Author Topic: Places to see and things to do in China  (Read 26357 times)

Offline maxx

Places to see and things to do in China
« on: July 22, 2009, 12:31:36 am »
After more then a few requests from other members.I thought that I would start a thread.About what to see and where to go in Different cities in China.

After we get this going good we will hand it over to our tech guy Irishman and he can clean it up and make it look nice.

Zhuhai my second favorite city in Asia. Lovers rd. Nice place to go at night right on the ocean nice scenery nice brease real romatic.

Gombei mall on the border of Zhuhai and Macau. shopping, food in probably over 100 different stores.

Caddy corner from Gombei mall.Is another little mall.Where you can buy handcrafted goods.And some real nice Paintings.

Fisher women a statue a little off shore you can walk to the statue at low tide.

Walking Island.You can eather walk to the island or take a taxi.it is connected to land by a bridge.The island is probably 2 miles around.You can eather rent a tandom bike or you can walk around the island on the paved path.

New Yuan palace.It is a copy of the forbidden city.It is a all day excursion.They have plays, music,Horseback ridding.Airiel tram,You can tour the buildings.They have a little museum that you can walk threw.And at night they have a pirate show.It is well worth the trip.

Holiday hotel,You don't have to be registerd there to take a walk threw the grounds.Alot of Chinese people have there wedding pictures taken there.

Kareoke bars are all over the place.If you want to do that take your lady with you.She will know what clubs to go to and what clubs not to go to.

Big bhudist temple outside of Zhuhai.worth the trip just to have a look.About a 2 to3 hour self guided tour.After you exit the temple grounds go to your right there is more to see.Climb the mountain ring the bell.

Exercise park  is on the side of a mountain.Across the rd from where you get the water from the mountain.Good execise for you health nuts really steep nice view.

Hotels Greenery hotel, travelers hotel, nanyang seascape hotel,Holiday inn.Greenery is the cheapest of the 4 star hotels very nice hotel.Holiday inn is a real good hotel alot of the staff speak English.But it is expensive.All of theese hotels are in or near the Jidi District.It puts you real close to everything.

Western food 4 mcdonalds and three KFC. A couple of Pizza places.And the Blue Angel cafa Best western food in China.If you go to Zhuhai Blue Angel cafe should not be missed.

There is a row of bars called the expat district it is two blocks north of the Nanyang seascape hotel.Alot of Expats hang out there after the sun goes down.Alot of ladies of the night hang out there to.There is a Kfc at the end of the rd.

If I missed anything.Just add to my post and like I said we will have Irishman put it all together.

Beijing

Forbidden city,Summer palace,Great wall,Ming tombsTinnaman square.Chairmen Mao's body.Peiking Duck.olympic park

Forbidden city is a must see start early in the day.It will take close to all day.After the forbidden city.Tinnaman square is right across the street.And so is Chairman Mao's body lying in state.You can view the body at certain times durring the day..If you go to your left after exiting the forbidden city.Go about 2 miles go past the real expensive hotels.You will see the Beijing hotel on your left.Turn left there.And walk threw the outdoor shopping market.Toward the back they have food from all over China.It is Cheap and good.

Summer palace plan on a full day to see this.Climb up the steps to the temples walk along the lake.Walk to the islands.In my opinion it is much better then Forbidden city.

Great wall you travel outside of Beijing.You can climb the wall in about twenty different places expect big crowds in the summer.Don't forget to get a tshirt.That says I climbed the great wall

Ming tombs take the Museum tour its about twenty minutes.Signes are in English and Chinese.Go to the tombs walk underground about 30 feet down.Tour the gardens.There are other historic sites in the valley of the tombs.If you want to see all the tombs.It would take all day.I would suggest a guide for this.

Temple Garden in the middle of Beijing.About a 3 to 4 hour self guided tour.This is the place where the Ming emporiers used to have the harvest celeabration.It is well worth seeing.Just to walk threw the lanes watch the people play hackey sac with the locals.

Right across the street from the temple garden is a big shopping center.Where all the foriegners go it has just about everything and most of the clerks speak English.The clerks are very agrresive so bargen and bargen some more.One clerk started out at 800 Rmb for a silk robe.By the time we were dome I payed 35 Rmb for the robe.

Olympic park.See where history was made.You can go inside the different arenas but expect to pay.As you enter each arena.And of course big crowds in the summer.They also have some venders selling handmade Items from all over China.It took us about 2 hours to look at the different arenas from the outside and to check out the handcrafted itemts.

Peiking Duck Go to the Chen Chi Duo restraunt.They have ben cooking Duck since 1865.The style and the atmospere in this restraunt will blow you away.Don't worry about ordering the Duck.It comes with every meal.The cheff cuts the duck up right in front of you.Best Duck I have ever eaten.With each Duck comes a card.The card is written in English and Chinese..It tells you the history of the restraunt and the number of the duck you have just eaten.After the meal Check out the different shops.Take a ride on the trolly.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2009, 11:24:14 am by Irishman »

Scottish_Rob

RE: Places to see and things to do in China
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2009, 03:30:46 am »
Maxx this thread is an exceptional idea, once the brothers start posting about their ladies places, think of the info this forum will have...:icon_biggrin:

Offline MLM

• Zhou Li Weng Maines
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2009, 05:22:24 am »
Maxx, you forgot the Museum in Zhuhai, it will take a couple of hours to walk through, it is a collection of buildings connected with foot paths, the more paths you follow the more you will see, so be adventuriuos.
TIME IS THE TELLER OF ALL TRUTHS AND THE HEALER OF ALL HURTS

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2009, 05:28:54 am »
What else can I say about Zhuhai that Maxx has not already said.    I live close to the copy palace and it great for an evening walk just to sit and watch the  different group of dancers strutting their stuff.  This happens in many parts of the city but on the forcourt of the palace there is room for many many dancers.

Must try that romantic evening walk down Lovers Road soon.

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline Danny

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2009, 05:43:11 am »
Quote from: 'maxx' pid='9442' dateline='1248237096'

Zhuhai my second favorite city in Asia. Lovers rd. Nice place to go at night right on the ocean nice scenery nice brease real romatic.

Maxx

Thanks so much for this. I am definitely going to do everything on your list, apart from the expat district . . . *laughs*

I am going there on 16 September. I am just so excited I don't know what to do with myself.

Things with my woman are just wonderful at the moment. It seems like a dream at the moment, writing and talking on the phone. It's all sweet. Dreams are made of this.

Danny

Offline China Shark

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2009, 05:57:13 am »
Nice job Maxx this thread was long overdue.
China Shark Mike
Living life the way it should be. Following the path less traveled!!!!!!!!!

Offline MLM

• Zhou Li Weng Maines
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2009, 06:52:35 am »
I think thats the least words I've seen CS Mike post at one time, short and sweet Mike, LOL just funnin
TIME IS THE TELLER OF ALL TRUTHS AND THE HEALER OF ALL HURTS

Offline Hajo

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2009, 10:48:28 am »
Great Maxx!

That's what I needed as will go for the Honeymoon to Beijing on the 3rd of August. Thanks for the post!
爱你的人如果没有按你所希望的方式来爱你,那并不代表他们没有全心全意地爱你。
Just because someone doesn't love you the way you want them to, doesn't mean they don't love you with all they have.

Offline JimB

• http://www.jandyenterprises.com
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2009, 12:01:22 pm »
I am not sure but i think Maxx is talking about the Silk Market where he bought his robe.   This is 4 stories high and has at least a couple of hundred stalls on each floor.  You can have anything made you want out of silk.  Quite a unique place.  He is right bargain very very hard.  They will not let you leave.  I can not tell you how many times I was grabbed by women trying to get me into the stalls.  I let my friend bargain.  They told me to come back without her. LOL.  Great job Maxx
Maxx's 24 hour rule, learn it, live it.

Offline China Shark

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2009, 12:06:49 pm »
Yes, Michael I am the man of a thousand words. Occupational hazard, what can you do. Now this is the second shortest post you ever saw CS Mike write, so there, lol. It's all good in the Neighborhood.
China Mike
Living life the way it should be. Following the path less traveled!!!!!!!!!

Arnold

« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2009, 12:04:04 am »
Well ... let's see , how many that been to Beijing ... actually know that there is a " Chinatown " there ?

No kidding , it is a little Area for where the chinese minority People live . It is close to the Olyimpic Village . Had the most wonderful Lunch there with my Sweetheart .

Offline maxx

« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2009, 12:37:56 am »
Gee Arnold that is informative.Where at Close to the Olympic Village? North south east west.2 blocks 2 miles.Details Because now I'm wondering where its at.And I'm wondering what minority people it is.And why would they call it Chinatown in Beijing?Last time I Checked about 90% of Beijing was Some kind of Chinese person

Arnold

« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2009, 12:49:16 am »
Don't tell me you never heard of it ? It's the home of a special Minority Group of People in China . It's within walking distance of the Bird'snest. Sorry , I did not count the step's I took . It also has a nice Tea room Restaurant near by . The way you know you have found it , is by the two like Totum Poll's at the entrance . Let's me see if I have a Photo of it and I'll post it .

Hahaha , that what I thought and looked at Qing and said ... Chinatown in China ????
« Last Edit: July 23, 2009, 01:11:48 am by Vince G »

Offline Andreas

« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2009, 02:53:30 am »
@Maxx: Ting and me went also to somekind of a underground shopping area, Gombai district. I liked it very much, lots of stores (little ones), somekind like a flea market flavor, bistro's, little restaurants. Don't know if you mentioned that. Maybe you already did. One entrance is just at the Gombai port hall.

Andreas!

Offline Danny

« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2009, 04:51:42 am »
Quote from: 'Andreas' pid='9601' dateline='1248332010'

@Maxx: Ting and me went also to somekind of a underground shopping area, Gombai district. I liked it very much, lots of stores (little ones), somekind like a flea market flavor, bistro's, little restaurants. Don't know if you mentioned that. Maybe you already did. One entrance is just at the Gombai port hall.

Andreas!

I found that underground shopping centre just a complete dive. Is this the Gombai district? I wandered around it for a while and I just didn't find anything that was different from home. Some old junk you get at the markets here in Melbourne. I found it really tacky and run down. What bits of it can you recommend? Maybe I missed the good stuff?