Author Topic: So much to learn...So little time!!!!  (Read 1562 times)

Scottish_Rob

So much to learn...So little time!!!!
« on: August 01, 2009, 07:37:01 pm »
Good God I've been on Chnlove since October 2008 and the amount of information that has been passed back and forth is truly amazing, for those members that will be going soon to meet their ladies (or not)  I strongly suggest you start from now and make up a notebook.:dodgy:

I have been more interested in sorting things for our wedding and my move there, that I never even took into consideration any tips that I  may find useful.:blush:  At the start of this journey these little snippets of information go over your head, you think they're embedded until you get to a later stage (like me).  So now I have to start from scratch and reread everything to get all that information that I KNOW I will need, for the next part of my journey.:huh:

However, if any of you nice people would like to enlighten me on some of those things, it will be truly welcome and appreciated.:angel:

Offline MLM

• Zhou Li Weng Maines
RE: So much to learn...So little time!!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2009, 08:41:53 pm »
Well Rob ol buddy first you have to make a profile for yourself on Chnlove.com and then you have to pick a woman you like and......:icon_cheesygrin:

J/K Rob....... just remember that if you say something to the affect that you will do or say something then to her it is like you promised to do or say it and if you don't want her or you to lose face then keep your words true.
You'll do fine Rob, hey at least she isn't a Sassenach, have fun.
any of you English please don't take offence, just joking.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2009, 08:42:09 pm by MLM »
TIME IS THE TELLER OF ALL TRUTHS AND THE HEALER OF ALL HURTS

Offline China Shark

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2009, 10:01:57 pm »
Rob, get with Arnold because at one point on the official forum he had everything broken down into exact numbers on the cost of the wedding. Maxx and some of the others that have been through the process should have some info too. Has anybody on here done the civil ceremony in China? If so I'de appreciate any and all information pertaining to this subject matter. I want to marry and then save for the extravagent traditional Chinese ceremony later in Beijing with her family. Sorry about the highjack yet was basicly in the same category. Rob, take it easy already, you are going to be so overwhelmed at first living here. It's a big change, you have the rest of your life to do this thing. I do admire your tenacity in deciding, I'de say you're just as crazy as I am in that respect. Give yourself a month before tackling all that stuff, time is on your side, you'll be living here so no worries.
China Shark Mike
Living life the way it should be. Following the path less traveled!!!!!!!!!

Arnold

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2009, 10:31:50 pm »
Alright , hence Shark Mike opened up his Mouth and show all his Teeth , I went back to the Facebook Forum and pick'd it up .
After 4 hour's and 25 minutes of searching , I found it . ( or was it 4 minutes and 25 second's ) ? You know while waiting for month's , minutes seem like hours .
Well Rob , hope that help's you some ... knowing how much to get from under your Kilt .. aaah I mean Mattress . :icon_cheesygrin:

Like I have posted in the other Forum , I spend about $4,000 for our Wedding . 50 people , open Bar , 14 course Meal , wedding company with five people taking care of everything and I mean everything , but the Location you want to have it .
3200 yuan for each table of ten ,times five .
1700 yuan three dresses for Qing and chinese outfit for me .
300 yuan for food for the wedding crew .
900 yuan for wedding candy ,two boxes for each guest .( expansive japanese Chocolate's ) .
5600 yuan for wedding company .
$ 500 dollar's for Qing's Parent's as a Gift .
1700 yuan would have been fior a wedding Car , but we used Qing's brother's BMW .
I think a wedding like this here in LA , would have been between $30,000 to $35,000 dollar's

Hey Guy's ... what do you know ... this was my " 888 " th post . I love that number and so does Nik and Fei .
« Last Edit: August 01, 2009, 10:36:23 pm by Arnold »

tommy x

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2009, 10:20:57 pm »
Quote from: 'Arnold' pid='10623' dateline='1249180310'

Alright , hence Shark Mike opened up his Mouth and show all his Teeth , I went back to the Facebook Forum and pick'd it up .
After 4 hour's and 25 minutes of searching , I found it . ( or was it 4 minutes and 25 second's ) ? You know while waiting for month's , minutes seem like hours .
Well Rob , hope that help's you some ... knowing how much to get from under your Kilt .. aaah I mean Mattress . :icon_cheesygrin:

Like I have posted in the other Forum , I spend about $4,000 for our Wedding . 50 people , open Bar , 14 course Meal , wedding company with five people taking care of everything and I mean everything , but the Location you want to have it .
3200 yuan for each table of ten ,times five .
1700 yuan three dresses for Qing and chinese outfit for me .
300 yuan for food for the wedding crew .
900 yuan for wedding candy ,two boxes for each guest .( expansive japanese Chocolate's ) .
5600 yuan for wedding company .
$ 500 dollar's for Qing's Parent's as a Gift .
1700 yuan would have been fior a wedding Car , but we used Qing's brother's BMW .
I think a wedding like this here in LA , would have been between $30,000 to $35,000 dollar's

Hey Guy's ... what do you know ... this was my " 888 " th post . I love that number and so does Nik and Fei .

IS THAT ALL, kind of cheap considering the engagement ring would cost that much.  marry Chinese does have some advantages

Arnold

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2009, 11:32:23 pm »
Well that's  ALL , for my Wedding . Haha
There are cheaper ones and of course more expensive ones . Depend's on how many People you invite and how many un-invited show up . :icon_cheesygrin:
« Last Edit: August 02, 2009, 11:32:48 pm by Arnold »

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
  • Moderators
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2009, 12:00:39 am »
Good to hear the numbers Arnold. My wife has figured our wedding to cost about this amount and she plans on 60 people as well.
This is the budget numbers she gave me:
Dining, buffet dinner, 199 * 113% (13% service fee) * numbers of guests roughly 60 = 13500
Renting a outdoor place for ceremony, 2000
Renting and decorating cars, 3000 ( a Benz or Cadillac with a auxiliary car)
Emcee, 1000
Photographing and pictures taking, 1000
Performance, 1000
Decorating, 3000
Wines fruits and snacks, 1000
Clothes and jewelry, 3000

So totally a rough 30000 RMB will be sufficient.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2009, 12:02:12 am by Rhonald »
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances