Author Topic: Easy Way to continue to get your lady money  (Read 1625 times)

Offline JimB

• http://www.jandyenterprises.com
Easy Way to continue to get your lady money
« on: April 22, 2009, 04:50:19 pm »
I did it this way.  My bank offers  free senior checking accounts.   I opened up a new account in my name.  They would not open a  joint account with her name as she does not have a social security number.  I got two debit cards.  Sent her one.  Called my bank and told them I would be traveling extensively in China and to authorize any withdrawls from that account only at this time.  When she needs money I can go online transfer money from one account into the other.  Tell her it is there, she goes to an ATM and gets the money.  Costs 1.00 per transaction, she gets a decent exchange rate and there is no minimum balance I have to keep in there.  I can control how much and when as far as the amount goes.  It is always about trust and I do trust her.  But at any time I can shut it down day or night.  The very worst thing that might happen is she can pull the money out but the most she can get at on time is $400.00  I guess iF she went in at 11:55 pm and pulled $400 then again at 12:05 am she could pull another $400.  
She can always get the money within 24 hours.  Sometimes in an hour it is there.  The only down side is that she cannot go to a store and just use it.  But with the number of ATM's in Beijing, there really is no problem with that.  This just makes it much more simpler for both of us.  Especially when she goes to rent our apt. before I get there.

Just a thought.
Maxx's 24 hour rule, learn it, live it.

Vince G

Re: Easy Way to continue to get your lady money
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2009, 05:30:03 pm »
Good idea Jim. or should I say Sarge? In the back of my mind I've been thinking of "how to" in case I feel it's needed. I have a debit card type account, not from a checking. It's like a pay as you go type. What you put in you can take out. If I had $400. in there and took it out? she can't take $400. also. There's a $2.00 deposit fee (most places) and a $1.00 fee for credit card use/$2.00 fee for debit use. I like it. No bank problems. It can be used as a credit card (in her name) or at an ATM as well. It can be used in China also. Only problem is if you need to reload it you can do it with a paypal account or in person (in US only). So if I'm in China and run out of money? there's no other way (no one else can do it for you).
Anyone interested let me know, I'll send the info from them and I get a few bucks too.  :D

Offline David

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2009, 05:56:07 pm »
Vince where did you find this account?  Also does anyone know what the main banks are in China?  They must have websites I am guessing.  Usually you can set up an account over the phone.  I did this a head of time when I moved to California.  Just be careful.  I now use Wells Fargo and they are real  :evil: when I use my ATM card overseas.  Almost everytime I use it overseas it gets declined by their fraud department and I then have to call them and jump through their hoops to get my transaction approved.  Actually I should probably find myself a new bank with the amount of overseas purchasing I do and the frustration involved in dealing with their fraud department all the time...

Big Dave

Vince G

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2009, 06:48:30 pm »
Bank of China is the main bank there. They have other banks let me see if I can find a link for some info. In the mean time anyone want info on the Card? PM me (personal message) in here under the profile photo it say PM. and leave your name & email address. I'll send the info.

Offline Ed W

RE: Easy Way to continue to get your lady money
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2009, 08:15:16 pm »
I agree with this idea. it's far easier than what I do; wire transfers to her account. I had the same experience with the ATM's and was pleased how easy it was and the exchange rate I got.
Alright earthlings, what form do you want me to take?....How about a taco, ....that craps icecream?  My trip to china

Offline Jimmy

• Soon the Family will be Complete.
  • She Was A Wonderful Wife
    • Jim N Libo
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2009, 08:53:48 pm »
PayPal Debit card has Mastercard logo you can get 2 cards from your account and it is linked to whatever bank account you desire so if you need more than your paypal balance it will go get it from the bank in a couple days but you get what you need right now. the limit on cash is only $1000 a day if you need more than that. I use mine instead of the one the bank gives me when you buy stuff you get a cash back bonus and you get it immediately. If you give one of the cards to your girl she can buy stuff with it and you get the bonus, it's not a lot but over a year it adds up to a couple hundred bucks.

I dont have a girl there I trust that much yet to let them in the bank, but I know some of you guys are married and still just waiting for all the visa crap to clear. And this was just a thought for you.
Jimmy Henson

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2009, 10:31:10 pm »
I have a Bank of China account.  Mainly because the ATM's has English translation plus there is normally someone in the bank that can speak a little English and they avoid queue jumping by having a ticket system.    I have a regular transfer made from my accounts in UK to my Zhuhai account and just use my cards now if I have extra I wish to transfer.

There are lots of different banks around but theirATM can be difficult to follow.

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,