Author Topic: Re: Differances of Chinese/Western Marriages  (Read 4680 times)

Offline Ed W

Re: Differances of Chinese/Western Marriages
« on: May 03, 2009, 06:18:10 am »
Quote from: "Martin"
I was told many times when I was over there, that wedding are considered the most important day of our lives.

I too was lead to understand this as well. The things more important have everything to do with family.
Alright earthlings, what form do you want me to take?....How about a taco, ....that craps icecream?  My trip to china

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2009, 07:04:52 am »
Thanks arnold,...You know I find it amazing that what I was told about China when I was younger, is mostly all bogus... Since I have started this journey I have grown to be a better person I think, I have made many new Chinese friends from my home town, and for the first time in my life I am able to learn a new language, BECAUSE I want to learn it, I want this journey to carry on and never end..  When I told Kathy about the extensive research I am doing to learn about the culture and language she was thrilled and has said that, that alone will bring both of us closer to a happier marriage, her ex was more interested in his business than he was in her or his son.  Martin I also believe this because I was brought up a family orientated person, and because of this, our wedding day I am going to try and make it the best for her, as much as I can.  :D

Robert1810

Differances of Chinese/Western Marriages
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2009, 10:34:04 am »
I read somewhere on here I think, about this site in Candle for Love.  Well I went to it and read through the topic concerned and found to my surprise how informative it was concerning Chinese/Western marriages. I am not married to my 'Kathy' as of yet, this is more than likely taking place in November when I take my trip through to see her, I have asked her and she has said yes, so I am looking forward to the experience, that I know many people are.

The topic gave me a real insight into the mindset of Chinese women, and I know that if I follow the information that has been given up on there, then I/we will have a long and fruitful marriage.  The reason I have posted this topic is to let other members of this brotherhood know about it, in case they may have missed it, I can say it is probably the most informative piece of information about the eastern ladies I have read.

http://candleforlove.com/forums

This is the link to it I think, maybe one of the Admin who has read or visited the site could put the proper link in.

Thanks gents, good luck and good reading I truly advise you to read it.   :D
« Last Edit: May 26, 2009, 08:15:39 pm by Vince G »

Martin

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2009, 10:58:19 am »
I was told many times when I was over there, that wedding are considered the most important day of our lives.

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2009, 02:42:58 pm »
The proper link can be seen in Chinese Culture and Festivals...........In the post a very helpful Hint :D

Arnold

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2009, 09:27:33 pm »
Robert , one can never know enough before going to jump into the , well ... much unknown from our western point of view . So your well on your way to be happy with your Kathy and she will benefit from it the most , for you knowing what you know .

Arnold

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2009, 10:54:32 am »
Robert , this is why I and many other's plan on having a Wedding in China , instead back home . It's all for her Family and a new and special experience for us . About the Bogus Info . , there are still so many People here , that I meet , trash talk China about this and that . You know Me , I'll let them have it right there for their ignorance / none knowledge to even open their Mouth . It really is strange , the position I find myself in .. defending anything about China that is not true . It's almost like Preaching the Lord's word . I find myself pretty steamed up sometimes .
Anyhow , as it goes , a better Woman will make for a better Man . We have looked in the right place .

Paul Todd

RE: Differances of Chinese/Western Marriages
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2009, 05:49:34 pm »
Married Life?  :huh:

You understand that silence in response to a question means "almost certainly no"
"Maybe" means "probably no" and "Yeah..." means, "maybe."
As far as I am aware, there is no way for a Chinese women to say "yes for sure" If she
does say yes, it may simply mean that she doesn't want to argue with you, but don't be fooled because she is going to go ahead and do it the way she wanted anyway.

You're in-laws walking into your bedroom doesn't bother you (quite as much as it used to)

You check the bill carefully before you pay and challenge at least one item.

You aren't surprised when you arrive home from work to find your mother-in-law in the kitchen.

You recognize the hosts of the CCTV CNY gala show.

You take Jing Shun Lu to save 5RMB on the airport expressway.

You no longer challenge her beliefs about medicine and health..

You've stopped trying to identify the food she eats.

You don't notice people staring.

You walk out on the back porch of your motherinlaws house and see the sack of fish heads

you take your motherinlaws rice baskets and throw them at the guy across the alley takeing a piss on the side of the building.

your motherinlaw slaps you for throwing her rice baskets.At the neighbors.

your neigbors pitbull is scared of your wife.

You rent a hotel room and the whole family comes over to take a shower.

you watch ccty channel 9 just to laugh at the anchor person.When they slaughter the English launguge.

If you and your wife anre looking for a place, you haven't been before, you have two totally different concepts how to find that place: your wife will ask 5 people on the way and make 8 tel calls to ask for a direction. You simply look for the address.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2009, 07:50:44 pm by maxx »

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2009, 06:11:55 pm »
Just noticed this Paul.............heheh Nice one......lol

Martin

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2009, 07:38:22 pm »
Paul...too funny!  I liked it.  I am already worried about the In laws walking in on me.

Offline maxx

« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2009, 07:53:07 pm »
Paul that is funny I added a couple of more.I hope you don't mind.

Arnold

« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2009, 02:16:48 am »
Forget the In-law's Martin ... Chong is the one to worry about . Moving to Markham , will make this a very likely happening .
Paul , I don't know where you get these ... but very Funny indeed .
« Last Edit: May 27, 2009, 02:18:36 am by Arnold »

Offline Peter

« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2009, 11:47:01 am »
Very good Paul.. I will keep it in my mind
Better to be married to a wife from Changsha then have 7000 women in Chnlove

Martin

« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2009, 11:56:46 am »
I am going to move this into its own thread, because it is funny, and I think others can add to this!