Author Topic: North, South, East, or West  (Read 1114 times)

Scottish_Rob

North, South, East, or West
« on: July 27, 2009, 04:26:59 pm »
I know this may sound silly guys but, can any of the computer whizz kids that belongs to this site, possibly download a map of China, it need to have the names of the cities on it, not bothered about towns etc, I for one would like to take a look at most of the places that the guy's ladies are from, i don't know if any one else would like to do that..  

Also it is a personal favour, because I have had a few job offers, and would like to see whereabouts they are in relation to where Keren lives.  I know I could possibly go searching, but that means every time I want to look, it's a case of going looking again, if there was one posted here in the campfire, i would know where to look straight away.

If you can that would be great, thanks guy's...:icon_biggrin::angel:

Vince G

RE: North, South, East, or West
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2009, 07:11:37 pm »
That's about it. I use Google Maps. Switch it to satellite and see as it actually is zoomed in. I told my lady to wave at the sky when she comes outside I might be watching?  :icon_biggrin:

Offline Neil

• happily married, working on immigration
  • Zhangping, Fujian bound.
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2009, 02:06:35 am »
Yeah Vince, I can't wait to be in China and show my girl Google Earth.  You can zoom right in and see my truck parked at my house.  Then I click Zhongshan and it zooms out and rotates the Earth and then zooms back in, great way to get a perspective of just how far away we really are.
...as irresistible as chocolate

David5o

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2009, 08:58:42 am »
The only trouble with Google Earth, is that the resolution over China isn't too good, Nowhere near the magnification of the Western countries. That's Communism for you, they have to control everything, and most of the time, they don't want you to see how things really are. Shame really, because they have some beautiful areas and places of interest.....

David....

Vince G

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2009, 09:10:01 am »
Google map isn't that bad? They don't have the birds eye view like the US but that's because of how they get it. This is just one I have, You can zoom in closer.
[attachment=395]
« Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 09:10:56 am by Vince G »