Author Topic: update  (Read 2806 times)

Offline Mark_in_Canada

update
« on: August 29, 2017, 11:34:47 pm »
Hi everyone, thought I would check in with an update. We are still going strong after being married in 2011 in Hangzhou. This year has been our best so far, it was really a struggle in the beginning with us each speaking different languages.  Communication is the most important thing in any relationship. and now my wife's English has really improved. I am still working, having another seven years to retire.  We always make time to travel somewhere every year. This year we went to Vancouver island . This is a great place to retire, as the temperature is very even. Never gets to hot or cold for for very long.
We checked out Victoria and Sidney and the beautiful Butchart Gardens.
I do take a look at the website from time to time, it seems to have come to a crawl lately. I hope you are all doing well in your relationships as well!!!

Offline daghoi

Re: update
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2017, 07:02:44 am »

Good to hear. I used to be active on the site an travelled to China a handfull of times. I ended up marrying a woman of vietnamese origin, which had been in my country for many ears. We avoided language trouble and hassel with migration. She lived 10 minutes by car from where i lived at the time. We will soon celebrating 5 years marriage.

Offline Robertt S

• Georgia***Shandong
  • Administrator
  • Too Old for Instagram and Too Young for Life-Alert
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2017, 04:08:39 pm »

Good to hear. I used to be active on the site an travelled to China a handfull of times. I ended up marrying a woman of vietnamese origin, which had been in my country for many ears. We avoided language trouble and hassel with migration. She lived 10 minutes by car from where i lived at the time. We will soon celebrating 5 years marriage.

Nice to hear from you again. Hopefully you might keep coming back and maybe answer any questions about Vietnamese women someone may have. I am trying to open the site up to different regions of Asia hoping to stimulate site growth. Once I deleted spam memberships and those who joined and never visited the site again, it literally cut the membership roster in half.

Glad you checked in with an update  :)

Regards, Robertt S

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2017, 04:47:37 am »
Perhaps the whole site need a different name to cover Asia.

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline Robertt S

• Georgia***Shandong
  • Administrator
  • Too Old for Instagram and Too Young for Life-Alert
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2017, 08:17:49 pm »
Perhaps the whole site need a different name to cover Asia.

Willy

I agree Willy and am open to suggestions for a new site name that would better suit such a site! All members are invited to submit their suggestion for a new name and when we have a list of potential names I will make a poll to pick the winner.

Offline shaun

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2017, 09:07:03 pm »
Keep it simple.  Asian Romance

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2017, 09:57:40 pm »
Keep it simple.  Asian Romance

I agree with Shaun.  No need to change the URL then. 

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline daghoi

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2017, 03:00:09 pm »

Nice to hear from you again. Hopefully you might keep coming back and maybe answer any questions about Vietnamese women someone may have. I am trying to open the site up to different regions of Asia hoping to stimulate site growth. Once I deleted spam memberships and those who joined and never visited the site again, it literally cut the membership roster in half.

Glad you checked in with an update  :)

Regards, Robertt S

I'll try to visit more frequent in the future :)

Offline mracn

• The world's largest direct seller in the telecom idustry
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2017, 03:31:44 pm »
This coming Wednesday night, my girlfriend will arriving here in my city finally from Shanghai. She is staying here for 2 months on her visa and I am hoping by that time to really get to know her if we will be spending our lives together. It has been a very busy 6 1/2 months chatting back and forth every day but she made the final decision to come here on her own accord. While here, we might decide to get married if all goes well or we can delay it till she can come back in the future. Here's to hopping it all works out !!!!

Offline Pineau

• All things considered .....
  • God is great, beer is good, and people are Crazy
    • Youtube
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2017, 07:10:52 pm »
What is her visa status. Be careful announcing that you might get married. That could be misconstrued as an attempt to circumvent immigration law unless her VISA is a fiance' visa.  If she is here on a tourist visa that is borderline. It happened to my son on his girlfriends second trip to the US and they spent hours in airport immigration explaining.
Don’t give up when you still have something to give. Nothing is really over until the moment you stop trying.
https://chinaandfriends.shutterfly.com/pictures
http://www.youtube.com/user/gerrypineau/videos
http://youtu.be/zG4eoONlutE