Author Topic: Hello everyone. From a Newbie in Ontario  (Read 5272 times)

rcsingle1

Hello everyone. From a Newbie in Ontario
« on: July 27, 2009, 11:23:13 pm »
Hello everyone,

I'm glad to be a member of this site. All the info that I have read so far has been very interesting. And I hope to learn a lot of tips from the "brotherhood". And perhaps some of my fellow Canadians that have gone through the marriage process can help take me through the paperwork process.

I just want to tell you a little about me, so you can get to know me more, and the lady I've been corresponding with. Now, I am a member of Chnlove, however I did not meet her there..... A different site.

We have been e-mailing for several months now. Hong's English is not very good, however she is learning. And, in turn, I have started learning Mandarin. Wow... what a difficult language. Are any of you guys in the same boat, where she knows very little English?
But, through her translator, we have been corresponding, and have managed to fall in love, and I'm planning on going there in April (perhaps sooner) to get married. I'm very excited that I have finally met someone that is right for me. For now, it is unfortunate that we cannot be together, however, I know that the wait will pay off in the long run.

I look forward to hopefully make some new friends on this site, perhaps meet some of you someday, and hearing all the great stories about how we have all taken a chance on love with someone 1/2 way around the world, and the wonderful future we have ahead.

Rob
:icon_cheesygrin:

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
RE: Hello everyone. From a Newbie in Ontario
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2009, 11:30:02 pm »
YAY!!  Another Ontarian.  Where in Ontario are you?

If you are looking for help, you can talk to Rhonald...he is in the process now...he is in Calgary.

I am likely going to use the services of an immigration place in Toronto.  If you want more information, let me know.

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2009, 11:33:32 pm »
Hi Rob

Looks like I am first to welcome you to this forum.    (Whoops -Make That 2nd - it looks like Martin got in first while I was writing this)
You will gather a great deal of good advice here.  Uncensored.  I now live in Zhuhai.  I came here with the same asperations as you but for me that first great love did not work out.  But I am doing well with my second.

You will love China.  I intend to spend many years here and I am one of the oldest, in age, on this forum.

Willy
« Last Edit: July 27, 2009, 11:35:22 pm by Willy The Londoner »
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2009, 11:37:57 pm »
I just want to tell you a little about me, so you can get to know me more, and the lady I've been corresponding with. Now, I am a member of Chnlove, however I did not meet her there..... A different site.

Don't let this bother you...we are a brotherhood for guys dating and marrying Chinese ladies.  We have no affiliation with any other web sites.  Most of our members come from chnlove...but not all.  You are welcome here all the same.

Arnold

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2009, 11:54:42 pm »
A great Welcome to you Rob .
Im from the southern part of Canada , the Los Angeles area .. Hehe .
As you can tell , we also have a sence of Humor . Do enjoy our Forum to the fullest and good luck with your current Lady .

Offline Chong

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2009, 04:17:11 am »
Welcome Rob ... Yay, another Ontarian ... Now, I don't have to talk to Martin as often, hahaha :icon_cool:

I also met my lady off-site and I'm moving to Southern China for a year. You'll enjoy the Brotherhood here. We joke around but we also tell-it-like-it-is. All the best with Hong. Which part of China is she from ???
« Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 04:18:09 am by Chong »

Offline MLM

• Zhou Li Weng Maines
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2009, 05:12:11 am »
Welcome to the brotherhood Rob, good luck and best wishes
TIME IS THE TELLER OF ALL TRUTHS AND THE HEALER OF ALL HURTS

Offline Hajo

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2009, 10:46:18 am »
Hello Rob,

and welcome. Well, my lady doesn't talk much english too. On Saturday I am going to find out how little! Yahooo!!! :icon_cheesygrin:
爱你的人如果没有按你所希望的方式来爱你,那并不代表他们没有全心全意地爱你。
Just because someone doesn't love you the way you want them to, doesn't mean they don't love you with all they have.

Offline China Shark

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2009, 11:18:28 am »
Hajo, looks like you don't talk much English either, lol. Just joshing wit you. Welcome to the land of the Eggmen. I just finally met the one I believe to be the one after 8 months, 6 months living in China. It's an amazing journey and you'll never regret it.
China Shark Mike
Living life the way it should be. Following the path less traveled!!!!!!!!!

Offline JimB

• http://www.jandyenterprises.com
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2009, 03:50:16 pm »
Welcome Rob,

Any questions you have will be answered.  You may not always like the answer but it will always be meant to help never mean.  This is a pretty unique place.  Everyone here is just here to help someone else.  If they are not, they find the door pretty quick.  The guys here will help you avoid the pitfalls, explain the ways to do things and even interpret something your girl says that will confuse you.   Good luck.
Maxx's 24 hour rule, learn it, live it.

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2009, 03:58:10 pm »
hi mate welcome to the mad house :icon_biggrin:

Don't listen to arnold, he suffers from memory loss (Don't tell him but it's an age thing:s) hehe, or it maybe something to do with eating too many 'Dumplings'.:angel:
« Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 03:58:54 pm by Scottish_Rob »

rcsingle1

« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2009, 04:48:58 pm »
Just want to say thanks, to all that have welcomed me to this site.
For all of you that are curious, I am from London, Ontario. Anybody from around here?
The woman that I hope to marry is named Hong, however I've given her an English name that I have always liked "Vivian". She is from Huludao, which is in Liaoning province, and is a Kindergarten teacher.
Are any of you guys headed up to that area?
I have been to China once before in 2003, in Shenzhen, to meet a girl, however, we did not get married, and her parents convinced her to stay there.
Hopefully, with Vivian, and I think that she's sincere, she will come here after we're married.

Offline Brian Mc

• Zhen Li
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2009, 07:17:13 pm »
Welcome Rob to the best group of guys you ever gonna meet!!  As has been said already you may not like some of the advice they give but its all heartfelt and with the desire to help us all succeed in our quest .  So strap yourself in you are gonna enjoy the ride.

Regards

Brian Mc

Offline Ed W

« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2009, 08:10:52 pm »
RC, my wife knows very little english. She's taken lessons for a while now and can read very well. She just doesnt know what the words mean. She pics up the meanings here and there but I'm not really stressing it since whe she's here she'll pick it up in no time. Even when we spent time together when I was there we used a pocket translator and body language. With all the barriers we had the greatest time. If your patient with her, and yourself, you'll learn a lot about each other and have lots of fun doing it.

Welcome to the brotherhood!
Alright earthlings, what form do you want me to take?....How about a taco, ....that craps icecream?  My trip to china

Arnold

« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2009, 12:36:36 am »
Hi Rob ,
don't listen to that other Rob !      :huh: Two Rob's ???? oh no , which one of you is from Iceland ?

Well anyway , hope you find Lady ( Vivian ) sson , I know she is somewhere around here . I'm still looking to find my Wife , I left her somewhere ... but can't remember where ?