General Discussion and Useful Links > Ask An Experienced Member

This Forum

<< < (5/5)

Willy The Londoner:
I know that this is a strange way to compare how the economy has changed in China but when I first arrived in 2009 nearly every baby and toddler was being carried on a females back. Whether the adult was mother, grandmother aunt or whatever.

Now 7 years on it is rare to see a child carried that way as they have the now have pushchairs or strollers. Even the fathers and grandfathers are happy to be pushing them.

Willy

shaun:
Hi David.  There are a few I do miss talking to on this site.  Be sure trolls are not my issue.  It is members.  Sticks and stones are par for the course in life and my skin is tougher than that.

ChinaBound:
  Shaun is correct. It is the few selective members who have brought the site down from were it was a few years ago.
  There were to many know it alls who thought they knew everything and went after a few select members. Its all in
  the past but i feel it is the root cause of why this forum died. After talking with Stephanie she feels ok with it if i
  decide to look more often and give advice when i can to a new member if needed.

Life is good now and i really didnt think it would turn out like it did.  Our daughter is growing and she keeps me young.
 Will be back in Guangzhou in September just before National day and looking forward to the 3 month break back there.

JohnB:

I had to awake this thread..

I do not think Paradise lost!

on my last visit in September, I saw quite a few Westerners in Shenyang. of course, in a large 4- Star hotel where
my wife & I stayed, I had a few conversations. all these guys were with their Chinese girlfriends. or wives. the
times I saw Western couples were quite a few also, most had children in tow.

the thing is "boy chases girl" has never really disappeared. maybe the forums fell out of favor but it seems
as if the China playing fields are still busy.
at times I look at www.chinalovecupid.com for fun, and I will say that site has a wealth of potential.
there are thousands of ladies there.

nowadays, the agencies, no one talks about. the marketing of the product has changed.
the thing is you still have to sell yourself to the woman you want to meet. knowledge is good... this is where forums
should reign.
but I think another factor comes into play. air tickets are cheap. accommodations are cheap. I can visit China for two
weeks for less than $1000. & live well. now I can take two or three China visits for less cost than what I spent on
my first China visit 9 years ago.
China is cheap. just go. do it.

still, kinda weird to see the level of introspection on some of the postings. sort of like a dog chasing it's own tail.

Gus:
 :'(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version