Author Topic: My story so far...To be continued...  (Read 23003 times)

Offline victor-hills

RE: My story so far...To be continued...
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2009, 11:54:16 am »
wow :blush:
Life is like an onion: You peel it off one layer at a time, and sometimes you weep.

Offline victor-hills

« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2009, 02:52:01 pm »
Heres me thinking it was rain clouds comeing from up north no its rob in a shower lol ;)
Life is like an onion: You peel it off one layer at a time, and sometimes you weep.

shaun

« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2009, 09:49:06 pm »
Why are you still in England?

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #33 on: July 16, 2009, 02:20:17 pm »
Can't afford another £300 flight mate at the moment:blush::huh:

Well went and saw about my certificate of no impediment today, God the information they need:@

Two other things happened to me today, I received the invitation letter, and Keren told me through yahoo, that she loved me...Ooo Ooo I wanna get there asap:icon_biggrin::icon_biggrin:

Offline Neil

• happily married, working on immigration
  • Zhangping, Fujian bound.
« Reply #34 on: July 16, 2009, 07:26:45 pm »
Congrats Rob on the invitation letter and the love too!  In my second webcam meeting she ended with a "Wo ai ni Neil" and I responded with "I love you too Xin"  that was an amazing moment for me.
...as irresistible as chocolate

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #35 on: July 18, 2009, 04:46:44 pm »
Neil I am so pleased about your Xin saying that, it is amazing to hear..good luck mate:icon_biggrin:

Arnold

« Reply #36 on: July 18, 2009, 09:34:16 pm »
Quote from: 'Scottish_Rob' pid='8948' dateline='1247950004'

Neil I am so pleased about your Xin saying that, it is amazing to hear..good luck mate:icon_biggrin:

Rob .... Wo ai ni my Rob .
You ask to hear it ... there it is .:icon_cheesygrin:

Offline Peter

« Reply #37 on: July 19, 2009, 08:11:31 am »
My guess Rob is that you two will do it for the first time on the airport  :icon_cheesygrin:
Better to be married to a wife from Changsha then have 7000 women in Chnlove

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #38 on: July 19, 2009, 09:50:14 am »
Thanks arnold but, does your lady know you are using another guy to show affection too :angel:...LOL

Peter, I hope so, although I really don't want any onlookers;-)):icon_cheesygrin:

Mike you are going before me, so 'remember' to pass the intel on to me!!!! I want to be prepared:angel::angel:,
So I need to take with me.... *write list down in notebook*....LOL
« Last Edit: July 19, 2009, 09:52:57 am by Scottish_Rob »

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #39 on: July 24, 2009, 07:06:38 am »
I spoke to Keren the other day and I mentioned about some of the guy's getting or have got their weddings done through Chnlove and having it filmed...  Her reply was, shall we try to do this?  Will I write to the company and ask to see how this can be done?.

I think my lady is going to be a handful, she seems really frugal, a bit too much, even for a Scotsman hehehe:angel:

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #40 on: July 27, 2009, 11:49:12 pm »
Rob

You had better believe it - these ladies are so careful with their money.  Go to a large supermarket and around the fruit & veg stall they will pick over every cherry, every tomato in fact every item they are going to purchase to ensure that it is the best.  I can afford taxi's their cheap, 10 CNY for first 3000 metres,  but with my girl, it is buses that come first.

But although they keep a watch on every penny their generosity towards a guest is unbelieveable.  

Willy

PS.  Decided to put my photo on the top of page now.   I can assure you, that in keeping with all photo's on Chnlove, it has been taken by a professional photographer and has been highly doctored to present my self as a highly desirable creature from the other side of the World.  They say photos never lie.  But we know different!!!
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Arnold

« Reply #41 on: July 28, 2009, 12:30:53 am »
Quote from: 'Willy The Londoner' pid='10086' dateline='1248752952'

But although they keep a watch on every penny their generosity towards a guest is unbelieveable.  

Willy , that is a sentence I like to see Framed . That is truly one of the first thing's I have noticed coming to China . They really treat their Guest's like King's . Makes me wonder , am I up to it to do the same for them ? I'm not sure ?

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #42 on: July 28, 2009, 03:48:23 am »
Just would like to add.  Anyone who has not experienced China Tea at a weekend then you have a treat awaiting you.

I thought I was just going for a cup of tea!!!!    How wrong I was.

I suggest that you do not eat breakfast the day you go for your first because you can get there at 11am and still be there at 2pm. During which time dish after dish will appear.

And on that first visit do not even ask what you are about to eat - just eat it or your host may feel that they have lost face if you turn it down.

You will enjoy it.

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline Peter

« Reply #43 on: July 28, 2009, 04:24:39 am »
I thought that I would loose some weight when I was in China my first time but I was wrong.... This time I am already gained 2 kg on 14 days... Even if you use Chopsticks you will eat for hours...
Don't miss the Tea Ceremony if you can. My brother in law like to give me different kind of tea. I have already bought 3,5 kg tea to take home. Most of it is Puh Er witch is my favorite...
Better to be married to a wife from Changsha then have 7000 women in Chnlove

David5o

« Reply #44 on: July 28, 2009, 08:37:45 am »
Willy,

Yes .....quite agree with you on the weekend Tea thing. Tell you the truth, I'd forgot all about that until you mentioned it here.... then the memories came flooding back!!...haha!!

Your also right about photo's in China. The guy,  that came out with the saying ''a picture is worth a thousand words,'' ...had no idea,  of what can be done in a modern Chinese photographic studio. The buggers can even take a couple or more stone of our size and weight too....hahaha!!

David......
« Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 08:39:18 am by David5o »