Author Topic: This Forum  (Read 7354 times)

Offline ChinaBound

• guilin bound
This Forum
« on: April 19, 2016, 07:28:24 am »
 WOW I must say that this forum has died on the vine as one would say. It has been a while since i have been on it
     and i must say nothing was missed.

Offline arnold

Re: This Forum
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2016, 05:08:36 pm »
I agree, guess it is due to the bad Economy and the cost of doing this (many times fake and unpleasant)Adventure finding a Bride. Another thing, here in the US these "Match" Agency's have multiplied like weeds. So why spend $1000's when it can be done for much less and easier to find out if fake or truthful as visiting is much less troublesome.
Anyways, I'm still attached somewhat to this Site and do come here now and then.. maybe find something new or of interest.

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2016, 11:06:11 pm »

It does not seem that I am now facing completing seven years here but even in that time I have seem changes in China.

I can see that people are visibly better off financially. The housing market around this way is still booming thanks to the high prices of properties in neighbouring Hong Kong.  Ok one day the bubble may burst but unlike in the west very few will ever lose their homes if it does. But hey, I have been told by Westerners that bubble is about to burst ever since I got here and its still going strong!

Homes in our Garden complex have all been sold even though the building work is not finished yet.

The number of people wanting to leave the country for a better life overseas is diminishing as they are finding a better life here. 

Willy

Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2016, 01:43:12 pm »
I dont get on too often either.  But I do like to log in from time to time to see what's happening around here.

Offline Pineau

• All things considered .....
  • Board Moderator
  • God is great, beer is good, and people are Crazy
    • Youtube
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2016, 01:16:37 am »
Last one out, please turn out  the lights.  Actually, there are still a lot of ladies contacting me on QQ asking for help finding a western husband.  But finding interested men has been a problem.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2016, 01:18:44 am by Pineau »
Don’t give up when you still have something to give. Nothing is really over until the moment you stop trying.
https://chinaandfriends.shutterfly.com/pictures
http://www.youtube.com/user/gerrypineau/videos
http://youtu.be/zG4eoONlutE

• Board Moderator
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2016, 09:34:02 pm »
Last one out, please turn out  the lights.  Actually, there are still a lot of ladies contacting me on QQ asking for help finding a western husband.  But finding interested men has been a problem.

I do meet many women here, in fact every three months we have 30 plus come to our home for evening get togethers. Nearly half of these have no husbands and would love to have one.  But in that respect I find that I have created a mini problem in my area. That is because I came, I saw, I stayed!

Many of those I meet would prefer to have a husband in the same situation as my wife and I. ( But as my wife tells me 'I am one in a million!')

I must admit that over the years I have developed a part Western part Chinese lifestyle!  My wife has learned more English than I have Chinese so our conversations are in Chinglish!

She has learned to cook Western style even though she herself only eats Chinese dinners but sometimes we tuck into Western lunches together.

I get all the English Premier League football (soccer) on TV because association football is becoming big in China. I can watch UK or USA TV at the touch of a button.  (That button is often used when on comes the comedy classic of the season which goes by the name of the US Presidential Election  ;D ;D ;D)

The one difference in my life in China and the UK is that here I am looked after like I have never been looked after before. 

Living permanently here is not for everyone but for me it is everything.

Willy

Willy The Lpndoner

Offline JohnB

• Board Moderator
  • the less traveled road has made all the difference
Re: This Forumthose
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2016, 11:34:56 pm »
I had to brush the cobwebs away. :(
Kind of odd situation we have here. Even many of the old hands do not venture this way too often.  The lurkers still lurk.. most of them sitting out in the cold looking in. Oh well, it does not matter because I think there are a lot of external issues out there that affect participation here. And that is something we cannot control. That is something that has to play out.
When it comes down to it, committing to a China bride does take a lot of resources. Financial, emotional, whatever label. The journey seems the end of the world, but for me it is a measly, less than a half day trip, to visit China. To the uninitiated, seems maybe a moon shot.
For those out & about, my suggestion is to get your passport! That is 50% of your effort to see what this world & China is all about.

• Board Moderator
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2016, 02:41:08 am »
I know several who have had special events occur in recent months but unfortunately no postings from them.   ;)

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
  • Moderators
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2016, 11:25:09 am »
I know several who have had special events occur in recent months but unfortunately no postings from them.   ;)

Willy

What's with the wink ?????? .... neither my wife nor I am pregnant so I can squash that fertile rumor.

Yes this site has been quite quiet and maybe I will post some videos and pictures from this weekend Mother's Day performance my wife played at with some of her students. Besides her group, there was some dance groups as well. It was a Chinese cultural show, and except for one brave gweilo, singing in karaoke Cantonese, the performers where Chinese. Besides being a Mother's Day show, the concert also raised fire disaster relief funds for the raging fire we have in northern Alberta.

Which comes to mind - an area that Martin works around. I hope your safe Martin and still trucking.
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances

• Board Moderator
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2016, 09:16:16 pm »

[/quote]
What's with the wink ?????? .... neither my wife nor I am pregnant so I can squash that fertile rumor.
[/quote]

Ah well. There is always next year. ;)

Willy

Willy The Lpndoner

Offline maxx

« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2016, 06:29:04 am »
True enough Willy.

• Board Moderator
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2016, 07:47:56 pm »
Just an after thought. You will be safe to return Rhonald as I have disposed of my trike. ;D

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
  • Moderators
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2016, 08:24:28 am »
Just an after thought. You will be safe to return Rhonald as I have disposed of my trike. ;D

Willy

So I could crash at your place without worrying about my wife crashing?

So far I can't seem to find my cord to attach my camera to the computer to download my film and pictures. It's also the same cable that recharges my phone. I guess with so many people just using their camera from their phones, its an accessory that most camera stores don't carry anymore. So I might need to order straight from Sony.

If we do go on a new trip ending of this year or early next year - I'm not sure if I will be going as well with my wife. Since I work in the Oil industry, my salary has taken a 20% hit. At least I still have a job with health benefits. My department only 2 years ago had 24 people and now we are down to only 8. And strangely, even with such a low rate for oil, the price for gas at the pump has only slightly gone down.
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances

Offline joeswuhandream

• the good life with a good wife
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2016, 03:25:40 am »
Hi everyone    yes it seems very quiet now-days   but times are changing  very fast,  people who visited every day and left some feedback  are now busy with there new life  with their wife's , the  Men interesting in finding a Chinese wife have put things on the back burner due to the Global economy meltdown,
so many things  have  contributed   to the situation ,  so its a matter of riding things out  I'm sure things could improve  in the future,
good to hear from  they guys on this topic,   how time goes  by,  Willy  coming on 8 yrs in china ,  and me been married almost 5.5 yrs now,  my best wishes  to all that still, frequent  the site,  in times of need we should stick together it would be sad to see it all come to end
cheers  Joe  :) :) :)

Offline Pineau

• All things considered .....
  • Board Moderator
  • God is great, beer is good, and people are Crazy
    • Youtube
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2016, 12:23:15 am »
Wish we could get some interested new members. I still am helping ladies with advice and introductions. No sense of putting them on display here. Since there are no new members the nothing will happen except the lurkers will try to exploit them
Don’t give up when you still have something to give. Nothing is really over until the moment you stop trying.
https://chinaandfriends.shutterfly.com/pictures
http://www.youtube.com/user/gerrypineau/videos
http://youtu.be/zG4eoONlutE