Author Topic: Cheap Flights  (Read 15865 times)

ttwjr32

RE: Cheap Flights
« Reply #90 on: February 07, 2010, 12:56:45 pm »
yes i forgot that  the new year does have many chinese returning home
im just used to the travelling within china

David5o

« Reply #91 on: February 19, 2010, 07:54:03 am »
For anyone in the UK that's thinking of, or planning a trip to China either to Shanghai or via Shanghai, i just recieved an email regarding cheap airfare to Shanghia....

Depart from...Now to 15th March

London LGW - Shanghia (SHA)

295 GBP Rtn... inc taxes

Affordableflights.co.uk  ...020 8782 4482 (Phone deal only)

That's the best deal i've seen for a long time Go buy a ticket NOW!!! ..haha!!!

Also available from same company.....

Depart  from Now - 30th March

London LHR - Hong Kong HKG

319 GBP inc taxes

Affordableflights.co.uk  ...020 8782 4482 (Phone deal only)

David......

« Last Edit: February 19, 2010, 08:25:45 am by David5o »

Offline Oiler1

« Reply #92 on: February 22, 2010, 12:43:30 am »
From a Canadian perspective, anytime I can go overseas for under $1000 CAD, I jump at the chance. I always avoid going during the major holidays and during the hot summer months.

I booked my flight back in November to go next week at a good price. I would have liked to book closer to the time I am going but I knew the price would be higher.

I couldn't get flights out of Vancouver in March as the Olympic crowd would be leaving Vancouver at that time.

The UK deal for 319 sterling is great! Most deals have a lot of restrictions though. For example if I cancel it costs $250 and if I change a date it is $150.

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #93 on: February 22, 2010, 09:44:42 pm »
London to Hong Kong return on Qatar is 350.oo GB Pounds return at the moment.

I have tried to book with affordable flights previous but they never seem to have the prices advertised available. There is always add ons.

Willy
« Last Edit: February 22, 2010, 09:46:02 pm by Willy The Londoner »
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline Bee964

• Found someone!
  • Dave & YanLing
« Reply #94 on: March 03, 2010, 09:50:30 pm »
Brought in all my prices to a travel agent friend of mine to see if she could get me a better deal. My flight price that I got was $1254 US. $1294 CDN. She got it for me $1361 CDN but with all the insurance included ($110 CDN value) cancellation, baggage, missed flight... She could not book my hotel. I had to book it myself. I have been told several times, bring in the best deal you can find on the web and they can usually beat it. She saved me about $50 and I gave her some business. I think that was a fair trade.

My ex and I knew her when we were in high school. I have not seen her since before my ex and I had split so when I told her the trip was for meeting another woman her reaction was priceless!

Dave C
« Last Edit: March 03, 2010, 09:54:56 pm by Bee964 »
Life is like a jar of Jalapenos-- What you eat today will burn your ass tomorrow!.

shaun

« Reply #95 on: March 03, 2010, 10:19:56 pm »
Quote from: 'ttwjr32' pid='30659' dateline='1265558292'

did you book yet Shaun?

Ted, just saw this post.  I think you already know but just in case yes I am booked on Air Canada for March 31st.  Got at great price from Atlanta, just a little under $760.00.  I've been afraid to look ever since thinking there might be a lower price.  --Shaun

David5o

« Reply #96 on: March 04, 2010, 09:13:21 am »
Bee964,

In Europe now, they are not allowed to quote the base airline flight cost, they have to quote you the true cost of the flight that includes taxes, and all the other stuff!!
All i can say about these prices you quoted, is that you are certainly paying a ''Premium Price'' for your flights from Canada. Insurance, ....9 times out of 10, it's best to again hunt the internet. Personally, i've never purchased flight insurance, and never needed or wished i had in the 30 odd years i've been flying the world. Having said that, i quite understand this is a personal preference thing. All i've ever purchased, and then depending on where i was flying too, is medical insurance....

I'm pretty sure you could have found a cheaper air ticket, those prices don't only sound excessive, they ARE excessive!!!!

-----------------------------------------

Oooops!! ...just remembered your off to Singapore and not China ...haha!!   But that still seems a hell of a fare your paying, but not as much as i thought before, when it was China i thought you were going too....

David.....
« Last Edit: March 04, 2010, 11:17:53 am by David5o »

ttwjr32

« Reply #97 on: March 04, 2010, 06:11:18 pm »
Shaun,

they are down to 99.99 round trip

lol just joking looking forward to seeing the both
of you if you can make it to GZ. or maybe Sisi and
i could come to shenzhen for a day she is off work on
sat and sun

Ted

shaun

« Reply #98 on: March 04, 2010, 06:39:58 pm »
Ted,
$99.99 :icon_eek: Really I new you were joking, I just like using the eek smiley face. :icon_cheesygrin:

I have mentioned stopping in Guangzhou to Peggy a few times and she has said yes.  I am hoping to firm up some dates after we speak about her trip to Shaoguan.  That should be in about an hour and a half.  She wants to talk about visa to US, visa to Hong Kong, and several other things.

Getting close man.  27 days.

ttwjr32

« Reply #99 on: March 04, 2010, 07:06:15 pm »
When the two of you come to GZ i can take you to the consulate
here and we could get everything you need to get her visa done
straight from the horses mouth.

my charge for services   many many many bags of jack link jerky or pemmican  just reg and pepper
hahahahahaha  just kidding

shaun

« Reply #100 on: March 04, 2010, 07:56:31 pm »
Ted, Your request is on my to do list.  The consulate is on my list of things to do also.  Your help would be greatly appreciated.

I am told it would be good to meet the consulate general.

Apparently when Peggy's sister had her interview there was a small problem and the consulate general remembered meeting the sister and her American husband.  He told the person doing the interview to pass her and be done with it.  (Hmmm......)

David5o

« Reply #101 on: March 04, 2010, 08:11:15 pm »
Shaun,

Yep, ..that about sums up the immigration system, not just of your country, but all the others too!!!
hahaha!!

David....

Offline mustfocus

« Reply #102 on: March 04, 2010, 08:19:25 pm »
Quote from: 'David5o' pid='33149' dateline='1267712001'

Bee964,

In Europe now, they are not allowed to quote the base airline flight cost, they have to quote you the true cost of the flight that includes taxes, and all the other stuff!!
All i can say about these prices you quoted, is that you are certainly paying a ''Premium Price'' for your flights from Canada. Insurance, ....9 times out of 10, it's best to again hunt the internet. Personally, i've never purchased flight insurance, and never needed or wished i had in the 30 odd years i've been flying the world. Having said that, i quite understand this is a personal preference thing. All i've ever purchased, and then depending on where i was flying too, is medical insurance....

I'm pretty sure you could have found a cheaper air ticket, those prices don't only sound excessive, they ARE excessive!!!!

-----------------------------------------

Oooops!! ...just remembered your off to Singapore and not China ...haha!!   But that still seems a hell of a fare your paying, but not as much as i thought before, when it was China i thought you were going too....

David.....

David,

Bee found some good prices actually for Singapore.  Normally you can find something for 16-1700.  The cheapest I have ever found has been $1400CDN...and those went impossibly fast.  I'm not sure what airport taxes are like in Europe, but over here, they are excessive.  Airport taxes most likely compose a third of that ticket.  Toronto being one of the most expensive (and poorly run) airports in the world...  Now if we had some real businessmen (who are also not liberal leaning) to run the place, we'd probably be able to cut the airport tax in half.  And do a better job.
梦醒时分 - Meng Xing Shi Fen

David5o

« Reply #103 on: March 04, 2010, 08:27:30 pm »
must focus,

WOW!!  That's really expensive 1700 dollars, you can fly business class rtn from UK to HK
Yes it's the same in Europe as far as taxes are conserned, when i checked one time, a little while ago, the taxes etc was actually MORE than the airfare!!! Somethings just gotta be wrong somewhere!!

David..

ttwjr32

« Reply #104 on: March 05, 2010, 02:47:15 am »
Shaun,
there has been a new consulate general in place now so it might not
be the same one but if it is thats great. he is at shiaman island most
of the time were the USA embassy people stay at offices. the consulate
is on the other side of town

Ted