Author Topic: Chinese Women and their Homes  (Read 5725 times)

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
Chinese Women and their Homes
« on: May 31, 2016, 08:21:27 pm »
Some men have express to me about coming to China and buying and moving into a completely finished home.

However the women folk really want to buy homes which are bare shells, They can then design how they want it set out so their home will be unique to them.

Pre-owned homes are rarely bought and lived in as they are for the rental market and surprisingly the prices are often lower.

One example of this is the show home on this complex which was set out with quality fittings and was, as you can imagine, finished to a high standard. Most of us would move into what was a quite luxurious finished home. 
Well it was sold and the decorating contractor moved in last week and ripped everything out back to its concrete shell so that the new owner can have it fitted out the their way.

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Re: Chinese Women and their Homes
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2016, 08:22:15 pm »
Some men have expressed to me about coming to China and buying and moving into a completely finished home.

However the women folk really want to buy homes which are bare shells, They can then design how they want it set out so their home will be unique to them.

Pre-owned homes are rarely bought and lived in as they are for the rental market and surprisingly the prices are often lower.

One example of this is the show home on this complex which was set out with quality fittings and was, as you can imagine, finished to a high standard. Most of us would move into what was a quite luxurious finished home. 
Well it was sold and the decorating contractor moved in last week and ripped everything out back to its concrete shell so that the new owner can have it fitted out the their way.

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Offline JohnB

• Board Moderator
  • the less traveled road has made all the difference
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2016, 09:16:43 pm »

what is this?
Looking forward to my 8th Summer here
the Zhongshan summers are pleasant & mild?

thanks much Willy! my understanding of the China home ownership is in a radical state of flux now. I think I must keep my wife away from your wife!

my impression of the newbuilds are generally a bit remote, a ways from the city center. I've been concentrating on Zhuhai as a general source of information. I much prefer something a bit more civilized than suburbia. then again I may be entirely mistaken as to what exists out there until I visit.

I find China a fascinating country to visit, having my wife as my China guide. I think nothing more than being there with her as we go forth in life.
besides, my blood pressure drops 20 points when we together in China.
less b.s., less stress.

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2016, 08:14:41 pm »

my impression of the new builds are generally a bit remote, a ways from the city center. I've been concentrating on Zhuhai as a general source of information. I much prefer something a bit more civilized than suburbia. then again I may be entirely mistaken as to what exists out there until I visit.

When we bought our first property here we was right on the edge of the city. (Not that I like living on the edge though. 8) )But 7 years on we are now some way from the edge! even in our new place.
You can find pre-lived in homes in the main city centres but very few new builds.  But there again the new builds, where ever they are  create 'city centres' around them. Right opposite our complex is a large area which is now full of restuarants. Very lively from 8am until 9pm when everything starts to close.

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner