All About China > Share your love story

Forget about the thin ice - now my marraige is Icecalating out of control

(1/4) > >>

Rhonald:
Yes Dave, although my post was partial tongue-in-cheek, there was also an elemental storm of truth to my post as well.

The warning signs were there, but I had misunderstood foul weather signs for fair weather signs. The two weeks preceding last weeks tsunami of emotions from her forecasted thunderstorms ahead . So what were the warning signs you may ask? Why did I not heed Red Sky at Dawn? Well gather around my fellow Nepholologists, and let me elucidate you upon Wisdom found only amongst that most rarefied part of the Internet - The Cloud.

Since the purchase for my wife for Valentine's Day was a tablet - she didn't want jewelry, and her app installation of "We Chat", she has been in social discourse with fellow Chinese ladies living here in North America. Some of the ladies had married foreigners, while others had immigrated with their Chinese husbands. So often she would report other ladies having problems with their lives here, with many expressing desire or going through with a divorce. Her retort was always with the affirmative that our marriage was better and we were doing good. I misunderstood this as that we were all good for clear sailing ahead.

Amongst Men, silence maybe Golden, but for a Man with a Woman, reassurance is the best Insurance. I should have realized that her undue attention, and multiple comments about her other friends situations meant that she was feeling insecure. Also, I have come to see that too much Social Media, can lead to unwanted weather fronts. She loves doing things and ideal minds that dwell in Social media.....well lets say.... does not end well. Instead of Social Media, a little Social outgoing, and our escapades has turned into Ice Capades.

My wife is very outgoing, so much so that Willy can attest to her going out of her way to drive his trike between a rock and a hard place. The young, athletic girl in the picture was practicing some ice dance moves that with my wife's applauding and calling her over, she asked for the two of them to share in a few pictures. What a tough job I have, taking pictures of pretty girls, all in a row!

Just a little Snap shot in a day in the life of being married to a Chinese lady.

Willy The Londoner:

--- Quote from: Rhonald on March 25, 2015, 11:58:50 am ---
My wife is very outgoing, so much so that Willy can attest to her going out of her way to drive his trike between a rock and a hard place.

--- End quote ---

My lips were sealed on that incident that is until now. ;)  My trike ended with the two smallest scratches ever.  The rock also survived the encounter. However the lady and her son who were a couple of feet away with no where to run to - that was a different matter. I hear that it took three days laundry for them to get rid of all the evidence of that encounter! ;D ;D ;D

Willy

Philip:
Hi Ron, I'm glad that you are seeing things from a fresh pair of ice. Snow joke, living with a Chinese wife. Even though she seems to see less than zero future for her busking, passion for what she does + being good at what she does + being paid for what she does makes her a hotter prospect than most of us poor saps. The problem is not her wanting to make money, the problem is her listening to and believing the outpourings of people she barely knows who want to bring her down with the self-justifications of why they think they failed.
You Canadians start sunbathing when the temperature gets above zero degrees celsius - you're made of strong stuff - come on, get your skates on, think up a new skime.

maxx:
so what happened.

Robertt S:
Nice to see you around again! Hopefully some more old timers will check in!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version