Author Topic: Different kind of Pic question  (Read 1755 times)

Offline Winter's End

Different kind of Pic question
« on: July 25, 2009, 02:14:43 am »
Hello all,

I've been lurking for a week or so and finding good info.  I've read enough posts that I'm now forming questions of my own, and am excited to be here.

This is my first post, and has to do with photos I sent with my first EMF. The lady lives far from the agency and communicates with the translator by phone.  However, in her response she mentions my pics.

So in the next letter I asked the translator if my pics were described or if the lady actually saw them. Here is the translator's response:

'Yes, I spoke to her on the phone, but we have another tool to communicate with her, and she can receive our pictures, so please don't worry, she could see your pictures as well.'

All of the posts I've read on pics were getting some from the ladies. I haven't run across this situation yet. I could come out and ask the translator what the 'tool' is, but do not want to be insulting. It is early on in my correspondence so I'm being careful.

Anyone here heard of this or possibly give some insight on what the 'tool' is? A Fax machine crossed my mind, but that seems to be a reach. Maybe sent to her cell phone?

Thanks in advance,
Robert

Offline Hajo

RE: Different kind of Pic question
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2009, 02:25:12 am »
Hello Robert, and welcome!

If it was me, I would leave a message for the translator in the end of the next EMF asking for the tool. As I read your post I thought of fax too. But you never know. Asking polite should not be considered insulting I think.
爱你的人如果没有按你所希望的方式来爱你,那并不代表他们没有全心全意地爱你。
Just because someone doesn't love you the way you want them to, doesn't mean they don't love you with all they have.

Offline Hans

• Once you go Asian you never go Caucasian
    • http://motpol.blogspot.com
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2009, 04:33:57 am »
Why not ask the lady directly? It's just a question out of curiousity. My lady is working in another city than where the agency is located, according to her she first receives my English EMF letter and later the translated version. The agency provided her with a special email address only used for communication with the agency, she said (I would say it is just like any email address). I guess it is different for each agency.

Offline JimB

• http://www.jandyenterprises.com
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2009, 09:12:43 am »
I would say Scott is correct.  She probably has an E-mail address that they do not want you to know about yet.  There are internet Cafe's all over in China.  So she could see it fine.
Maxx's 24 hour rule, learn it, live it.

David5o

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2009, 09:41:34 am »
The email address they use, is the same one, that you can pay 2 credits for on the chnlove profile, when available. Some need that email address, because of the distance they live from the agency, or that they have their own  or work computer, and choose to communicate with the agency via the computer. eg, receive translated EMF's /Emails, etc,etc.
All as far as i know, will be a Yahoo address, with the ladies profile name and a number. (not the profile number)

As i have pointed out in other posting, these email addresses are controlled by the agency, and are therefore not private. all correspondence from men will go through the normal translation process before being sent on to the lady. If the lady in question doesn't need the translation service, because of an adequate knowledge of English, the emails will still be monitored by the agency translator.

Hope that this gives a clearer understanding of how some of the ladies communicate/ keep in touch, with there agency's.....

David.....
« Last Edit: July 25, 2009, 09:43:11 am by David5o »

Offline Peter

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2009, 10:29:58 am »
I just asked my wife and she said that our translator send the photos and letters to her email address at her work. My wife didn't use her computer at her work to send email to me because she didn't want to use it for that purpose..
Better to be married to a wife from Changsha then have 7000 women in Chnlove

Vince G

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2009, 10:58:55 am »
You are all correct, it depends on the ladies access to....whatever. One use to get it faxed to her at work, another had it emailed. My lady is 5 mins from the agency so she stops in to pick it up. They print the photos on regular printing paper. I called them cheap bastards. They could at least use photo paper?

Arnold

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2009, 11:30:35 am »
Yes Vince , they should have Photo Paper for sale in the Gift section to use for that purpose .
« Last Edit: July 25, 2009, 11:31:26 am by Arnold »

Offline Josh Markley

• Inmate #cqa1265789
    • http://joshchinaadventure.blogspot.com/
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2009, 12:55:45 pm »
Xu Le was living in Beijing at the time we had met online.  The agency we used was in her home town in baoding.  when i sent amessage she recieved it by a phone call.  From what I have understood is she recieved all off my letter in english and translated to her personal e-mail address.  I know because she always comminted on my photos after I sent them.  So i know she recieved them.
麥杰德
QQ 859407630

Offline Jimmy

• Soon the Family will be Complete.
  • She Was A Wonderful Wife
    • Jim N Libo
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2009, 03:11:13 pm »
One of the girls I was writing to had the same problem and she told me that she had to go to the agency and they would print them for her once.

Kind of on this subject I have noticed that some times you can tell if your girl has a computer by watching your delivery times on an EMF I'm just guessing at this now but one girl I know that had a computer and internet service when I would write to her noticed she got delivery of the letter within minutes after it was sent. And another that I know did not have one took as much as 2 days to get it a few times but always at least 1 full day.

If anyone knows how this works for sure please enlighten us in fact a thread about it would be good so we dont hijack this one
 sorry Robert
Jimmy Henson

Offline Winter's End

« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2009, 08:22:42 pm »
Thanks for all the input guys. I appreciate your quick help.

I don't think she has a computer of her own, as replies are not super quick, but usually within 1 day.  Who knows though, as my replies back take longer than hers and I have a T1 network. lol.

I know literally hundreds of Asian people from several countries.  My ex is Chinese from a very old school family. I guess what I'm saying is I know all about the 'face' thing. Lots of experience in dealing with it from the school of hard knocks. lol. I am near positive if I came out and directly questioned the 'tool' it would be viewed as insulting .. because I am not taking their word for it and feel the need to press further. Pressing further means I don't believe them, which is insulting.

That's not to say the agency isn't taking advantage of the situation and hiding an existing email address the lady may have. They probably are. But that isn't the issue with face on this one .. it would be the fact that my actions would say to them 'I don't believe you.'

If it were you and me, in a non-Asian country: hey, what's the tool and how does it work .. oh, it's an XYZ-9000 and it works like this .. but we are not Asian.

Thanks again guys, I'm very glad I found this forum.
Robert