Author Topic: Waiting time  (Read 33397 times)

Offline Gus

Waiting time
« on: January 17, 2018, 02:58:09 pm »
Has anyone here, gotten married and then had to wait months and months for the I-130 (USA) period? What did you all do in the mean time? How many times did you travel to visit your bride in China? Did you meet somewhere halfway (if your wife has a passport and visa)? Lihong and I Wechat twice a day, but it is not the same. I know we have to wait for the slow government to take it's sweet time, but oh.... I am so anxious to be with Lihong. Do you experienced people have any suggestions that are better than Wechat? It is difficult to take time & finances to go visit every month or so, and even then it just feels rushed, and is a strain to have to meet in a MAJOR Chinese area, because the travel time is quicker? Maybe I'm just a cry baby, and impatient, or looking for good advice from my fellow China Romancers about your experiences, waits, and anything else you can shed light on. I love reading the insightful replies, the humor, and knowing some of what I may have to be on the look out for, or watch my step with.

as always, thanks in advance and be well.

Gus

Offline Mark

Re: Waiting time
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2018, 04:46:41 pm »
Pretend you've known each other for 7 years and go about your current daily lives. The time will pass quickly.

Mark

« Last Edit: January 17, 2018, 08:15:42 pm by Robertt S »

Offline Gus

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2018, 05:30:57 pm »
I think I did something wrong on your post Mark... Sorry 'bout that.

Offline Gus

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2018, 05:38:40 pm »
OK, another wait question:  Just read this on USCIS...
K-3/K-4 Nonimmigrant Visas

If you are a U.S. citizen and you filed a Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative for your foreign spouse who is abroad, you can also file a Form I-129F, Petition for Alien Fiancé(e). This is the first step for your spouse and his or her children to obtain a visa to come to the United States while you wait for USCIS to make a decision on the Form I-130. Historically, you and your family members might have been separated for some time while waiting for a decision on your Form I-130. Congress sought to resolve this problem by creating K-3 and K-4 nonimmigrant visas to shorten the time your family would need to spend apart. However, because USCIS now takes less time to adjudicate the Form I-130, the current need for K-3 and K-4 visas is rare.

My Form I-130 has been accepted, but the YSC service Center is still only processing applications received in April 2017. Mine did not get accepted until Oct 2017. Does this apply to me, so that Lihong may get to the USA sooner, while waiting for the I-130 to be processed? This is so confusing, and time consuming.

HELP, lol.

Offline Robertt S

• Georgia***Shandong
  • Administrator
  • Too Old for Instagram and Too Young for Life-Alert
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2018, 06:29:05 pm »
Gus, just be patient! Currently the IR/CR1 visas currently have a total processing time of 13 months versus 16 months for the K-3. The IR/CR1 visa is cheaper and has more benefits including the ability to work and travel abroad without filing additional forms. Once you get your NOA2 from USCIS and NVC receives your case you can switch over to electronic processing which is way faster than traditional processing. Here is the current processing times for YSC as of today.

Regards, Robert

Offline Gus

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2018, 06:23:41 pm »
Thanks Robert,  Patience is probably NOT one of my strong points. I did see after I posted the new YSC service times. July... What is an NOA2 from USCIS?  Ufffff, I never figured it would take so long to have my wife join me.  :)

Offline Robertt S

• Georgia***Shandong
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2018, 09:51:01 pm »
Thanks Robert,  Patience is probably NOT one of my strong points. I did see after I posted the new YSC service times. July... What is an NOA2 from USCIS?  Ufffff, I never figured it would take so long to have my wife join me.  :)

NOA2 is the approval letter/receipt from USCIS/Service Center. Your case will then be forwarded to NVC to begin processing the visa. Once you get your new case number from NVC you can rock and roll then.

Offline Gus

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2018, 07:44:14 pm »
Well, I am off to Shanghai tomorrow, for a quick whirlwind rendezvous with my sweet Lihong. Let's hope my cell phone works this time, so I can have some mobile google translate. See you all when I return.

Gus

Offline Pineau

• All things considered .....
  • God is great, beer is good, and people are Crazy
    • Youtube
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2018, 09:09:03 pm »
Well, I am off to Shanghai tomorrow, for a quick whirlwind rendezvous with my sweet Lihong. Let's hope my cell phone works this time, so I can have some mobile google translate. See you all when I return.

Gus
Try this app,  Hostel world. they are a hotel booking company but they have the greatest translation app I have ever found.  Once it is on your phone click  the icon that looks like  lips. Choose the languages to-from. then tap the mike and speak. You will be surprised.
Don’t give up when you still have something to give. Nothing is really over until the moment you stop trying.
https://chinaandfriends.shutterfly.com/pictures
http://www.youtube.com/user/gerrypineau/videos
http://youtu.be/zG4eoONlutE

Offline Gus

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2018, 04:12:25 pm »
Wow, thanks!

Offline Gus

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2018, 05:48:19 pm »
OK, My payment has been accepted by NVC CEAC... Now on to submitting my forms and waiting for Li Hong's interview in Guangzhou. Any guesses on the interview wait time, from you experienced members? Any advice on what to do when the interview is complete and we fly back to the USA? How long should I allow for customs in our first USA airport for Li Hong, with a new visa and first time entry etc.

I am so tired of the typical military style game of Hurry up and wait... LOL

Gus

Offline Robertt S

• Georgia***Shandong
  • Administrator
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2018, 10:05:15 pm »
OK, My payment has been accepted by NVC CEAC... Now on to submitting my forms and waiting for Li Hong's interview in Guangzhou. Any guesses on the interview wait time, from you experienced members? Any advice on what to do when the interview is complete and we fly back to the USA? How long should I allow for customs in our first USA airport for Li Hong, with a new visa and first time entry etc.

I am so tired of the typical military style game of Hurry up and wait... LOL

Gus
If you file all your forms electronically then your interview date will be set by NVC, which is usually the fastest way to get an interview. The other option is attempting to stay awake at night waiting for an opening to be posted on the CGI interview schedule (which usually fills up quickly as soon as the month's open dates are posted)P.S. These opening are posted China time resulting in many late nights waiting for any available interview slots. As far as time to clear customs I would allow at least 4 hours to clear customs and make any connecting flights. I would rather have to find ways to kill time waiting on a plane than miss my flight due to a long customs line or airport interview. Yes, she has a visa but the customs officer can still conduct an impromptu interview stateside if they desire. Better to have plenty of time just in case so she doesn't get nervous about missing a connecting flight and blow her customs interview because they can deny her admittance to the USA and turn her around.

"NVC schedules appointments one month in advance. The U.S. Embassy tells us what dates they are holding interviews, and NVC fills these appointments with cases in the order they become documentarily qualified. Most appointments are set within three months of NVC notifying you that you are documentarily qualified. However, we cannot guarantee or predict when you will receive an appointment. Keep in mind that if you are applying in a numerically limited (preference) visa category, before you can receive an appointment your priority date must also be “current.”  This can delay receipt of an appointment.  You can track your priority date using the online Visa Bulletin."

Robertt
« Last Edit: June 18, 2018, 10:24:47 pm by Robertt S »

Offline Gus

« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2018, 03:16:17 pm »
Thanks Robertt,

Yes ALL forms have to be filed electronically (or at least that is the way I read the site directions). I agree about rather killing time in an airport, than missing flights completely. I appreciate the thoughts about connecting flights. I know, this is just another step in the long USCIS/NVC process, but I am happy it feels as if I can finally see a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel. From what I can gather on different sites about Guangzhou consulate, it seems to be taking about 6-8 weeks from NVC filing.

Any advice from you members AND / OR wives about making the transition from life in Liuzhou smoother upon her arrival, to the early days/weeks/months of life in the USA?

You guys have been such a nice help. Thank you for everything.

Gus

Offline maxx

« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2018, 02:45:29 am »
Good Luck Gus.Just remember take it one day at a time,

Offline Gus

« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2018, 10:55:40 am »
One day at a time is all we can ever do. Thanks Maxx  :)