All About China > Your trip to China

renew passport but my chinese visa wasn't it....

(1/2) > >>

LP:
Have anyone everyone renew their passport and Chinese visa was not in it when you  got it back? I have a ten year visa, it wasn't exposed t o expire until 2025.... :-[ :-[ :-[

Robertt S:
Carry your old passport with 10 year visa with you also. The visa is not transferred to a new passport.

Regards

--- Quote ---The Chinese government has announced that they will allow U.S. citizens to carry their old expired or canceled passport with a valid Chinese visa along with their new valid passport as long as the vital personal data remains the same between the two passports. When renewing a U.S. passport your passport number, date of issue, and date of expiration do change whereas your name, sex, and date of birth would typically remain the same.  If any changes have been made to your personal data for any reason, e.g., change of name due to marriage, you will not be able to use the valid visa in the cancelled or expired passport rather you must reapply for a new Chinese visa in the currently valid passport and Traveldocs can assist you in this process.   Carrying two passports while you travel is not for you...?  You can also apply for a new visa to be issued and stamped into your new valid passport; however, the Chinese Government does not transfer the valid visa from the old passport to the new so you would receive a completely new visa. The old passport and visa must also be presented at the  time of application so the original visa can be officially canceled.
--- End quote ---
https://www.traveldocs.com/blog/Valid-10-Year-Chinese-Visa-in-Expired-U.S.-Passport-blogpost91

Willy The Londoner:
I renewed my Passport with the British Embassy in China by courier.  Of course my current Residents Permit was not shown in it.

They also returned my expired one with the permit in it.

Since then my Residents Permit had to be renewed and that was carried out with no problem by my wife and I did no even have to attend the PSB for that to happen.

Willy

LP:
Thank guys! I hadn't been on this website for a long time but I knew someone here would have the answer I needed. By the way  Dec, 2018. Sent petition to USCIS but they sent it back saying that one of the form is out dated. They cashed the Money order
March 20 2019. Received receipt confirmation letter from USCIS.(I-797 notice of action)
March 20, 2020 Your Case Status: Initial Review Approval ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

LP:
Ha!Robert is the marriage certificate the same as the red cheese book?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version