Author Topic: Pictures  (Read 1901 times)

Offline Jimmy

• Soon the Family will be Complete.
  • She Was A Wonderful Wife
    • Jim N Libo
Pictures
« on: July 22, 2009, 03:30:43 pm »
When I see Asian people a lot of them are carrying a camera, especially those I see around San Francisco.
But these ladies never seem to have pictures. Just an observation. Or have an Address but can't receive mail.

If your gonna tell a lie at least try and make it believable.
Jimmy Henson

Offline Sylvain D

• oO0° SLY °0Oo
RE: Pictures
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2009, 03:55:29 pm »
I would say that, maybe in western countries, most of us have access to emails and cameras everyday.
But not there, they don't use it often, as we could even think. They're not connected each day & night on their computers :)
I sent recently 3 mails to 3 different ladies, and only one of them replied the same day... even if we have 6 hours difference, I sent my mails in morning (France) so that they could check their mails in the afternoon.
Don't care ;)
« Last Edit: July 22, 2009, 03:57:55 pm by Sylvain D »
- Let's Rock -

David5o

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2009, 04:10:29 pm »
Jimmy,

Digital cameras in China, are almost as common as mobiles. So no, ...there really is no excuse for ladies here not having normal pictures to send to you guys. Computers are not anywhere near as common, but there are net cafe's everywhere, some are very sophisticated too, and relativly cheap to use.

David.....
« Last Edit: July 22, 2009, 04:12:09 pm by David5o »

Offline Jimmy

• Soon the Family will be Complete.
  • She Was A Wonderful Wife
    • Jim N Libo
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2009, 08:16:07 pm »
Computers arent the issue the pictures are they can send them in the EMF mail and if they have a digital Camera I would think they have some way to get the pictures out of it. In fact I would bet the agencies would help out with something like that even
Jimmy Henson

Offline raymond-

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2009, 08:58:03 pm »
hmm, SFO tourists would have spent oodles $ just to get to the US
so natch, a camera may be affordable or at least budgeted in as well.
I wouldn't necessarily draw a corollary between that, to someone who
is in China....who may/not necessarily have the means to prioritize such
an appliance near the top of their list of things to purchase.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2009, 08:58:39 pm by raymond- »
raymond-
47º34'N 122º18'W

Offline Irishman

• Muireadach and Sunny
    • http://www.chinaromance.net
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2009, 01:36:23 am »
Every Chinese girl is surgically attached to her mobile!, at least that's how it seemed to me. Most mobiles have camera's in them these days. They are very fond of taking pictures of each other too, if a girl tells you she has no photos I would treat that with extreme scepticism to be honest.
Become the change you want today, or all your tomorrows will be like yesterday.

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2009, 02:47:10 am »
Every Chinese girl is surgically attached to her mobile!

HAHAHA...my wife has 2.

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2009, 01:52:51 am »
Quote from: 'David5o' pid='9529' dateline='1248293429'

Jimmy,

Digital cameras in China, are almost as common as mobiles. So no, ...there really is no excuse for ladies here not having normal pictures to send to you guys. Computers are not anywhere near as common, but there are net cafe's everywhere, some are very sophisticated too, and relativly cheap to use.

David.....

True - I have visited a lot of internet cafes here before my own broadband was installed but not once did I find a lady sitting at a computer.  My previous and my current girl friend tellme that it is because women do not feel  safe there.  Not sure why but that is what they both said.

Willy
Quote from: 'David5o' pid='9529' dateline='1248293429'

Jimmy,

David.....

True - I have visited a lot of internet cafes here before my own broadband was installed but not once did I find a lady sitting at a computer.  My previous and my current girl friend tellme that it is because women do not feel  safe there.  Not sure why but that is what they both said.

Willy
« Last Edit: July 25, 2009, 01:52:52 am by Willy The Londoner »
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline maxx

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2009, 02:04:00 am »
My wife and her sister and there sister inlaw used to go to the internet rooms all the time.Before mom installed a computer at home.So maybe it is just a personell choice.

David5o

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2009, 08:10:50 am »
Willy,

That's not my experience at all, there were always a good mix of  both women and men in all the net cafes I've known and used in China. ...Perhaps it's something to do with the time of day/night that might be a factor, i don't know because i never really took that much notice to be honest. Most of the net cafes i have used there, were very well run, and some very ,very sophisticated, in both equipment and facilites, including dedicated webcam booths.

David.....

Offline JimB

• http://www.jandyenterprises.com
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2009, 10:14:31 am »
I used to have that problem with Angel about a picture.  She will not take a picture of herself in a camera for me, not even now.  I ended up getting her a camera so she could take some.  Then she was fine with it because the pictures would be "good" pictures.  So maybe that is her thinking.  She may think that she will not look good to you from a 2 or 3 megapixel phone camera.  Just my 2C.
Maxx's 24 hour rule, learn it, live it.

Offline Peter

« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2009, 10:20:02 am »
I think that the older generation, over 30, isn't used to use a computer in the same way that we are. Even if my wife use a computer at her work she was afraid to use it for any other purpose than her work. It wasn't until I left my Laptop to her that she started to do QQ and send pictures to me.
Better to be married to a wife from Changsha then have 7000 women in Chnlove