Author Topic: What to expect after marriage  (Read 12494 times)

Offline Ed W

RE: What to expect after marriage
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2009, 11:06:20 pm »
that's awsome Michael. It's so much like when we were living out of her dorm. It was soooo much, all that. I couldnt scratch too long in one spot or she thought i was hurting myself. hehe. She is certainly the protector! If you have an itch that feels to good to scratch and she tries to stop you, have some fun and turn it into a wrestling match that turns intimiate. (wink). Gotta admit.... that's soooo fun.

I woulda loved to see the walmart deal. that must have been histerical. I suspect how she deals with finances has much to do with her financial goals. Typically I'd think most will save, budget and save some more. hehe. Gotta love a fiscally responsable mate.
Alright earthlings, what form do you want me to take?....How about a taco, ....that craps icecream?  My trip to china

Arnold

« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2009, 12:39:45 am »
Thanks Michael :-/
I guess I know of what's is coming my way ... Now !  I was sooo worried about her adjusting here , I forgot to see ... all the adjusting I need to do :huh:
But as long it is done in the name of :heart: for each other , our Love will only grow more as we grow old together .

Offline Ed W

« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2009, 01:08:12 am »
Quote from: 'Arnold' pid='7052' dateline='1246423185'

Thanks Michael :-/But as long it is done in the name of :heart: for each other , our Love will only grow more as we grow old together .

That's how im looking at it. It's all good as long as we continue  to show them WHY we wanted them in the first place.
Alright earthlings, what form do you want me to take?....How about a taco, ....that craps icecream?  My trip to china

Offline MLM

• Zhou Li Weng Maines
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2009, 02:03:08 pm »
Arnold, also don't forget she will want and need to be around other Chinese people, don't isolate her, it will kill her spirit very fast.

Ed, you would have died laughing at walmart, him telling her that the price marked is the price she had to pay and her telling him that the object was made in China and she is Chinese and knows how much it coast to make and that price marked is to much and she should only be paying this much, I was laughing until he said okay, then my chin hurt from hitting the floor and the next thing I know I hear " sum bit*ch " from a guy standing there listening to her.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2009, 02:04:27 pm by MLM »
TIME IS THE TELLER OF ALL TRUTHS AND THE HEALER OF ALL HURTS

Offline JimB

• http://www.jandyenterprises.com
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2009, 03:20:10 pm »
Michael, I would have loved to seen that.  This is very very informative, maybe I want to wait. lol
Maxx's 24 hour rule, learn it, live it.

Offline MLM

• Zhou Li Weng Maines
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2009, 08:14:26 pm »
JimB, don't wait, jump right in, the waters fine and a lot of learning, not to mention, FUN.

Offline JimB

• http://www.jandyenterprises.com
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2009, 08:59:16 pm »
Just a total of 50 more days being single.  Every time i talk to her I know I want to be with her.  She becomes more beautiful every day.  She says her friends all say the same thing.  Because she is in love she gets more beautiful.  Of course i am a little hesitant.  This is  not just a big step to get married but to get married to someone from a totally different culture and background.  Of course that is part of the attraction. She at 41 is part of the "older " generation and holds to all of the traditional values.  That is one of the things I love about her.  She wants my opinion about everything she does.  I dont want that to change.  i dont want her to be a total wimp and I do not think she will be.  But, I want the traditional Chinese values.  That is why I went there in the first place.  I do not want that to change.   I understand about the house.  I agree with that.  She can have it.  That is her domain.  This woman has told me and really means it I think.  That when she gets here she will work, I can be retired.  She will come home and fix our dinner then i will perform my "husbandly duties".  She will be happy with that.  Guys how many of us have dreamed about that.  She has told me that in no uncertain terms.  No laughing , no joking she means it.  At least I think she does.  At least i hope she does.  She is a Surgical Physicians Assistant.  (She is the one who hands the Dr. his instruments during surgery)  Here she can make at least a 6 figure salary.  Especially here in the Southeast where there are a lot of shortages of them.  I guess i will have to live it to see.
Maxx's 24 hour rule, learn it, live it.

Offline MLM

• Zhou Li Weng Maines
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2009, 09:38:45 pm »
JimB, my Lao Po is 43 years old so I know what you are saying, and brother, you better belive what she is saying is what she means, she will prolly have to pass a few tests in order to continue with her career, and Zhou has been here for a little over 5 years and has not changed her values, yes she has adjusted to the States but did not compromise hervalues, its wonderful, good luck brother and enjoy what she wants to give :icon_biggrin:

Arnold

« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2009, 12:18:19 am »
Quote from: 'Michael L. Maines' pid='7080' dateline='1246471388'

Arnold, also don't forget she will want and need to be around other Chinese people, don't isolate her, it will kill her spirit very fast.

Thanks Michael , I remember what it's like to come to a new Country . I have done it when I was 16 , to come to New York on my own . But I did have an Aunt , who spoke German .. so not too bad . So Qing knows English pretty well , and I have many places with Chinese People around and very nice Neighbor's . That will Love her like they did my late Wife . I certainly will do everything in my power to make her comfortable here . Life does not give you that many chances , to come up with a beautiful Wife like this everyday . You know , because you been living it and other's have too .

Offline MLM

• Zhou Li Weng Maines
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2009, 02:30:41 pm »
Arnold you are so right, ya know there are times when I am holding her in my arms and we are watching TV and she will fall asleep that I forget to watch the show because I am so into watching her sleep and wondering Why did the Almighty show her to me and then let us be as one, she is the most single important person in my life, before I met Zhou I used to take chances at work that I would never even consider doing now.
I think its plain to see I love her and am in love with her, and I hope you will all feel this same feeling with and for your ladies soon.

Offline Carl

« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2009, 12:22:13 am »
Michael, I think you have hit upon the very essence of why we seek a mate in these lovely ladies... so that we can be amazed that we have ever found someone so wonderful and beautiful to to love, and to love us.  Some day, I hope to join that legion of men.

Arnold

« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2009, 12:25:15 am »
Sharing " TRUE LOVE " , there is nothing on this Earth that can come even close to it . It really makes you want to LIVE for only this ONE Person , that Loves you back equally . Believe me , there are many day's I ask myself , WHY did I deserve that ? It does make you feel special for sure .

Offline MLM

• Zhou Li Weng Maines
« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2009, 06:14:27 pm »
Mike, your right, He gives and He can take it all away, by the way how ya doing, haven't heard from you in a few days.

Offline MLM

• Zhou Li Weng Maines
« Reply #28 on: July 05, 2009, 10:07:11 pm »
Mike, I am sorry to hear about the job thing and I wish you well in the hunt for a new one, I hope your parents were as easy to tell as mine were, my Mom is 75 years old and belives that if a country is communist country then it is all bad, even the people Haha, She decided differantly after she seen and talked with Zhou, especially after Zhou and I went over to Moms house and Zhou performed a tea ceramony in honor of her Mom was very pleased ( after I explained what it meant ) :icon_biggrin:
I am also happy to hear that they will welcome your lady into the family.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2009, 10:08:02 pm by MLM »

Arnold

« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2009, 02:14:35 am »
Mike also glad to hear that it went well with your Folks , learning of your Plans for the Future .
Hope you will have success soon finding another Job , that you really like . I will have you in my Prayer's .