General Discussion and Useful Links > Ask An Experienced Member

Sad day yesterday

(1/2) > >>

Willy The Londoner:
Yesterday was a sad day. My father in law passed away at the age of 97.

He had been ill two weeks ago with a chest infection and last week his four surviving daughters gathered around his bed having travelled great distances to be there.

Last weekend he appeared to rally around and so the three daughters who travelled returned to their homes only to be told yesterday afternoon that he relapsed and only had a matter of a couple of hours left.

Of course with having to travel around 10 – 12 hours to get to his side they would never get there in time.  But thanks to modern technology all four were able to be ''with him'' to the end.

One sister set up a Wechat group session and his last two hours were broadcast so the other three could ''with him'' until the end when he peaceably passed away.

I will miss him as much as his daughters.

Willy

shaun:
Willy,

Xinjiao and I are truly sorry to hear this news and will pray for the family during this time of sorrow.

Shaun

Pineau:
So sorry for you wife an he sisters. At 97 he must have live a very interesting a productive life.

Willy The Londoner:
It never rains but it pours goes the saying.

On the way home from Hunan after my father in laws funeral,  our daughters husband was taken ill and has ended up in hospital in Guangzhou.  He is still there 24 hours later and we are still trying to find out what is wrong with him.  His wife stayed with him and my wife brought home their 4 year old son and younger daughter.

Willy

Willy The Londoner:
Today is an even sadder day. Our son in law passed away. He had a ruptured blood vessel in the brain.

32 years old. Leaving a wife and two kids  under 4.

How do you tell a 3 year old that he is never going to see his Dad again?

Willy

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version