Author Topic: How Long Must I deal with translator?  (Read 3108 times)

Offline Ed W

RE: How Long Must I deal with translator?
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2009, 12:31:53 pm »
Just fine. I know my limit before I do too much damage. LOL
Alright earthlings, what form do you want me to take?....How about a taco, ....that craps icecream?  My trip to china

Offline MLM

• Zhou Li Weng Maines
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2009, 09:10:22 am »
Hi Ed, I have to agree with you on this, they are very insecure before the wedding, but after the wedding they have no doubts or fears about losing you over small stuff.
I also have to agree with you on the butterfly and tiger description very true, this also happens when they think some one is trying to interfer or change thier family, meaning you.

Ronan, she will become better with English faster then you think but if she is like my wife and her friends here she will be upset about her accent, I think its sexy but she thinks she can study it away, and if she is teaching you Chinese then Ni tai bang le or else she will pound it in to you, don't worry, they as a whole are very persistent, you will learn :s
« Last Edit: June 28, 2009, 09:11:04 am by MLM »
TIME IS THE TELLER OF ALL TRUTHS AND THE HEALER OF ALL HURTS

Offline Hans

• Once you go Asian you never go Caucasian
    • http://motpol.blogspot.com
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2009, 02:16:57 pm »
I think we all need to be patient. But my only advice would be to follow your gut feeling.

I have corresponded with my lady for five weeks now and writing emails for about a week or so. She first said it was too complicated for her to write emails because she had no Internet access. I was very disappointed because I thought we got along so well and wanted to take "the next step". But it turned out she was just worried about her bad English. When I told her that I wanted us to correspond in Chinese, she instantly got herself an email account and started sending emails.

I agree with others here, it's great value to see that the writing in the lady's emails is familiar to what you can read in the EMF letters. There's no guarantee for anything until we have actually met IRL, but still. It feels better.

Offline Skip

• Foreign Explorer
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2009, 04:02:16 pm »
Thanks Hans,

How do you translate into your language?
Skip

Offline Irishman

• Muireadach and Sunny
    • http://www.chinaromance.net
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2009, 04:35:05 pm »
I think this is a big factor in ladies wanting to stick with emfs. They are just plain worried that their English is so bad they will turn the guy off them.
I remember one of Lings friends when we met was too shy to say anything to me because she thought her English was so bad, yet she clearly understood what i was saying. We chatted little on msn though (as friends of course, still do) where she could use an online translator
Since I came back home she met an American on chnlove and she now has progressed to having webcam chats with the guy, i can scarcely believe this is the same girl I met back in  March! Its amazing what a little self confidence will do and how rewarding it is for both to break from the translator when possible.

I thank my lucky stars Ling is putting so much effort into learning and bettering her English, I am trying, honestly trying really hard, to learn Mandarin but without a doubt its the hardest thing i ever tried to learn, i can honestly say back in school one month of German lessons I was further along than maybe 8 months of Mandarin, I'm honestly finding it that tough- and I'm trying a lot harder to learn Mandarin!! But Ling week by week improves, shes a darn sight smarter than me in the language stakes! (probably everything else too!).
Become the change you want today, or all your tomorrows will be like yesterday.

Offline Sylvain D

• oO0° SLY °0Oo
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2009, 04:55:04 pm »
My own experience with Ting just can make anybody being "prudent" with EMF's and so on...

Because Ting told me she didn't have any webcam, and finally, once I was in Chongqing, she had one, in fact.. and her EMF was like "oh dear, sorry, I have no webcam, but maybe later I will buy one,..."
I had to wait to come in China to see her for real...
Via QQ, no way.. I had one QQ's ID, but it seems it is usable by Ting and the translator. And with a misunderstanding in China with Ting, I could had get her "private" one.
Should I say again that in my personal story, I had to wait more than 6 months before seeing Ting ?
So, for sure, the translator could be very happy, by seing all the money that could be used via EMF's...
- Let's Rock -

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
  • Moderators
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2009, 04:55:18 pm »
Quote from: 'Irishman' pid='6912' dateline='1246307705'

I shes a darn sight smarter than me in the language stakes! (probably everything else too!).

You mean she is a lot smarter in finding the perfect match for her :dodgy:

I am glad your journey had a positive outcome, its tough reading a few of the latest results.
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances

Offline Irishman

• Muireadach and Sunny
« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2009, 05:04:29 pm »
Quote from: 'Rhonald' pid='6920' dateline='1246308918'

Quote from: 'Irishman' pid='6912' dateline='1246307705'

I shes a darn sight smarter than me in the language stakes! (probably everything else too!).

You mean she is a lot smarter in finding the perfect match for her :dodgy:

I am glad your journey had a positive outcome, its tough reading a few of the latest results.

Don't really get your meaning Rhonald in the first bit?

Bit yes I agree, we have had a few strike outs recently, there are no guarantees with online dating, but as you and many others have proven when it does work the rewards are fantastic.

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
  • Moderators
« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2009, 05:16:33 pm »
Sorry Irishman, its sometimes I think the women understand us better then we do ourselves. You implied that you think she is a heck of alot smarter then you, and I am just suggesting that maybe you are right and she understands what a good catch you are. I think you are a humble guy and she probably likes that quality in you. I sometimes forget that you are a tech guy and perfer to see things in a linear fashion.
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances

Offline Irishman

• Muireadach and Sunny
« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2009, 05:40:35 pm »
Quote from: 'Rhonald' pid='6925' dateline='1246310193'

Sorry Irishman, its sometimes I think the women understand us better then we do ourselves. You implied that you think she is a heck of alot smarter then you, and I am just suggesting that maybe you are right and she understands what a good catch you are. I think you are a humble guy and she probably likes that quality in you. I sometimes forget that you are a tech guy and perfer to see things in a linear fashion.

Thanks Rhonald, the linear expression is a nice turn of phrase and i guess its probably accurate when I think about it.