Author Topic: Going to Shenzhen.  (Read 4057 times)

JohnJohn

Going to Shenzhen.
« on: July 13, 2009, 04:15:27 am »
This is my first post. I finally have something to say and hopefully contribute to everyone who comes to read here.
I have been reading a whole lot on this forum and after much consideration and debate with myself I have decided to make the trip to China. I will arrive there on 16 July. I think I have read more bad than good about CHNL. I believe that if I read up more before I became a member there I probably wouldn't have. But there are some solid good stories to hear and I am hoping that I become one of them. I think right now my main paranoia is that I am going to get there and fall into one of these "The lady couldn't make it" or some other type scam. I guess will wait and see in the next few days. For the woman I am talking to she did tell me that they offered for free 15 min of webcam chat there in the office. Took opportunity for that. She was beautiful of course in the studio pictures she had posted of course and was surprised to see that in the webcam there she was the same. She has sent me about 6 other regular pictures of herself since we have been talking. So I have not had any of those problems there.
  There was some difficulty earlier though. I had stopped talking to her for a while. It has just been not too long ago that i have started back up communication with her again. It is from talking to her again that I decided to go and see her. The problem I experienced was A friend of mine who went to CHNL and sent a cupid note to her (Without knowing I was talking to her already).  The reply he received (which he showed to me after seeing who I was talking with) was the same exact reply which I received earlier. Of course this upset me and I was off thinking I got scammed or something. My friend did not write to her again but received another EMF to him bla bla. He showed that to me. Well after reading through this stie and FB I starting thinking maybe it was the translator or something. So I emailed her personal account and asked her in translated english through google translate. She wrote me back and we talked about it and she denies it. She then went to the CHNL office to inquire about this. Her old translator had quit and the members there could not give her any kind of answer about this. She did tell me before her old translator had quit and run off with her bf. Since we have been talking to each other again we have corresponded through email vice EMF. Much more comfortable to me. Its not the money its more a trust issue.  Well Im going down there to meet her. I really hope that this trip goes well. I do believe her when she says that she wasnt writing the same letter to another person. At least I am telling myself so.
  I guess right now I am also worried about the first meeting. I of course hope the flow goes well. Im taking alot of the advice I have read from here. Thanks for it. I will post how my trip went and anything I can contribute to the forum of course I will do so.

Offline RobertBfrom aust

• Sujuan [Yo ] is my tai tai
  • Robert and Sujuan [Yo ] at home .
    • bopads.info
RE: Going to Shenzhen.
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2009, 04:35:28 am »
Good luck on your trip John , may it turn out fine , I think China Shark Mike is living in that area so see if you can meet up , in between his 24 hour a day dating , regards Robert .
Now it is early to bed and late to rise .
My QQ is   1994376895
For electronics and books etc , check out , www.bopads.info

Offline metooap

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2009, 04:54:59 am »
Good luck John on your trip as well. I will be heading to China on the 17th. This is my second trip and I will have a ring with me this time. On my first trip I had all of those feelings that you mentioned as well. If you have made direct contact with your lady and you have seen her you should be okay. I am wishing you the best!

Offline Sylvain D

• oO0° SLY °0Oo
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2009, 05:06:00 am »
JohnJohn,

I wish you a nice trip over there.
For sure, whatever would happen, you'll come back with experience.
First, a new country where you're never gone before
Second, a lady who you seem to be very "well" with. May your story be the same as most of the guys here.

For sure, you will find here many advices and comments, i think that if that forum is born, it is really to help and to share many things... as the brotherhood ;)

You may have created a blog, if so, we could follow your story over there, too,

Just one thing : read carefully the thread about the 24H's rule, it is REALLY IMPORTANT ;)
- Let's Rock -

Offline China Shark

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2009, 05:56:07 am »
John John, It sounds like it's going just fine. Don't let paranoia spook you because it will alter your perspective and ultimately could destroy something beautiful. Like Sylvain says 24 hr rule at all times when in country. He stuck by it through thick and thin even after his situation took a turn for the worst. I live in Shenzhen so why don't you look me up when you arrive. Like to meet you and your lady. Hey, maybe your girl has a friend for the Shark, lol. Really, here's my email seal03@gmail.com, I'll shoot you my cell number if you want to meet up while you're here. Pack plenty of light clothing and remember an umbrella {rainy season July, August}. The sun is brutal here on any given day, sort of like living down south in America, can't hide from the sun. The brotherhood is all routing for you, either way it could possibly go we got your back.
China Shark Mike
Living life the way it should be. Following the path less traveled!!!!!!!!!

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2009, 06:10:20 am »
Good story JohnJohn, meet up with the shark he'll steer you right brother, good luck mate:icon_biggrin:

Vince G

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2009, 08:13:18 am »
JohnJohn, Welcome to the forum.
You overlooked something about the EMF to your friend that others overlook as well. She supposedly sent the "same" letter to him? Do you think "she " would send the same letter? NO! That is the translators idea. Generating $$ for themselves. So that's one thing you don't have to worry about. A face to face is the only way to know for sure. Good luck.

Offline Danny

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2009, 08:25:10 am »
After hanging around here for the past year or so, I would think nothing of the EMF mail issue. The agencies are completely shameless about this sort of thing. My woman's agency has been sending admirer mails out on her behalf I don't know how many times and that's after I have visited her in China already once and with me writing an emf mail to her almost every day. I wouldn't give it a thought. There's no substitute for getting to know someone face to face. Nothing else compares.

Offline JimB

• http://www.jandyenterprises.com
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2009, 08:55:31 am »
Good luck Brotha,  Whatever you need, just ask. Everything will be fine. You hove done all right steps.  Just remember as they said the 24 hour rule.  Plus she is from a different culture.  Do Not Forget That
Maxx's 24 hour rule, learn it, live it.

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2009, 11:24:27 pm »
JohnJohn...There is one very big rule to keep in mind...HAVE A BLAST!  Good luck.  We all look forward to your trip updates.  Glad to see your first post was about heading over to China.  Just don't be a stranger over here...not everyone has a lot to say all of the time, but every view is a different one for others to consider.

Offline Hajo

« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2009, 12:07:37 am »
JohnJohn, welcome to the Brotherhood! I must admit, I was sceptical too after reading many of the negative post. But there are also a lot of good stories. Yours could become a good one too. Just go with an open mind and keep the 24 hour rule in mind.

Have a nice trip!
爱你的人如果没有按你所希望的方式来爱你,那并不代表他们没有全心全意地爱你。
Just because someone doesn't love you the way you want them to, doesn't mean they don't love you with all they have.

JohnJohn

« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2009, 03:09:43 pm »
Appreciate everyones support and good advice. Shark thanks I will send you an email after I get there and get the room, etc..
Should be there close to midnight coming up China time. About 22 more hours from now.
I asked my girl to make a hotel reservation for me. She replied and asked me what style, class hotel and all. I told her something around 500 but not exceeding 700. She actually called around to alot of different places and then picked four to go look at, and then to pick the best one. I was pretty surprised that she actually physically went to look at the hotels to check out the service, the rooms, etc. She picked one and made a report to me. Lucky thing she wrote the hotel name, address and phone number in english and Chinese. I had totally forgot to ask her to do that. Good think she thought of it. Im getting there pretty late so said better to just meet her the following morning. She even gave me the average cost for taxi fare from airport to the hotel. Asked me to email her if I wanted her to arrange a hotel taxi to pick me up. The taxi is about 100% cheaper and probably more convenient so I will use that route.
  Appreciate the tips on some of the things to see. Im very happy to sign up here. Its great to be able to talk to people and share some concern, worry and hopefully very good experiences with.  Especially with the possible misinterpretations that can happen. Will post as i can with updates on my trip and a hows it going.
See you guys later.

Offline MLM

• Zhou Li Weng Maines
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2009, 06:31:46 pm »
John, your lady must be looking forward to this visit as much as you are for her to go to this much trouble, well as Maxx has satd, have a blast you'll love China, hehe and your lady.
TIME IS THE TELLER OF ALL TRUTHS AND THE HEALER OF ALL HURTS

JohnJohn

« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2009, 12:39:48 pm »
I finally made it. Just got to the hotel. Should see my girl inthe morning.
Im exhausted tired. In the airport at immigration the guy kept eyeballing my passport wondering if it was fake or not. Kept rubbing on it. Maybe he thought my picture was going to rub off or something dont know. They took me a couple steps to the side and asked me if it was my first time here, what is my reason, where am I going and all that. Everyone was respectful though. Got my bags, and was actually the first one to get outside from the plane. Hotel room is awesome. Its like a mini apartment. Hotel staff extremely friendly. Room has a desk with a computer. Took a minuite on how to understand anything though because the OS is in Chinese. Im so happy Im finally here. Going to bed now.

Offline Hajo

« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2009, 03:05:17 pm »
Sounds great John! She must really care for you to go all this trouble to find the right hotel for you. I am looking very much forward to get to know how things develop! I wish you the best of luck!
爱你的人如果没有按你所希望的方式来爱你,那并不代表他们没有全心全意地爱你。
Just because someone doesn't love you the way you want them to, doesn't mean they don't love you with all they have.