Author Topic: Residential Period In China  (Read 4235 times)

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
Residential Period In China
« on: July 20, 2009, 04:05:04 am »
Before I came to China I had all the paperwork to get translated here.
But as that relationship fell through and I now live in China I have a question.

I know that I have to live in China for 21 days then I apply for a single certificate here.  Now do I have to wait 21 days from the day I apply or does the 21 days I have already been here, count?

I should know the answer to this one.

I did have access to a Nanning page where someone had spelled this out but at the time it was not an option for me at that time.

Willy
« Last Edit: July 20, 2009, 04:13:27 am by Willy The Londoner »
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline Darius

RE: Residential Period In China
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2009, 06:56:28 am »
How to register a marriage

How to get married (UK national to Chinese national)

• If resident here and you intend to marry a Chinese national, you will need a Certificate of No Impediment (CNI).  You must be resident in China for a minimum of 21 continuous days before making a notice of intention to marry. (The 21 days is counted from your last entry stamp into China, previous stays of 21 days in China are invalid).According to the Marriage Law of the People’s Republic of China, no marriage may be contracted before the man has reached 22 years of age and the woman 20 years of age. (Source link: http://www.novexcn.com/marriage_law.html ).

•  To obtain a CNI, you will need to go to either the Embassy or nearest Consulate, with your passport and your partner’s passport or ID card, complete a notice of intention form and sign an affidavit to state that you are free to marry.  If previously married, then we need to see either a divorce or death certificate.

• The notice will be displayed for a further 21 continuous clear days, starting the following day of application.  If no objection is given, a CNI will be issued in both Chinese and English languages.  By Chinese law you must marry in the place of your fiancé (e)'s hukou.  If their hukou registration is outside the Consular Jurisdiction that you reside in, you will need to contact the local Marriage Bureau in their Province, to find out if they accept the Embassy or Consulate’s paperwork where you made the application.
http://ukinchina.fco.gov.uk/en/help-for-british-nationals/living-in-china/how-register-marriage

Willy... hope it could help.

Offline Chong

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2009, 11:00:52 am »
Other questions ...

1) Are foreigners allowed to drive legally in China ?  Own a scooter/car registration & licence ?

2) If married with a national, are you allowed to purchase real estate register under the two spouses' names ???

Thanks !!! :icon_cool:
« Last Edit: July 20, 2009, 11:02:01 am by Chong »

Offline China Shark

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2009, 01:54:01 pm »
Chong, pretty sure it has to be just in her name. Foreigners can drive after they get thier international license. Scooters you don't need a license for and are only licensed for some parts of the city. Scooters and motorcycles are against the law in many parts of Shenzhen so most people opt for the cheaper electric bikes.
China Shark Mike
Living life the way it should be. Following the path less traveled!!!!!!!!!

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2009, 02:26:47 am »
Quote from: 'Darius' pid='9191' dateline='1248087388'

How to register a marriage

How to get married (UK national to Chinese national)

• If resident here and you intend to marry a Chinese national, you will need a Certificate of No Impediment (CNI).  You must be resident in China for a minimum of 21 continuous days before making a notice of intention to marry. (The 21 days is counted from your last entry stamp into China, previous stays of 21 days in China are invalid).According to the Marriage Law of the People’s Republic of China, no marriage may be contracted before the man has reached 22 years of age and the woman 20 years of age. (Source link: http://www.novexcn.com/marriage_law.html ).

•  To obtain a CNI, you will need to go to either the Embassy or nearest Consulate, with your passport and your partner’s passport or ID card, complete a notice of intention form and sign an affidavit to state that you are free to marry.  If previously married, then we need to see either a divorce or death certificate.

• The notice will be displayed for a further 21 continuous clear days, starting the following day of application.  If no objection is given, a CNI will be issued in both Chinese and English languages.  By Chinese law you must marry in the place of your fiancé (e)'s hukou.  If their hukou registration is outside the Consular Jurisdiction that you reside in, you will need to contact the local Marriage Bureau in their Province, to find out if they accept the Embassy or Consulate’s paperwork where you made the application.
http://ukinchina.fco.gov.uk/en/help-for-british-nationals/living-in-china/how-register-marriage

Willy... hope it could help.

Thanks Darius - that is exactly what I need.  Must try to find the local consulate office now.  No in any hurry but if I apply for it now it will be ok to use in a couple of months.  

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline Chong

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2009, 04:01:41 am »
Thanks Mike for the info. I passed through Shenzhen to HK, I thought I saw a big "Great White China Shark" in the river ... :icon_cool:  BTW, they didn't take temperature readings ... entering HK ... just the health declaration form.

My friend in HK who travels in China said that it may be possible to register foreign homeownership with the strongest favoritism towards ... A) Marriage btwn a national & foreigner and B) Foreigner Work Permits. Either way, I'll have to verify this with the local Kaiping authorities.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2009, 04:04:23 am by Chong »

feisnik

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2009, 03:24:11 pm »
Quote from: 'China Shark' pid='9232' dateline='1248112441'
Chong, pretty sure it has to be just in her name. Foreigners can drive after they get thier international license.

Except that China does not accept the International Driver's License. It is easy enough to get a Chinese Driver's License though. During the BeiJing Olympic Games they made it even easier, you just had to show them your license from your country and pay 300 RMB.

Offline China Shark

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2009, 11:05:15 am »
Feisnik, you forgot to mention how difficult it can be actually getting the license. More than a few of my students told me that the people in charge of issuing the license many times require up to a 1,000 rmb bribe to get the license. Nothing is cut and dry over here. Curruption is just part of the way they do things here.
China Shark Mike
Living life the way it should be. Following the path less traveled!!!!!!!!!

ttwjr32

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2010, 01:39:43 pm »
a little spin on this thread--- i just recently found out thru a government agency
                                       here in Guangzhou that after i have been here 1 year
                                       9/4/2010 i will be able to get my drivers liscence for
                                       China. pretty simple process 400 rmb and a test

Offline Irishman

• Muireadach and Sunny
    • http://www.chinaromance.net
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2010, 01:52:56 pm »
You want to drive in Guangzhou?
You are a braver man than me Ted, I wouldn't drive there even if there was no test and the license was free! The subway works just fine and the taxi's are cheap.
Become the change you want today, or all your tomorrows will be like yesterday.

ttwjr32

« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2010, 02:08:25 pm »
it will be good for the blood flow driving in GZ Irishman and it will
all be good 6 or 7 beers and off we go  (just kidding) my brother in law
just bought an suv and says i could use it so why not ? i will pick up
Willy and we could go out cruising the roads in search of ?????