Author Topic: Cheap Flights  (Read 15813 times)

Offline Sylvain D

• oO0° SLY °0Oo
RE: Cheap Flights
« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2009, 06:55:31 am »
Another good link, useful for domestic flights in china :

www.ctrip.com
« Last Edit: July 20, 2009, 06:55:44 am by Sylvain D »
- Let's Rock -

Offline daghoi

« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2009, 05:32:50 am »
Do not forget to check directly on the airlines website. There we often find promotions that are really good value. Off course you have to book in advance, stay over the weekend etc The charges are usually not unfair. In may I found a fair deal for Beijing in August, just above Euro 500,- (Oslo-Helsinki-Beijing, and back home :icon_biggrin:. Finnair do a few Asian destinations, so it might be worth have a look and see if they have something when you are due to travel
Book in advance and shop around is the thing to do, when you are looking for them affordable tickets. When you find a good deal, take it, it might not be there tomorrow.

Offline wilsbrough

• Li
« Reply #32 on: July 22, 2009, 05:33:54 pm »
For any Brits out there i found going direct onto the Air China website good, i got a direct flight from Heathrow to Beijing for £380 all in (taxes, no hidden charges) I flew in June and booked my ticket just two months before my departure date. Also i was allowed a maximum weight for my luggage was 30kg, which gives you plenty to bring all those holiday souvenirs back with you.
Every now and then i get a little bit nervous at the death of all the years have gone by....!

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2009, 04:36:49 am »
Going back to UK for week on Monday. Booked my return flight one week later by Qatar.  Heathrow to Hiong Kong just £322.oo plus £25 booking fee.

Means taken 24 hours to get there and will change planes ion somew arab country where I will probably shovel a load of Camel S--t!!.  But thats cheapflights.

Anyone flown Qatar?

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

David5o

« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2009, 05:17:17 am »
Willy,

Qatar airlines is a top notch ariline, one of only a handful of 5 star airlines, you won't be disapointed believe me. Lucy is flying with them back to China next week. I think you'll also be surprised at the airports in the Gulf region too, i can assure you there not tin sheds anymore haha!! Also some of the cheapest Duty Free to be found. ... Not that will interest you comming from China. ....haha!!  I guess it's just the time thing that's a problem. If you have a long stop over, see if you can go outside. Well worth a look round, and you'll find that English is spoken quite freely in the Gulf.....

Oh, I think we paid 287 sterling for her ticket LHR to HK, and no booking fee, .... but i'll check that with Lucy when she get's home later....

David......
« Last Edit: July 31, 2009, 07:36:59 am by David5o »

Offline Agarn

« Reply #35 on: July 31, 2009, 07:32:00 am »
Hey Willy

Looks like you will travel via Doha, a spotlessly  clean airport, no camel shit anywhere, haha

Qatar airways is am excellent service and is generally the cheapest at any given time, the down side is obvious, not direct but you seem to have plenty of time on yours hands these days, luccy bugger!

Agarn

Offline Danny

« Reply #36 on: July 31, 2009, 09:09:06 am »
Quote from: 'China Shark' pid='8370' dateline='1247483486'

Jimmy, be careful with prices that look too low.

Yes I agree with this. What I usually do is get the lowest possible price I can find on the internet. Then I print it off and take it to one of the big travel agent chains (eg Flight Centre, here in Australia). They almost always can match the best price I can find on the internet. This way you get the best of both worlds.

• Board Moderator
« Reply #37 on: July 31, 2009, 10:50:47 am »
Quote from: 'David5o' pid='10402' dateline='1249031837'

Willy,

Qatar airlines is a top notch ariline, one of only a handful of 5 star airlines, you won't be disapointed believe me. Lucy is flying with them back to China next week. I think you'll also be surprised at the airports in the Gulf region too, i can assure you there not tin sheds anymore haha!! Also some of the cheapest Duty Free to be found. ... Not that will interest you comming from China. ....haha!!  I guess it's just the time thing that's a problem. If you have a long stop over, see if you can go outside. Well worth a look round, and you'll find that English is spoken quite freely in the Gulf.....

Oh, I think we paid 287 sterling for her ticket LHR to HK, and no booking fee, .... but i'll check that with Lucy when she get's home later....

David......

Hi David, This was the only way back at short notice.   What day is Lucy flying back to China.  

I would like to meet up with the better half of a great duo. haha

If I use their return ticket it goes Hong kong - Goungzhou - Daha - London but may be I will not us it.  Saw you know who yesterday and gave her Andy's best wishes

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

David5o

« Reply #38 on: July 31, 2009, 05:42:23 pm »
Willy,

Yes i was right no booking fee, just  a 10 euro ticket fee (pick-up at the airport fee)

I think your going to miss out on Meeting Lucy, she travels to London Monday night, and Flies on to Hong Kong via Doha on the 4th (Tues)  Staying over at Hong Kong for a couple of days, before traveling on to Beijing. She's in China for 15 days, for business and for visiting the family. She'll also be staying in UK for 3 days on her return trip, with my Son. I might try and get back to the UK around that time, maybe for a week or so, ...so we can fly back together...

She's no stranger to traveling, she used to work as a business translator/negotiator for a hedge-fund company in China
Her English is better than mine or yours!! ...haha!! In fact virtually her whole family speak English fluently!!
And your worried about having 2 sets of parents to meet, .....Try having the 3rd degree by Dad, in perfect English, without your lady present!! At least you'll have your lady with you, translating things between you....smoothing any difficult things that might be brought up. ...haha!!  I copped the lot on my own  haha!!

Maybe, we can all meet up early in the new year, when were both back in China for around 3 weeks for some sort of marriage celebration ceremony. haven't quite got to the bottom of that one yet.  haha!! I'm sure we can arrange something between now an then....

David.....

• Board Moderator
« Reply #39 on: July 31, 2009, 07:52:16 pm »
Quote from: 'David5o' pid='10456' dateline='1249076543'

Willy,

Yes i was right no booking fee, just  a 10 euro ticket fee (pick-up at the airport fee)

I think your going to miss out on Meeting Lucy, she travels to London Monday night, and Flies on to Hong Kong via Doha on the 4th (Tues)  Staying over at Hong Kong for a couple of days, before traveling on to Beijing. She's in China for 15 days, for business and for visiting the family. She'll also be staying in UK for 3 days on her return trip, with my Son. I might try and get back to the UK around that time, maybe for a week or so, ...so we can fly back together...

She's no stranger to traveling, she used to work as a business translator/negotiator for a hedge-fund company in China
Her English is better than mine or yours!! ...haha!! In fact virtually her whole family speak English fluently!!
And your worried about having 2 sets of parents to meet, .....Try having the 3rd degree by Dad, in perfect English, without your lady present!! At least you'll have your lady with you, translating things between you....smoothing any difficult things that might be brought up. ...haha!!  I copped the lot on my own  haha!!

Maybe, we can all meet up early in the new year, when were both back in China for around 3 weeks for some sort of marriage celebration ceremony. haven't quite got to the bottom of that one yet.  haha!! I'm sure we can arrange something between now an then....

David.....

I look forward to it.  Sometime in the New Year we may move to Guangzhou. That is is under consideration.  (I can go and annoy Ted and Sisi there.)

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
  • Moderators
« Reply #40 on: July 31, 2009, 11:39:47 pm »
I went to our Chinatown in Calgary today, I checked out a Chinese travel agency...boy I wish I checked this sooner. For a trip to Hong Kong in October I will pay just over $700 Cdn. If I had booked last week I would have saved an extra $100. The place I used last time is charging $950 Cdn. and both agencies use the same airline (United) and route (via San Fran). Maybe any of you guys with a reasonable sized chinatown in your city, should check if there is a Chinese Travel agency and compare prices.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2009, 11:40:54 pm by Rhonald »
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances

Offline China Shark

« Reply #41 on: August 01, 2009, 05:03:53 am »
Finally, someone is checking out the Chinatowns. Told you guys it's the cheapest tickets out there.
China Shark Mike
Living life the way it should be. Following the path less traveled!!!!!!!!!

Benny 888

« Reply #42 on: August 01, 2009, 06:39:31 am »
OK guys, I will give you a good starting point for searching the best price for air tickets. As I said, it's just a starting point, sometimes there are even better deals available. This guys don't sell tickets and I'm not working for them:
http://matrix.itasoftware.com/cvg/dispatch/login
You can easily log in as guest.
Quoting China Shark, be always careful with very low prices found in wild.
Cheers.

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
  • Moderators
« Reply #43 on: August 01, 2009, 10:49:29 am »
Quote from: 'China Shark' pid='10527' dateline='1249117433'

Finally, someone is checking out the Chinatowns. Told you guys it's the cheapest tickets out there.
China Shark Mike

Yes Mike - but you are living in the biggest Chinatown compared to us :icon_cheesygrin:
and sorry - I should have taken your advise sooner. TTFN and keep swimming
« Last Edit: August 01, 2009, 10:50:42 am by Rhonald »
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances

Offline maxx

« Reply #44 on: August 02, 2009, 04:03:08 pm »
Sorry guys I fixed the thread.So everybody that commented on the music thing got deleted.Conntinue with the airplane tickets.