Author Topic: My Blog  (Read 23401 times)

Scottish_Rob

RE: My Blog
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2009, 06:29:08 am »
Josh your in trouble now, you mentioned the 'D' word arnold and Martin will be getting on to you about giving them some oh and Ronan....LOL :angel:
« Last Edit: July 14, 2009, 06:29:38 am by Scottish_Rob »

Offline Josh Markley

• Inmate #cqa1265789
    • http://joshchinaadventure.blogspot.com/
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2009, 07:16:54 am »
Oh yeah Scottish I have read their post, trying to see if I can get a rise out of them.  also from reading there post I am so stoked about my first encounter with the dumpling.  Heck who know I may of come u with my own new nickname Dumpling Josh, haha
麥杰德
QQ 859407630

Offline Nad

« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2009, 08:14:57 am »
Hi Josh,
All the best to you on your trip, and meeting your girl. I will be following your blog, so keep it going.
all the best from downunder.
Alan ( nad)

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2009, 05:24:08 pm »
I do not know about facebook right now.  I know it apparently was blocked last week with everything going on in Urumqi.  Blogs have been blocked since the beginning of June.  We are all hoping that things will get unblocked.

To answer your question, yes, this means it will be blocked from your own laptop as well.  There is a way around it...if you know anything about setting up a Virtual Private Network.  Personally, i do not know anything about how to do this.

Sending out email is still available..so if you know someone at home that can do this for you, it is am option.

Sorry to be the one to break the bad news...but better to find out now, than when you get over there.  My wife enjoys following my blog, and has not been able to access for quite some time.

Offline Chong

« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2009, 06:44:32 pm »
http://www.freetravelblog.com/cgi-bin/new_user1.pl?gclid=CMbvxKHWx5sCFdMtpAodmG18Jw

Josh,

This blog site works in China. Only thing is that loading photos take a long time or maybe I didn't do it right. Like Martin wroted ... try to set up a VPN on your computer before you go.

Have a fun & great trip.

Chong

Offline Irishman

• Muireadach and Sunny
    • http://www.chinaromance.net
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2009, 06:50:16 pm »
You could use logmein.com - it was free for home users last time i used it and would get the job done.
Or you could use Tor on your laptop ..google it...
Or just use a blogsite thats not blocked over there!
Become the change you want today, or all your tomorrows will be like yesterday.

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2009, 12:46:40 am »
Reverend Mike...great post.  I tried it out from home, and it works...at least with text...I have not tried a picture.  I will certainly give this a go, as well as some of the options Irish has pointed out.  I know this wasn't my thread, but thanks for the help.

Offline Chong

« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2009, 02:34:45 am »
Martin,

Since you know my password. Can you reconfigure it for me in the settings ?

How does it work ???

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Irish,

I tried LogMeIn just with the "Remote Control" Feature, but it didn't work. Was that the right one to choose ?
« Last Edit: July 15, 2009, 02:36:12 am by Chong »

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2009, 03:17:52 pm »
Ooo ooo I want a Blog.....LOL:icon_biggrin:

Offline Josh Markley

• Inmate #cqa1265789
    • http://joshchinaadventure.blogspot.com/
« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2009, 10:20:43 pm »
Well fellas I have made to legs of my trip i have two more.  Sitting at lax.  The international departure terminal is a hole.  Oh yeah my flights have been a bear so far.  What is with rude people?
麥杰德
QQ 859407630

Offline raymond-

« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2009, 01:36:05 am »
my best wishes to you on a safe and adventure fill journey....natch,
with a fairy tale ending.  looking forward to reading your updates.
raymond-
47º34'N 122º18'W

Offline Darius

« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2009, 04:13:55 am »
Josh,

I have followed your story from the very first and now its happening. Wasnt worth the effort? I am so happy for you buddy. Hope while you are eating your haus made Dumplings take a second and think about us all who are still along the way.
Bring us your daily happy and encouraging news and dream your dream with your dream.

Arnold

« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2009, 11:44:55 pm »
As I have mentioned , Jo-Ma and myself met at the LAX Airport yesterday . I was there about 19:45 and started looking at the Korean Air Counter , because he had to come there to check in and get his Boarding Pass ( NOT Baoding Pass ) .:icon_cheesygrin:
I finally saw him about close to 21:00 , recognized him by his Tattoo's on the Arms . After he was done with the counter and checking in his Bag , we went upstairs for some Cold ones and sit down to talk about ... well whatever came to mind . I really felt in his place , as I remember my first Trip so well . It was great to meet my first Brotherhood member and actually had some time to spend with him . What else I know , he has a loooong flight and many hour's of layover time in Seoul . It is not an easy Trip for him for sure , from Kansas City to Minnasota to LA to Seoul to Bejing and a ride to Boading . On top of that , one of his Suitcases did not make it to LAX , and they send it back to his Home . But , I think he is ready to have a great time in China and with his Xu-le and her Family . Can't wait for his first Blog Post .
« Last Edit: July 16, 2009, 11:46:39 pm by Arnold »

Vince G

« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2009, 12:04:06 am »
Nice pic. But Arnold is that an oyster watch your wearing? Gezzz

Arnold

« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2009, 12:56:58 am »
Heck NO , that my Fasil watch , that changes color's and alway's goes by what my Shirt color is , as you can tell .
What the Heck is an Oyster Watch anyway ?