General Discussion and Useful Links > Newbies Corner

Australian Tourist Visa

<< < (2/2)

Perry:
An update.

Sadly my ladt was refused a visa on the basis, so she tells me, on her English ability. It is certainly not on lack of funds or health care concerns. I did not realise for an Australian tourist visa they would have en expectation of a reasonable ability to speak English.

Can anybody tell me more about this and also when she can reapply.

Thanks

Perry

David E:
Something must have gone very wrong with her application....

There is NO requirement for tourists to have any English knowlege.

Did she make an application via a local Chinese Agency ?? or did she do the whole thing personally ??

I can only assume that they considered her a risk of overstay based on her application.

Need to know more about this, it is very unusual.

I think the re-apply period is 3 years...but check with Aus Immigration. It might be a good idea for you to phone them and discuss the whole issue.

Perry:
Thanks David for that information. That was my thought exactly. So, I will ring up Immigration and find out the reality and then have a chat with her. There is certainly no risk of overstay or lack of finance, so I wonder if she actually took the interview with the immigration people.

David E:
Perry

Being the designated cynic here ( :-\) I cant help feeling that there is something a bit iffy about the Tourist Visa outcome...after all, I would think that only a minute fraction of the many, many Chinese Tourists coming to Aus now have any knowlege of English at all. And as those of us that have spent a lot of time in China will testify it is still very rare that the average Chinese knows any English.

I have previously sponsored Tourist Visas for my wife's Father, Sister, Son and 4 of her Uni mates and those went through without a problem.

It may well be that she parted with money for a local Agency to handle her application and they did nothing, just told her that her lack of English led to a refusal ??????( a local Agency tried this with my Sister-in-Law so it does happen)

Either which way, I would be sure you dont know the real truth about this story and I urge you to get to he bottom of it...before you get hurt

Just my 2 cents worth
Kind regards...David

Willy The Londoner:

--- Quote from: Perry on May 10, 2015, 05:22:40 pm ---Thanks David for that information. That was my thought exactly. So, I will ring up Immigration and find out the reality and then have a chat with her. There is certainly no risk of overstay or lack of finance, so I wonder if she actually took the interview with the immigration people.

--- End quote ---
As a Non Oz Maybe it would be an idea to find out exactly what Visa she applied for.  As David says it seems a bit iffy to get a refusal for a visitors visa.

If she did the application herself then maybe she ticked a wrong box or could she have possible overstated her assets to you!

Willy

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version