Author Topic: Urumqi/Beijing August 1 – 15  (Read 9671 times)

Offline Hajo

Urumqi/Beijing August 1 – 15
« on: July 25, 2009, 02:06:35 pm »
It is about to be my turn, hehe. Friday July 31st at 17:45 CET I will take off from Billund/Denmark. If everything goes as it is supposed to, I will be in Urumqi on August 1st at 18:30 Beijing time. The travel is estimated to take 20 hours.

I will give a short roundup for those who don’t know about our relationship.

April 13th – cupid note to Vicky, the adventure begins.
May  5th  -  first chat on QQ
May 8th – I have gotten my Chinese name ?? – Hao Jun – grand smart
May 17th – We agreed on marriage
May 19th – the first telephone contact
May 25th – We decided that Vicky should go to Denmark with me after my visit in August
May 27th – the last EMF
July 5th – Riots in Urumqi
July 7th – Internet blackout in Urumqi (by Chinese government), no contact possible
July 16th – Vicky is in Beijing for the weekend. Vi chat most of the weekend
July 20th – Vicky returns to Urumqi, no contact possible
August 1st - We meet in Urumqi

Well, as I will not be able to post from Urumqi I will give a short briefing on our plans so far.

Arrival 18.30 on Aug. 1st. From the airport we will take a taxi and go to Vicky’s apartment. That’s where I am going to stay. We will have home cooked dinner (yummi) and talk. On Sunday, we will go to translator offices to get some papers translated and to get them notarised. In the afternoon I will meet the elder sisters and their families. They are very sceptical about me. Since the riots they do not like my moustache. Chinese do not have beards; ok very few have a little. But the Uyghur, those who started the riots have. Now they think people with beards are bad.

On Monday, August 3rd we will get our marriage registered and after that we go to Beijing for the honeymoon, hehe! When we are in Beijing, I should be able to post again. On Tuesday we want to go to the Danish Embassy and apply for a tourist visa for Vicky. If she gets the visa she will be able to go to Denmark with me on August 15th. We will see.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2009, 02:09:04 pm by Hajo »
爱你的人如果没有按你所希望的方式来爱你,那并不代表他们没有全心全意地爱你。
Just because someone doesn't love you the way you want them to, doesn't mean they don't love you with all they have.

Arnold

RE: Urumqi/Beijing August 1 – 15
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2009, 02:46:57 pm »
Thanks Hajo , that makes it all clear for us . Yes , here comes the big " BUT " ... you left one thing out and I'm curious now . Are you going to shave your Mustache ???

Offline Hajo

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2009, 03:16:10 pm »
Well Arnold, I am going to keep it! I told Vicky that she could tell the family I couldn't take it of. The borderpolice might not let me get into China if the there is a different in the passport picture and the real me, hehe.

I told her that I would shave it off if she feels uncomfortable when kissing :icon_cheesygrin:
Just because someone doesn't love you the way you want them to, doesn't mean they don't love you with all they have.

Arnold

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2009, 03:23:40 pm »
Quote from: 'Hajo' pid='9884' dateline='1248549370'

Well Arnold, I told her that I would shave it off if she feels uncomfortable when kissing :icon_cheesygrin:

Okay , that might take about twelve day's before that happen's ( going by Scott's average ) , so that gives Vicky enough time to get used to it ... you know the cheek to cheek thing . :icon_cheesygrin:

Offline JimB

• http://www.jandyenterprises.com
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2009, 06:31:24 pm »
Haj, You are welcome to contact me when you are in Beijing.  I will be there from the evening of the 11th. So the 13-15th. We can have lunch or dinner.  If interested PM me and I will give you a number to call.  If not it is cool.
Maxx's 24 hour rule, learn it, live it.

Offline Danny

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2009, 07:06:37 pm »
Quote from: 'Hajo' pid='9884' dateline='1248549370'

Well Arnold, I am going to keep it! I told Vicky that she could tell the family I couldn't take it of. The borderpolice might not let me get into China if the there is a different in the passport picture and the real me, hehe.

I told her that I would shave it off if she feels uncomfortable when kissing :icon_cheesygrin:

Hajo, that reminds me of when my sisters and me were little kids. My father started to grow a moustache but we wouldn't let him kiss us because it was all whiskery on our cheeks, so off it came *laughs*

Offline Peter

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2009, 10:46:33 pm »
Good luck with all Hajo and viele spass :icon_cheesygrin:
Better to be married to a wife from Changsha then have 7000 women in Chnlove

Offline Hajo

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2009, 01:12:37 am »
Quote from: 'JimB' pid='9900' dateline='1248561084'

Haj, You are welcome to contact me when you are in Beijing.  I will be there from the evening of the 11th. So the 13-15th. We can have lunch or dinner.  If interested PM me and I will give you a number to call.  If not it is cool.

Hi Jim, I would love to meet in Beijing, but we are leaving for Urumqi again on the 10th. On the 11th Vicky has some family business to attend to and on the 12th her son is celebrating his birthday. Maybe som other time. I won't be the last time that I go to China.

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2009, 06:30:39 am »
hey JIm, he just don't wanna meet you mate.........LOL only joking guy's:angel::icon_cheesygrin:

Offline Darius

« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2009, 07:22:39 am »
Hajo... You lucky man...Its happening soon.

For Aug. 03 your wedding day my best wishes. Believe me a few bottles of cold beer here going to be killed on that day, a toast to both of you. It shouldnt go wrong. I can hear even the wedding bells ringing...

Wishing Vicky and you...a wonderful wedding celebration.

Have a nice trip and Viel Glück.

Offline JimB

• http://www.jandyenterprises.com
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2009, 09:02:11 am »
Good luck and if you have any trouble in Beijing, let me know.  Maybe my lady could help.
Maxx's 24 hour rule, learn it, live it.

Arnold

« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2009, 09:10:20 am »
Rob , Hajo doesn't want to meet a Man with Hand Cuff's . Why do you think a German is living in Denmark ?:s

Ok , stopped laughing .

We are so restless about your up coming Trip Hajo , and have you join our Married Club .

Offline Hajo

« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2009, 11:50:49 am »
Thanks for your support guys!

It's pure torture, the waiting time. Tomorrow it will be over. 2.30 pm I will leave for the airport. 1.5 hour drive and the take off is scheduled for 5.45 pm. Local danish time is Beijing time + 7 hours. 20 hours later I will arrive in Urumqi. I will try to write a little offline and post it Monday night when we get to Beijing.

BTW: 23 hours and 46 minutes until take off!!! :icon_cheesygrin: :heart: :icon_cheesygrin:

Offline Irishman

• Muireadach and Sunny
    • http://www.chinaromance.net
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2009, 11:58:42 am »
Best of luck Hajo, do keep us posted on your trip.
May the road rise to meet you (old Irish saying) and my wholehearted best wishes to you.
Become the change you want today, or all your tomorrows will be like yesterday.

Vince G

« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2009, 01:12:16 pm »
Hajo Hope you have a great time. I hope you can keep us up to date even with the problem of no internet.