Author Topic: Money and Food  (Read 5653 times)

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
RE: Money and Food
« Reply #30 on: July 03, 2009, 11:35:36 am »
Be Careful who you befriend in China .  I was out shopping with Luo Li and I was standing back admiring the large fish swimming around the tank.  One caught my eye and Luo li asked which was my favourite.  I pointed out the big fellow - oops - 5 seconds later he/she was out of the tank hit onthe head had the guts ripped open and within 30 minutes was on the stove cooking very nicely.   Another short friendship gone - but was delicious.   It made me think - what if I had been admiring another women and not a fish!!! - doesn't bear thinking about.

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #31 on: July 03, 2009, 12:34:27 pm »
LMAO.......... Willy that sounds way too funny, I maybe have to put a zip on my lips and keep my hands in the pocket then...........LOL

Offline JimB

• http://www.jandyenterprises.com
« Reply #32 on: July 03, 2009, 02:05:13 pm »
The only difference was the other woman would not be on the stove cooking. LOL
Maxx's 24 hour rule, learn it, live it.

Offline victor-hills

« Reply #33 on: July 03, 2009, 03:11:47 pm »
omg willy just dont look at the woman the same lol.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2009, 03:12:47 pm by victor-hills »
Life is like an onion: You peel it off one layer at a time, and sometimes you weep.

Arnold

« Reply #34 on: July 04, 2009, 03:08:52 pm »
Like the old saying ... if looks could Kill ? Willy has that look ... obviously . Let's see some Photo's of you Willy .:s

Vince G

« Reply #35 on: July 04, 2009, 03:26:06 pm »
:s  Song had asked if we could get a Dog when she moves here? I said sure....Now i'm a little worried. :icon_biggrin:

Arnold

« Reply #36 on: July 04, 2009, 03:40:34 pm »
I see Vince , she is thinking of Home cooked meals already .:icon_cheesygrin:

Offline China Shark

« Reply #37 on: July 04, 2009, 03:50:22 pm »
Vince, been there and done the dog deal with Xiao Wen. Life is funny, never wanted the dog yet fell in love with him once we got him. She left and Jay and I lived the next 12 years as best friends, just recently passed away last year, was 14 yrs old when he left me. Still shed a tear now and then thinking about the best friend I ever had. Having a dog sometimes pulls people closer together unfortunately that wasn't the case in my marraige. Live and learn I guess.
China Shark Mike
Living life the way it should be. Following the path less traveled!!!!!!!!!

Offline Jadams79

• http://www.myspace.com/norric_mitori
« Reply #38 on: July 05, 2009, 01:54:02 am »
Damn glad I did not stare at the kittens at the pet shop very long. Imagine your girl with a butcher knife with your new found pet at home. HAHA I will have a cat, and name him Paco. >_<
Can't fix stupid.

Vince G

« Reply #39 on: July 05, 2009, 02:32:56 am »
CS Mike, that story reminded me of before I got married. Though it wasn't an animal involved. Before I married I sold my baby. My Mach I Mustang. The car I built from the ground up. Put away in the winter. All the blood, sweat and tears that went into it. Later I realized and have said since. I should have kept the car and got rid of the woman.

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #40 on: July 05, 2009, 05:16:48 am »
as af ollow up to my original piece on the poor fish.  Yesterday was my birthday and the whole family - Mother, son, sister, brotherinlaw, niece and us two were taken to one of the dozens of sea food restuarants the other side of the river from Macao.  I had been told that as it was my birthday then I would have to pay - what I did not reckon on was walking along stall after stall of various revolting looking sea creatures (and some not so bad lookin) it was my job to select what was taken back to the restuarant to be cooked for us.

Some of those lobsters, crabs and prawns tried there best to smile at me.  But my Luo li was having none of that - bag after bag was filled with more than we could eat at one sitting.

And when a birthday cake appeared at the end of the evening and everyone was sing Happy Birthday in English well it made the £40 ($60) to be money extremely well spent.

What I cannot get over is noi one wants tips - taxi drivers - waiting staff - all make sure you take your full change baCK.

I am going to like it here.

Willy the Londoner
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,