Expats in Asia > Ring of Fire

China has lost its luster

<< < (2/3) > >>

Mark:

--- Quote ---hey Willy, Trump tried his reality TV play as best he could.. Trump meeting was 'a stunt,' says bereaved parents' spokesman https://edition.cnn.com/2019/10/16/politics/harry-dunn-family-white-house-meeting-trump-intl-gbr/index.html

--- End quote ---

Hey John, I noticed it in another post that you submitted.

It’s funny, people will tell you everything you need to know about themselves, all you have to do is listen.

Mark

shaun:
Mark,  I unblocked for a few to see what the site asshole was busting your chops about.  Just keep in mind he thinks he knows everything and everyone else is an idiot that he does not agree with. Like I said the site asshole.  He a large part of what is wrong with America right now.  Back to blocking again.

He is also the site bully.  He wouldn't dare attack the owner of this site for his conservative views.  You or me is another story.  We can't ban him.

JohnB:

here I am in Asia, retired.. enjoying the good life. a few weeks ago, we were in
Bangkok, in early December, we visit Seoul, now my butt sits on Qingdao. I will
say McDonald's has a very cheap but excellent coffee in China. I am surprised!
the Tsingtao Beer is excellent... much better than the BudLite in the States.
then again, choices are good. go here. go there. do this. do that. this is freedom 
without a guilty conscience.. as in freedom earned.

wow, I'm here doing my morning thing.. news & all. and..
Shaun, you took me deep.. my feelings are shit. I will never be the same. it is if you
pissed on my doorstep in the middle of the night, and left me wondering who was
this jerk, only to find out my next door neighbor, my dear friend.. it was he who
pissed on my doorstep, on the dark side of that night.
my recovery may take a long time. maybe you can help me out here. I'll resign my
stewardship as mod on "the Campfire". as you can see, it is the most interesting, and
by far, the most prolific thread on our beloved site. & the best thread, the funny thead,
"JUST FOR A LAUGH" is there too.
long ago, Robert approached a few of us to help him, including me. Robert & I have a
very cordial relationship. I think he works very hard in getting the subscribers here to
post something/ anything to maintain/improve the life of the site. as in, make it interesting.
make somethiing happen.
I find you to be a funny guy. I nominate you to be my replacement. you can be the life
of the party. maybe you can instill some of your humor on us.

fyi: Mark is fine. his postings are great. rather lengthly, but what he said is from his heart.
he comes across as not embittered whatsoever about anything/ anyone. he does well. I
think he is a sweetheart of a guy. he's nice!

all is good, all is ε“ˆε“ˆε“ˆ

Rhonald:
I haven't been back to China since 2014. My wife was there this summer for a week, taking a crash 3 day course in new acupuncture techniques. My step-son returned after spending 1/2 a year there. Both find Shenzhen to have become quite expensive now to live.

Apparently she has already planned on my retirement, stating that once retired, I can manage her one shop (Pedicure, massage, acupuncture, herbal remedies, cupping, moxibustion), while she starts on a new shop location. Already, I am learning how to build a website for the shop since being told we should spend about $3000 Canadian to do a decent job. This has resulted in me learning Google business site creation - gotta save those dollars!

So for me the loss of China luster has another dimension, meaning any new grand idea my wife has for business, means extra work for me. Hopefully one of her grand ideas will bear fruit. There is no doubt she is hard working, and always looking to improve her fortunes as she still takes extra courses through school while still working, but I always figured with aging there would be a gradual slow down - heck I enjoy naps. 

Willy The Londoner:

--- Quote from: Rhonald on November 07, 2019, 04:01:48 pm ---

Apparently she has already planned on my retirement, stating that once retired, I can manage her one shop (Pedicure, massage, acupuncture, herbal remedies, cupping, moxibustion),

--- End quote ---

I have had massage, acupuncture, moxibustion and probably cupping as well as herbal remedies and I am still here.  ;D ;D ;D 

Never had a pedicure though.

Willy

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version