Author Topic: Waiting time  (Read 33960 times)

Offline Pineau

• All things considered .....
  • God is great, beer is good, and people are Crazy
    • Youtube
Re: Waiting time
« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2018, 07:56:48 pm »
Thats great news.  The real challanges are ahead.  Be prepared for a year or more delay for adjustments in status and green cards.
Don’t give up when you still have something to give. Nothing is really over until the moment you stop trying.
https://chinaandfriends.shutterfly.com/pictures
http://www.youtube.com/user/gerrypineau/videos
http://youtu.be/zG4eoONlutE

Offline Gus

« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2018, 07:41:05 pm »
Just an update. Spent a lovely week in Liuzhou with Lihong and her family, and safely returned to the USA yesterday. Late night red-eye flight to JFK, a few hours of shut-eye, then trained home to CT. Lihong is settled in and sleeping, and we are finally here together. Here's to the future.

Gus

Offline JohnB

• Board Moderator
  • the less traveled road has made all the difference
« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2018, 11:42:28 am »

Gus, are you okay? you haven't come up for air in 6 weeks or so. how is your life these days?

Offline Gus

« Reply #33 on: November 12, 2018, 02:23:23 pm »
John,

Thanks for checking in on me. I check the forum daily, but seldom see new posts. All is FANTASTIC here with Li Hong and me. We are settling into a very sweet harmonious married life together. Li Hong's English improves daily, my Chinese not so quickly. We face daily challenges together in good stride (food choices, tastes, lifestyle changes, fashion, weather, etc.) Finding Li Hong has been such a wonderful, joyous event in my life, and I hope she feels the same for her life. We laugh often at the Google translate description of phrases. We are now waiting on the mysterious time frame of Green Card arrival, or what is next in the government paper work game.

Always a pleasure to be a part of this wonderful forum.

Best,

Gus

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #34 on: November 12, 2018, 09:16:25 pm »
Time always seem to drag by slowly when waiting.

I cannot believe that I have been on this forum for so long and that I will soon be celebrating tens years of marriage.

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline Robertt S

• Georgia***Shandong
  • Administrator
  • Too Old for Instagram and Too Young for Life-Alert
« Reply #35 on: November 13, 2018, 02:12:36 am »
John,

Thanks for checking in on me. I check the forum daily, but seldom see new posts. All is FANTASTIC here with Li Hong and me. We are settling into a very sweet harmonious married life together. Li Hong's English improves daily, my Chinese not so quickly. We face daily challenges together in good stride (food choices, tastes, lifestyle changes, fashion, weather, etc.) Finding Li Hong has been such a wonderful, joyous event in my life, and I hope she feels the same for her life. We laugh often at the Google translate description of phrases. We are now waiting on the mysterious time frame of Green Card arrival, or what is next in the government paper work game.

Best,

Gus
Gus, Have you already paid the Immigrant Fee? The Green card will not be issued until that fee is paid! Here is a link in case you haven't paid the fee!
https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/USCIS/Resources/F4en.pdf
Have a good day! Robertt
If you have already paid the immigrant fee it usually takes about 45 days for the card to arrive in the mail!
« Last Edit: November 13, 2018, 02:17:20 am by Robertt S »

Offline Gus

« Reply #36 on: November 13, 2018, 03:23:37 pm »
Congrats Willy!!!!!

Yes, paid the fee. The website says it takes between 3 weeks and 120 days. Government efficiency, LOL.

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
  • Moderators
« Reply #37 on: November 23, 2018, 03:51:11 pm »
I cannot believe that I have been on this forum for so long and that I will soon be celebrating tens years of marriage.
Willy

Congratulation on a Decade of decadence Willy!! For us it will be 10 years come Dec 25 that I proposed in Sanya. Talk about a gamble  :o this Dec 25 we will be in Vegas testing again, my gambling ability!  8)
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
  • Moderators
« Reply #38 on: November 23, 2018, 03:54:25 pm »
All is FANTASTIC here with Li Hong and me. We are settling into a very sweet harmonious married life together.

Best,

Gus

Best wishes for the two of you coming into the festive season.
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances

Offline Gus

« Reply #39 on: November 28, 2018, 02:58:36 pm »
Thanks Rhonald, and same to you & yours.

Gus

Offline Gus

« Reply #40 on: December 17, 2018, 06:25:49 pm »
Still waiting on Green Card (ufff it seems all we do is wait for paperwork)

Any suggestions from you veteran forum users on the first Christmas in America for Lihong and me? Any suggestions as to celebrating Chinese New Year in February?

Lihong is learning English very quickly and adapting to American living very well. I am still struggling with learning Chinese but make slow & steady progress.

Happy holidays to all.

Best,

Gus

Offline Pineau

• All things considered .....
  • God is great, beer is good, and people are Crazy
    • Youtube
« Reply #41 on: December 20, 2018, 11:33:35 am »
Dont get discouraged. The USCIS is not the most efficient government agency we have.

My son and his wife waited about 1.5 years to get the interview and another 4 month for the green card. 
My daughter waited 11 months from application to issuance of her certificate of citizenship.

You can check the processing times at your local USCIS field office. They will post the application dates that they are working on at the moment. Depending on what form/application you filed it will be handeled by a particular field office.  https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/
For instance now it is December.  If I look up form N600 application for citizenship processing at the Denver office  I will get the response .....8.5 Months to 11 Months   Application for recognition of U.S. citizenship   January 27, 2018  So they are about a year behind schedule

If her visa is close to expiring then you should make an appointment to speak with an immigration officer before it does.
Don’t give up when you still have something to give. Nothing is really over until the moment you stop trying.
https://chinaandfriends.shutterfly.com/pictures
http://www.youtube.com/user/gerrypineau/videos
http://youtu.be/zG4eoONlutE

Offline JohnB

• Board Moderator
« Reply #42 on: April 20, 2019, 10:44:33 am »

Gus,
I hope all is well with Lihong and you.
yours was a good story. how goes your life nowadays?

Offline Gus

« Reply #43 on: April 22, 2019, 04:20:38 pm »
Hi John,

Married life w/Lihong is WONDERFUL, thanks for asking. I think I am jinxed with paperwork though. Lihong's Green Card has never been delivered, MULTIPLE calls/emails, and finally a meeting with my local USCIS field office, promising to re-send all the info... basically just more waiting time. USA immigration has to be the slowest, most difficult part of a loving relationship. Lihong's English is getting better and better every day, she is adjusting nicely to American food, shopping and way of life. My Chinese is progressing slowly, but all in all, we couldn't be happier and made for each other.

Hope all is well with you & yours, and ALL the members of this wonderful site.

Gus

Offline JohnB

• Board Moderator
« Reply #44 on: April 23, 2019, 11:59:05 pm »
 ;) :)