General Discussion and Useful Links > Ask An Experienced Member

This Forum

<< < (2/5) > >>

Willy The Londoner:

--- Quote from: Pineau on April 26, 2016, 01:16:37 am ---Last one out, please turn out  the lights.  Actually, there are still a lot of ladies contacting me on QQ asking for help finding a western husband.  But finding interested men has been a problem.

--- End quote ---

I do meet many women here, in fact every three months we have 30 plus come to our home for evening get togethers. Nearly half of these have no husbands and would love to have one.  But in that respect I find that I have created a mini problem in my area. That is because I came, I saw, I stayed!

Many of those I meet would prefer to have a husband in the same situation as my wife and I. ( But as my wife tells me 'I am one in a million!')

I must admit that over the years I have developed a part Western part Chinese lifestyle!  My wife has learned more English than I have Chinese so our conversations are in Chinglish!

She has learned to cook Western style even though she herself only eats Chinese dinners but sometimes we tuck into Western lunches together.

I get all the English Premier League football (soccer) on TV because association football is becoming big in China. I can watch UK or USA TV at the touch of a button.  (That button is often used when on comes the comedy classic of the season which goes by the name of the US Presidential Election  ;D ;D ;D)

The one difference in my life in China and the UK is that here I am looked after like I have never been looked after before. 

Living permanently here is not for everyone but for me it is everything.

Willy

JohnB:
I had to brush the cobwebs away. :(
Kind of odd situation we have here. Even many of the old hands do not venture this way too often.  The lurkers still lurk.. most of them sitting out in the cold looking in. Oh well, it does not matter because I think there are a lot of external issues out there that affect participation here. And that is something we cannot control. That is something that has to play out.
When it comes down to it, committing to a China bride does take a lot of resources. Financial, emotional, whatever label. The journey seems the end of the world, but for me it is a measly, less than a half day trip, to visit China. To the uninitiated, seems maybe a moon shot.
For those out & about, my suggestion is to get your passport! That is 50% of your effort to see what this world & China is all about.

Willy The Londoner:
I know several who have had special events occur in recent months but unfortunately no postings from them.   ;)

Willy

Rhonald:

--- Quote from: Willy The Londoner on May 09, 2016, 02:41:08 am ---I know several who have had special events occur in recent months but unfortunately no postings from them.   ;)

Willy

--- End quote ---

What's with the wink ?????? .... neither my wife nor I am pregnant so I can squash that fertile rumor.

Yes this site has been quite quiet and maybe I will post some videos and pictures from this weekend Mother's Day performance my wife played at with some of her students. Besides her group, there was some dance groups as well. It was a Chinese cultural show, and except for one brave gweilo, singing in karaoke Cantonese, the performers where Chinese. Besides being a Mother's Day show, the concert also raised fire disaster relief funds for the raging fire we have in northern Alberta.

Which comes to mind - an area that Martin works around. I hope your safe Martin and still trucking.

Willy The Londoner:

[/quote]
What's with the wink ?????? .... neither my wife nor I am pregnant so I can squash that fertile rumor.
[/quote]

Ah well. There is always next year. ;)

Willy

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version