Author Topic: QQ 2009 English Beta is out - has webcam support  (Read 5098 times)

Offline Irishman

• Muireadach and Sunny
    • http://www.chinaromance.net
QQ 2009 English Beta is out - has webcam support
« on: April 17, 2009, 02:56:34 am »
Its a lot easier to use than the previous 2005 version and has webcam support which i never figured out in the 2005 version.
In case you are wondering what it it - it's the Chinese version of ICQ and pretty much everyone with a computer in China uses it.

Go get it and get chatting with your lady !! - http://www.imqq.com/download.shtml
Become the change you want today, or all your tomorrows will be like yesterday.

Offline Jadams79

• http://www.myspace.com/norric_mitori
Re: QQ 2009 English Beta is out - has webcam support
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2009, 10:10:53 pm »
Vince there are a lot of cheap webcams firewire/usb just get to best buy you cheap sap and get one haha ^_^ webcams are to much fun, I would not pay more than 30 for one though, also another alternative is Jazz very cheap cameras most come supported as webcams, Mac & PC. This cheap little digital camera I got for 30 bucks has been the best digital camera I have owned, crystal pics and added bonus it works as a web cam.
Can't fix stupid.

Offline Carl

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2009, 11:41:53 pm »
I got a webcam recently at Walmart for $17.. seems to work fine, and certainly the price was right.

Offline Carl

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2009, 12:01:51 am »
No, Vince.  Only use PC's. Sorry.

Offline cdstg

• Craig
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2009, 01:46:48 am »
.pidgin
has a qq plugin its ok

http://www.pidgin.im/

Offline Ed W

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2009, 04:05:12 am »
Xindi and I just bought a webcam for about $10 for her to use with QQ but it appears she may have to upgrade. I have no idea what version she's running since her comps all in chinese. Some things here in China are cheap as hell....
Alright earthlings, what form do you want me to take?....How about a taco, ....that craps icecream?  My trip to china

Martin

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2009, 08:28:35 pm »
Sylvain...you did not miss anything.  If you are already using 2009 Beta, then you are already ahead of the game.

Offline Sylvain D

• oO0° SLY °0Oo
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2009, 01:22:16 pm »
Hi there.
There must be something I don't really understand through this topic, but...

I'm actually using QQ2009 beta, since many months, so, I don't think I need to upgrade to a newer version or anything else?
I can chat with webcam (but not with my lady, just because she still doesn't have one at the moment...) and I don't use mine. But I can talk to chinese persons who are on webcam...
Well, if I missed something on this topic, please say me :)
- Let's Rock -

Offline Okie_Rob

• ???
RE: QQ 2009 English Beta is out - has webcam support
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2009, 11:42:07 am »
uploaded QQ 2009 friday..... my fiancee and I QQ for about 3 hours yesterday and today.....
works really great!    They can understand this .... for most use in China anyway.....
there was about 12 million on line as were chatting( in the QQ system)..amazing
but great!!!:D
"USA, Wise Up!"  "美国,明智了! " "China has" " 中国有"

Offline JimB

• http://www.jandyenterprises.com
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2009, 04:36:23 pm »
I have had the 2009 Beta for almost 3 months, ever since I came back.  Angel and i use it every day once in the morning/evening and again in the evening/morning plus the week ends.  It is such a great thing for these long distance relationships, but as been written here there are some very weird ones out there on it.  I said in my blog about one girl who wanted to add me , I declined her with just that,"I do not know you, sorry".  She came back with words that I did not know could be translated into Chinese, she must have waited for the fleet a number of times in order to learn all that. And this comes from a Marine.  lol
Maxx's 24 hour rule, learn it, live it.

Chet Sams

« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2009, 07:59:28 pm »
Well for some reason my lady decided to vere away from QQ and use skype at this point. So now i just use skype. Seems to be alot less how shall i say a pain for us.

Offline Okie_Rob

• ???
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2009, 11:32:19 pm »
OK....here is my question on QQ.  I know and observed that you can export history of each day of correspondence.  One can also take web cam photos.  I did this.  The photo went into my pictures.  The correspondence whent into my documents.  I cannot open them.  Says....Not recoginized or something like that?.  I was wanting to print the correspondence for documentation.  Any pointers here would be appreciated.  I am sort of new at QQ and have not figured it out???:huh:
« Last Edit: June 01, 2009, 11:33:29 pm by Okie_Rob »
"USA, Wise Up!"  "美国,明智了! " "China has" " 中国有"