietnam.

Arnold

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2014, 11:42:22 pm »
Vietnam... I think that is a first here with us. Hence I wouldn't know very much what to expect going there myself, I certainly hope you tell us about the Adventure of your lifetime. By all mean, don't be short on Photo's (if possible) to share with us all.
Have a Wonderful&Safe trip and definitely a Birthday you'll never forget.

Offline CypherDragon

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2014, 06:55:35 am »
Yes, this promises to be a very interesting trip. I'll be flying through Seoul, Korea both directions with a long layover on the way back. I've always wanted to visit Seoul, as I'm a martial arts student and have been studying Kukkiwon-style TKD for the last couple of years...which is conveniently located about an hour (by subway) from Incheon airport. It was an unexpected, but pleasant, bonus to the trip.

So far, every thing has been smooth...it's not the first time I've traveled internationally (I've been to a handful of countries in the Mediterranean a few years back), but it is the first time I'm doing all the planning and paperwork myself. I got a Vietnam visa-on-arrival approval letter, which was much easier, cheaper, and faster to acquire than a Chinese visa...I'll let you all know how it works at the airport when I arrive, but from everything I've read it should be a simple matter of paying the $45USD fee and getting the stamp.