Author Topic: Blue roses?  (Read 5060 times)

Offline Irishman

• Muireadach and Sunny
    • http://www.chinaromance.net
RE: Blue roses?
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2009, 07:06:20 am »
She just received the flowers and to say the least i am in the good books haha! She can't wait to get home to chat to me on the webcam, never ever can go wrong with flowers and a lady :D
Become the change you want today, or all your tomorrows will be like yesterday.

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2009, 07:16:55 am »
So true Irish........What a great feeling both having given them to the lady and seeing her pleasure at receiving them....

Arnold

« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2009, 09:48:50 am »
Quote from: 'Irishman' pid='6515' dateline='1245927980'

She just received the flowers and to say the least i am in the good books haha! She can't wait to get home to chat to me on the webcam, never ever can go wrong with flowers and a lady :D

Wonderful Irish ... Lady's love them ... no matter what the Color ( except white ones ) . I was shocked as you when I saw them first :-/

Offline Irishman

• Muireadach and Sunny
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2009, 03:37:45 pm »
Quote from: 'Arnold' pid='6523' dateline='1245937730'

Wonderful Irish ... Lady's love them ... no matter what the Color ( except white ones ) . I was shocked as you when I saw them first :-/

We had three hours chat on msn tonight, I'm so happy!!, apparently these blue flowers are called "Lan Se Yao Ji"..i cant find this term at all on google.
It seems to translate as "i like you western boy, you are handsome , smart and are good husband material overall!!"  haha!, at least that's how i figure it out :)

I like this girl so much, cannot wait to be there with her.

Vince G

« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2009, 04:11:59 pm »
Lan Se Yao Ji

Lan Se - Blue

Yao Ji - medicine OR to waylay / to ambush

Medicine? Maybe meaning a pick me up to feel better?

Offline MLM

• Zhou Li Weng Maines
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2009, 04:49:00 pm »
Mike MPO, white is for death and funerals in most of  China
TIME IS THE TELLER OF ALL TRUTHS AND THE HEALER OF ALL HURTS

Offline Skip

• Foreign Explorer
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2009, 11:21:55 pm »
This is the promo on the "Gifts and flowers page at CHL:  

You might have heard that blue roses traditionally signify mystery or attaining the impossible. In Chinese folklore, the blue rose signifies hope against unattainable love. It is never easy to have a long distance relationship. Let the blue roses encourage and bless you, and prove your love can make it possible to grasp the impossible.

That is why I chose them....although she was not keen on the why, she seemed to get off on them.  Here is a response I received from Alice after having sent her a bouquet of blue roses.  I thought it was pretty okay!icon_cool:  

Wow, so surprised to get your lovely roses this afternoon!!! So beautiful!!! Blue roses!!!!! Thank you so very much!!! Dear, how are you doing today? Thanks so much for your beautiful roses again!!! It did make my day brighter! ^_^ dear, i will put your LOVE flower in a vase and take good care of it because it is standing for your love to me~ ^_^ thank you!!!!

Love,

Alice
Skip

Offline Irishman

• Muireadach and Sunny
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2009, 07:53:09 am »
My lady seemed equally impressed Skip, the ladies sure do like the flowers :)

Offline TomFisher

« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2009, 09:08:51 pm »
The blue rose represents fantasy, impossibility, and the unattainable. The blue rose is made by placing blue dye into the bark of the roots. It also represents hoping for a miracle, new possibilities or opportunities.

Hope this helps... I think I might send wo de laopo some of these... She doesn't say it but I know the waiting for the VISA is killing her as much as me, and we just got started.  Probably cheer her up a little.

Peace,

Tom & Jailian (waiting for CR-1)

Offline Chong

« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2009, 10:59:50 pm »
Quote from: 'TomFisher' pid='7101' dateline='1246496931'

The blue rose represents fantasy, impossibility, and the unattainable.  It also represents hoping for a miracle, new possibilities or opportunities.

Mr & Mrs FISH  (o...)<

That sounds like a contradiction statement to me ... Does it depend on which flower vendor you buy from, how much $$$ you pay or whether dye or blue crayon was used ??? ................ hahahahaha :fi_lone_ranger:

All the best with your immigration process Mr & Mrs. FISH (o...)<
« Last Edit: July 01, 2009, 11:03:28 pm by Chong »

Offline Sylvain D

• oO0° SLY °0Oo
« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2009, 04:58:41 am »
And saying that I have bought and sent flowers to Ting's mother, and that the flowers I've ordered for her are ...
The blue roses....
:D
- Let's Rock -