Author Topic: New quake in China  (Read 1765 times)

Offline Neil

• happily married, working on immigration
  • Zhangping, Fujian bound.
New quake in China
« on: July 09, 2009, 06:10:31 pm »
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090709/ap_on_re_as/as_china_earthquake

I hope everyone's girls and families are unaffected and safe.
...as irresistible as chocolate

shaun

RE: New quake in China
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2009, 08:14:48 pm »
Quote from: 'Neil' pid='7851' dateline='1247177431'

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090709/ap_on_re_as/as_china_earthquake

I hope everyone's girls and families are unaffected and safe.

Wow!  Same here.  Hope everyone's OK!

Arnold

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2009, 01:45:06 am »
Thanks Neil , I had to write to my " Sister " Lily in Kunming , making sure she was okay . That is the south/western part of China . It has me worried for sure , till I receive a reply back from Her .

Arnold

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2009, 02:32:52 am »
my dear ge ge,

thank you for your care, everything here is okay, my family and your little sister is fine  so don't worry, we are okay :)

how are you recently? is swine flu affect you? i hope you are okay, i wish my ge ge everything is okay :)

take care
your mei mei Lily

Well that is a load of my Mind for sure . She is very special to me and so is her Family , after her Mom died .

Offline Sylvain D

• oO0° SLY °0Oo
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2009, 09:52:21 am »
Outch....
6/8 for that Earthquake... wat a schock...!
Well, if only one person died, it's "nice".. but hearing / reading that many houses are destroyed and many persons have to move because of it....
where would it stop?

We all know, however, that China is always exposed to Earthquakes, so are U.S.A, right?
One thing is sure: each time there's one Earthquake over there, we all are moved by it and wish there's nothing happening to one of our brother's family, or one of our suitable ladies / women.

Well...
It's always nice to hear that some chinese women write their love, just to say all's ok for them over there :)
- Let's Rock -

Vince G

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2009, 10:49:10 am »
Mike mine said almost the same thing.

The earthquake is not as serious as the one in last year! but I have to say that there are several natural disasters this year!

It's like. o'hum another earthquake...?

Offline Sylvain D

• oO0° SLY °0Oo
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2009, 11:03:46 am »
Well, we may could talk too about aircrashs... 2 french planes who crashed in less than 1 month. (AIRBUS Companies) (A330 & A310)
228 persons died in the first one (as a baby, 5 years old), and in the second one, 152 persons died, only 1 survivor, a lady, 13 years old...
How not care a bit about that when man knows he will take a plane to go far far away... hem..

EDIT / Sorry but my reply is really outside the initial thread..
hem.. :/
« Last Edit: July 13, 2009, 01:56:17 pm by Sylvain D »
- Let's Rock -

Arnold

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2009, 11:23:31 pm »
I'm no expert on Aircraft's , but the Airbus scare's me . Ever since the first one at an Airshow , ( in france I think ) countn't even get over the Tree tops . What scare's me is , it's all computerized with just knob's and instrument's . So it is pretty much flying by itself . One thing goes wrong , the Pilot is really not in control , but the Computer's . When will they realize that this Aircraft has too many problems to be really safe ? This and the DC-10 , I would never step onto these Planes . I'm not tired of living just yet .

Vince G

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2009, 11:39:53 pm »
Arnold these jets and others before it have been computerized and the pilot barely does a thing for the last 25 years. It's nothing new.