Author Topic: Some new developments  (Read 1582 times)

Offline Andy

Some new developments
« on: July 23, 2009, 10:10:07 am »
I just read a letter from my girl. She informed me that our translator left the agency and we have a new translator now. I hope it is female as the girls can make a better friendship. I am not sure but I would think Chinese guys probably do not like us taking there finest ladies.:angel:
I was not able to call her the last two days and now she conformed that here "phone card" is broken. Does she mean her cell phone? Well anyway she will try to fix her phone card or get a new one. Maybe she just forgot to pay the bill? :-/
We keep talking about my first trip there that will take place end of this year. It is so far ahead of us, but I guess she just trying to get used to the idea that I am coming to her.

Offline Danny

RE: Some new developments
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2009, 04:20:37 pm »
Quote from: 'Andy' pid='9626' dateline='1248358207'

I was not able to call her the last two days and now she conformed that here "phone card" is broken. Does she mean her cell phone? Well anyway she will try to fix her phone card or get a new one. Maybe she just forgot to pay the bill?

I use a phone card to ring my lady too. It's so cheap, about a cent a minute, or something like that. Anyhow from time to time the telephone service is "unavailable". I don't know the reason. All that the telephone company says when you try to use the phone card is that the service is "unavailable". I haven't been able to use my phone card to ring my lady for the last couple of days. I could get through using my usual telephone service (at about thirty to fifty times the cost of what I pay using the phone card). So my suggestion, in the absence of any other information to the contrary: believe what she says. Good luck!

Offline Andy

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2009, 05:21:25 pm »
I also use a phone cards to call her, it is a very cheap option. I do have problem with the connection sometimes same us you. She does not call me so she does not need a phone card. I think it could be a translation error. Perhaps phone card= cell phone. I will look it up to see how does these look in mandarin.

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2009, 06:02:00 pm »
Phone card might mean sim card

Offline Andy

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2009, 06:17:31 pm »
Thanks Martin, it makes sense.

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2009, 12:52:57 am »
Now I am in Zhuhai I call the UK using a card that I enter details of on my phone.  I then call 17968  and then call the number in UK.  I seem to get a lot of minutes for my 100 CNY.   But then I also get friends in UK to buy cards in London that cost £3.00 and then they can call me up to 900 minutes for £3.00

I will find the details of the 17968 card to post here.

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline Andy

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2009, 10:14:55 am »
I hope I will get her back on the phone soon, otherwise I will start feeling paranoid. Her phone broke down the same time as her translator left the company. I really hope I was not writing to the translator and talking with her on the phone too as she pretending not to speak English.
Last night I was reading the post of our French brother, it is a long post only got to page 15 I think, well anyway after I went to sleep I had a nightmare driving my truck without breaks. I woke up 3am and could not get much sleep after that.
Weekend is here I am going out with my brothers and friends and try to forget about chinlove for a while and also get the paranoid feelings out of my system.

Offline Irishman

• Muireadach and Sunny
    • http://www.chinaromance.net
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2009, 02:24:26 pm »
Quote from: 'Willy The Londoner' pid='9691' dateline='1248411177'

Now I am in Zhuhai I call the UK using a card that I enter details of on my phone.  I then call 17968  and then call the number in UK.  I seem to get a lot of minutes for my 100 CNY.   But then I also get friends in UK to buy cards in London that cost £3.00 and then they can call me up to 900 minutes for £3.00

Willy

Willy, is that rate to the UK only?, would it be the same to Ireland?
I'd love for my girl to be able to call me directly for so cheap.
Become the change you want today, or all your tomorrows will be like yesterday.

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2009, 01:09:39 am »
Quote from: 'Irishman' pid='9777' dateline='1248459866'

Quote from: 'Willy The Londoner' pid='9691' dateline='1248411177'

Willy

Willy, is that rate to the UK only?, would it be the same to Ireland?
I'd love for my girl to be able to call me directly for so cheap.

I am sure that the 17968 card it applies to calls to all of Europe from here.  But Ihow much is a call to a 0207 london number?  I am back in UK for 5 days on 4th August and I will pass you details of a phone card I use from UK to China - using a 0207 number I get over 900 minutes for £3. I will send you the code to try it and if it is Ok you can use the whole card.  If it does not cost a great deal to ring London from Ireland you should be able to use it ok and make cheap calls to her.  I will be bringing more of the cards with me back to China then I send the details to friends in London and they use them to send me cheap calls.

Anyone in UK who has free calls during the day can also use these cards to call China - anyone who wants one let me know.   There is also a uk freephone number you can use but this cuts the minutes down to about 500 minutes per card.

Willy
« Last Edit: July 25, 2009, 01:20:21 am by Willy The Londoner »
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,