Author Topic: Puppets on a String  (Read 4366 times)

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • Board Moderator
  • My favourite photo
Re: Puppets on a String
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2018, 02:49:50 pm »
Wille, Rhonald and Philip...wow, that really is a blast from the past to hear from you guys...fond memories of when we were all setting off on this adventure !!!

Willie, age eventually catches all of us, I am struggling with COPD...but my little Lady is a rock and makes my life easier with her attention to my every whim !!! My rotten lungs could not cope with China pollution any more so I cant go to Chinese New Year in Chengdu with the Chinese half of my family...something I really looked forward to in the past...there is nothing like an authentic Chinese New year in China.

I sponsored Mings Son about 4 years ago and he is now settled in Aus...despite some earlier conflicts (little Emperor syndrome) he has settled down and become a rational young Man at last...once he got to understand the rules here !!!

Once again...good to hear from you all...brings back many, many memories

Cheers...DavidE

Offline JohnB

• the less traveled road has made all the difference
Re: Puppets on a String
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2018, 02:05:59 am »

I am like the preverbial bad penny and keep turning up David.  Nice to hear from you.
Celebrating my 9th Chinese New Year here this weekend.

Willy, you've got the China stay power. Soon I'll be taking my visit across the Pacific pond for a
lengthy visit. By this, my tourist visa is good for a 2 month duration. I suppose this keeps me
close to foreign points of entry.

Perhaps the greatest play in this is that there will be no more goodbyes at the airport. How sweet
can that be?