Author Topic: Changsha again  (Read 14954 times)

Offline MLM

• Zhou Li Weng Maines
RE: Changsha again
« Reply #30 on: July 24, 2009, 06:58:45 am »
Peter, Happy to hear you and Tina are having such a wonderful time
TIME IS THE TELLER OF ALL TRUTHS AND THE HEALER OF ALL HURTS

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2009, 10:27:25 am »
Yes Peter, we wish to see the secret spy, movie star in disguise.:fi_lone_ranger:
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances

Arnold

« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2009, 07:39:32 pm »
They working on the Lip sinking right now , that takes a while , especially Swedish to Chinese .:icon_cheesygrin:

Offline Peter

« Reply #33 on: July 25, 2009, 10:27:15 pm »
They will probably not manage at all Arnold... :icon_cheesygrin:
I bought Tina a " learning Swedish CD " so now are we talking Swedish all the time. I have thought her the most important words like " I want to have coffee " , "Where is the shop " and so on. Every evening before sleep we do some more words so she will know a couple of new words.
Today we are going to the agency to see if there is anyone that can translate documents from Chinese to English. We need some kind of Notarization to confirm the translation later. There are a lot of papers that we need to translate. Maybe someone have done this before and can give me a hint...
Later we will probably go to the Orange Island in the river if the rain stops. I must say that all the parks are very well taken care of. It must be in the Chinese culture.
I also want to see us on TV but right now they are sending the same kind of advertisement with a man from US. His name is Lee and about 60 years old. I don't know when Lee was in Changsha to get married because they didn't tell.. I guess I will have to sign autographs all day after the advertisement have been on TV and probably will have a bunch of young girls screaming my name wherever I go :icon_cheesygrin:
Better to be married to a wife from Changsha then have 7000 women in Chnlove

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
« Reply #34 on: July 25, 2009, 10:31:14 pm »
Quote from: 'Peter' pid='9915' dateline='1248575235'

Today we are going to the agency to see if there is anyone that can translate documents from Chinese to English. We need some kind of Notarization to confirm the translation later. There are a lot of papers that we need to translate. Maybe someone have done this before and can give me a hint...

Peter we saved a bit of money by having a lawyer that could also speak English. She did the translation of the documents and notarized them at the same time. We paid about 1500 rmb if I remember right. Or since you are a spy, you could have the secret branch of Ikea do it for you.
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2009, 09:51:59 pm »
HAHAHA...Rhonald...too funny!

Peter, I am loving the updates!  I am so happy to hear you are having another great trip.  Please give my best to Tina.

Arnold

« Reply #36 on: July 27, 2009, 11:31:55 pm »
Peter , about the Paper's ( document's ) . When I got married , all the Paper's were send to the Notary Public Office in Shanghai , four day's later we pick them up , Chinese version and English version in nice little Booklet's . I don't know if ChangSha has a Office like that , but this is what we used to have them Translated while I was there , to take them Home for my Lawyer later . Was all good to go , except the Police report for Qing which they ask for later .

Offline Peter

« Reply #37 on: July 28, 2009, 12:00:46 am »
Thanks Arnold
I tried to find a Notary Office in Changsha but no one seems to know. I also tried to ask my Swedish Tax authority but got a very odd answer back. I sent a new question and told them I wasn't satisfied with the last answer. All I wanted to know was if the Red Book itself was enough... We'll see what their answer will be.. I will get translations from Chinese to English on Xerox copies of the House Book and of Tina's Red book by our translator and the translator is also familiar with the situation.. I have only one week to deal with this because I want to register our marriage in Sweden as soon as possible. Tina require a document from our Tax authority in Sweden that say we are married before she will send the Visa documents... As soon as I got our registration I will send the document by Fax to her. We will do all the other papers we can before I will leave next week..

Rhonald.. I am not supposed to talk about matters like these but I must say that you could become a very good contra espionage. No one knows about the connection with Volvo and Ikea except you... Please don't say this to the other brothers ^_^
« Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 12:05:12 am by Peter »

Arnold

« Reply #38 on: July 28, 2009, 12:07:51 am »
Good luck Peter , I know it is a hassle whatever Country you dealing with . Note too , that most of them must be Originals not Copy's .

Offline Josh Markley

• Inmate #cqa1265789
    • http://joshchinaadventure.blogspot.com/
« Reply #39 on: July 28, 2009, 02:46:20 pm »
I Spy, Ting good luck and many blessings.  We now have a big star among us.  No I spy more like the international man of mystery.  haha
麥杰德
QQ 859407630

feisnik

« Reply #40 on: July 29, 2009, 10:18:25 am »
Peter, my wife can tell your wife where the ChangSha notary office for wedding, police, & birth certificates are at.

Offline Peter

« Reply #41 on: July 30, 2009, 09:45:42 am »
Well Nik.. I will tell my wife to give her a call.. Tomorrow we are attending a wedding.. A Norwegian man have just landed in Changsha and is getting married tomorrow evening. I will give him a hint about our brotherhood if I get a chance..  I guess he will surprised to see another Western man at the wedding... :icon_cheesygrin:
The big problems is that it is getting hot again. After a couple of days of rain the temperature was down below 30 degress Celsius but today the sun came again and now we heave about 35 again even late in the evening.. My wife's daughter is spending some time with us before going back to school.. I will give you a report of the Norwegian wedding later..
« Last Edit: July 30, 2009, 09:50:22 am by Peter »

Offline maxx

« Reply #42 on: July 31, 2009, 09:18:20 pm »
Scott yes they have birth certificates. your lady will have to go to the notary public office in the city she was born..And get it from there.It wikk be written in Chinese and they should translate it to English for her.

Offline Peter

« Reply #43 on: July 31, 2009, 11:47:34 pm »
I know that everything is written in the House Book that every Chinese have....
Well... I didn't manage to get to the wedding yesterday because I got ill. All night I kept my wife awake with some fever and coughing. It seems that I got a cold... and hope not the Flue...
Anyway... yesterday was the day of the Premiere... At 7 pm our marriage was shown on Woman Channel that is the correct namn of the channel. I also found out that this is not a local channel for Changsha. It broadcast all over China... The report was about 30 minutes long with breaks for advertisements.. I must tell the truth that it was quite scary to see myself on TV and knowing that there was some 100 millions watching. Anyway it is done and I made my debut on Chinese TV.. All for the pleasure to write autographs for screaming Chinese teenagers and have 5 minutes of Fame :icon_cheesygrin:
The sad part is that my visit in Changsha is coming to the end. Today it is only 4 days left for me before I return home again. I guess there will be a lot tears from every one at the airport.. I will be leaving China as a married man and that fells very good..    I know that now the big work start about taking my wife and her daughter to Sweden. We will start to fill in the forms for the Visas and I have to send a document by Fax later but realistic I will have Tina and Diedei in Sweden in the beginning of next year if not even sooner. That depends on how much work they have in the Embassy in Beijing.

Arnold

« Reply #44 on: August 01, 2009, 12:42:06 am »
Oh Man , what a way to get to spend your last few day's there , sick in Bed . I know , in your Wife's hand's ... your in the best of care . Hope you shake it soon and be good to go , as the departure arrives and you will get sick again ... leaving them behind . Ahhh ... Life ,
alway's easy ... isn't it ?