Author Topic: Why vote for a President?  (Read 2435 times)

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
Why vote for a President?
« on: March 26, 2016, 12:23:17 am »
What is the point in voting for a President?

I believe it matters not whether it is Republican Donald or Democrat Hilary the results will be the same -they will have no real power.  The power, as in all countries, lies within Government Agencies.

Voting is my Human Right you may say???

Watch 'Agent Down' a film by Sky News Productions then tell me where are the human rights when even Senators in Congress are given the run around for years by various government agencies.

Willy

Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline Robertt S

• Georgia***Shandong
  • Administrator
  • Too Old for Instagram and Too Young for Life-Alert
Re: Why vote for a President?
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2016, 09:17:17 am »
 I do not think we actually will get to elect the president this election. From the manner in which the republicrats are pulling all stops to stop Trump I have decided that their party has decided already who they don't want for president. Apparently the establishment parties have finally decided amongst themselves that the general public is too stupid to select a president by themselves.

I myself feel that BOTH parties are scared shitless of someone who is already rich before going to congress. I t is really funny because the 4 other candidates are career public moochers that live off taxpayers whereas the one that they all say is the worst choice actually pays his own way. I suppose they are all afraid Trump will get in their and actually start firing fossils that haven't done a days work in eons and then go after their cash cows ( lobbyists and big pharma)  Trump really pissed the insurance companies off by saying he would do away with state boundaries when purchasing insurance for healthcare. The nerve of that man for trying to force the big insurance companies to have to compete against each other on a National level, why that might actually drive costs down due to ( wait for it) COMPETITION.

I expect Cruz will drop out soon due to his recently discovered "Player" status. The other guy from Ohio has only won one state so far and basically is staying in per RNC orders to help stop Trump. I compare campaign platforms of candidates also and from what I have seen and heard Trump's platform is to make America great again whereas Cruz's platform is basically to Stop Trump. People say Trump says stupid or insensitive things that aren't politically correct, where have the critics been the last 8 years when Joe Duffus Biden is running his yap. I am surprised he can even find Washington DC to go to work. Anyhow, it has gotten to the point where it is EVIDENT to everyone with half a brain that MONEY decides who our president will be.

So basically if this election plays out like the taxpayer dependents want it to you will be right Willy! What is the point of voting for a president?

Offline JohnB

• Board Moderator
  • the less traveled road has made all the difference
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2016, 04:00:02 pm »
Robert, I think we should add a feature to our busy, busy website. How about adding a column/ feature "Rant & Rave".
It can be our 'catch basin'/ 'dumping ground' for political drama, or political humor, or just plain shit.   

America has gone down the toilet with these 'fat - assed' political hacks running the news 24/7...the latest being the drama
played out by the republicans, guess who?... the "wife twitter" war of the "mile- high clubber" Trump & the "virgin" Cruz.
(Hilary must be pissing her panties pure joy)
Check out Melania on GQ mag. http://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/article/donald-trump-melania-trump-knauss-first-lady-erections
If the 'unthinkable' happens we can send drones over Saudi Arabia & Pakistan distributing back copies of GQ's take on Melania.  :)
That would drive the Sunnis to shit burka bricks. 
Imagine Melania in a burka? 
The frick & frack of the GOP. These CLOWNS want to be president? My America? Our America? GOOD LUCK AMERICA! We certainly will need it.

Tony Blair has a ton more class than these two assholes. What is this with his rumored friend.. Wendi Deng. Doesn't talk about it. I asked.
Wendi is sexier than Melania. Just a matter of one's taste.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2016, 04:58:58 pm by JohnB »

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2016, 10:32:06 pm »
Robert, I think we should add a feature to our busy, busy website. How about adding a column/ feature "Rant & Rave".
It can be our 'catch basin'/ 'dumping ground' for political drama, or political humor, or just plain shit.   

I thought we already had that with the 'Ring of Fire'

As for presidential elections then I prefer the system here.  None of this electioneering rubbish.  Things just happen every ten years without interfering with normal life. Plus there is a definate improvement for more people here year on year.

What is the result of the American system?  Trump meetings are just a prelim of what the World has to look forward to.  Fist flying around the World.  A big wall around America! To keep potential immigrants out - no to keep Americans inside is my guess.  Why stop just Muslim?

Lets face it even terrorism in the years to date has caused fewer deaths than American gun laws cause every month!

Stop Mexicans he says because they bring people with lots of problems, the lowest in their own societies outside the USA. Maybe he forgets that it was not that long ago when America was built by such people arriving from the 4 corners of the earth. 

Anyway I do not care whether it is a Republican or a Democrat that has his finger on the Nuclear Button I just want one who his not quick tempered who will activate that button in a moment of anger.

Willy

Willy The Lpndoner

Offline JohnB

• Board Moderator
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2016, 11:09:18 pm »
'I thought we already had that with the 'Ring of Fire....' 

my bad..
old age..selective hearing, selective seeing. shit, it's getting worst.
"Ring of Fire" has me the Johnny Cash way. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKCQakOUYYc

30 years in Seattle has me thinking the "Ring of Fire" is going to dump my ass somewhere other than seconds ago.

& we have the 'Ring of Fire' here too. small world.

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2016, 10:19:20 pm »
I hear that Trump is going ahead with building his wall.

He thinks it will be very effective.

Not in keeping illegal immigrants out but to keep the desperate residents in!

In the mistakes race between USA and UK it is currently 1 - 1.

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Offline Robertt S

• Georgia***Shandong
  • Administrator
  • Too Old for Instagram and Too Young for Life-Alert
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2016, 10:49:30 pm »

Willy

The good thing about England is that they can just flood the tunnel if things go south for them! 8)

Offline JohnB

• Board Moderator
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2017, 12:32:15 pm »

Willy

I'll be one. Sometime mid- Year. China.

If by coincidence, my personal plan is to move to China this year, as soon as my personal affairs
are settled. My wife being Chinese. So, my determination to exit America is “seasoned”.. has been a few
years back, I wanted this to happen.

I am Trump's age for reference, going back down America's memory lane.
I think it safe to say, we would not share fond opinions of the other.  By fortune or misfortune,
however the benefit of being, I am the “forgettable” little guy motivating as best as I can, playing
by the law & the rules of the land. Trump, he being of “supreme” stature.. soon the president of
the United States, is on a whole new level of elevated being. I am sure it safe to say his arrogance
is satiated by the office of the presidency.
Our paths never crossed and I doubt they ever will.

Even so, if I not married, I'd be leaving anyway.

« Last Edit: January 05, 2017, 01:55:06 pm by JohnB »