Author Topic: Long Term Say in Beijing  (Read 2521 times)

Offline JimB

• http://www.jandyenterprises.com
Long Term Say in Beijing
« on: July 28, 2009, 04:06:33 pm »
Anyone staying more than a week in Beijing may be interested in these apartments I found.  they really look nice with a separate bedroom and living room, you can cook there, has Sat. TV DVD Player, etc. NO SQUAT TOILET.  and it only costs from about $43 US per night. Includes all utilities and internet and management fees.  24 hour security.  I am staying in the Ocean Breeze, I think.  I know the area and it is very nice.   But you must stay a minimum of 5 nights at a time.  They have them in different parts of the city too. here is the link.  http://www.mohotel.com.  Angel says it is nice but I have not stayed there yet.  The last time I was was in that area I paid about 100 US a night.  I will let you know in about 2 weeks. Actually 13 days 4 hours and 3 minutes.  But who is counting?

They also have a shuttle from the airport so no cabbie problems.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 04:08:00 pm by JimB »
Maxx's 24 hour rule, learn it, live it.

Offline Peter

RE: Long Term Say in Beijing
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2009, 10:51:05 pm »
Me and my wife is renting an apartment. We have done it from my first trip and I am very pleased with it. It is much cheaper, just like you said Jim, and it makes you feel a little more like home too. We don't cock anything at home except breakfast, instead eat almost every meal on a restaurant. With the prices for a dinner, about 50 Yuan for 2, it is much better than a hotel. My guess is that you can find apartments to rent in every city..
Better to be married to a wife from Changsha then have 7000 women in Chnlove

Offline Hajo

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2009, 11:28:10 pm »
Quote from: 'JimB' pid='10152' dateline='1248811593'

I will let you know in about 2 weeks. Actually 13 days 4 hours and 3 minutes.  But who is counting?

They also have a shuttle from the airport so no cabbie problems.

Well Jim, you are right, who is counting? ME, hehe! 2 days 6 hours and 46 minutes until touchdown in Urumqi! :icon_cheesygrin:

It is a shame that we going to miss each other by one day in Beijing. Maybe some other time. Have a safe and nice trip!
« Last Edit: July 29, 2009, 11:09:22 am by Hajo »
爱你的人如果没有按你所希望的方式来爱你,那并不代表他们没有全心全意地爱你。
Just because someone doesn't love you the way you want them to, doesn't mean they don't love you with all they have.

Offline Buzz

• XiuRu Zhang
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2009, 10:50:03 am »
Jim, thanks for the information.  Will add this to the list I send my lady to see if one is near her home.

Offline Josh Markley

• Inmate #cqa1265789
    • http://joshchinaadventure.blogspot.com/
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2009, 12:29:44 am »
Yeah Jim Thank you.  I think I am going back to beijing in nov or dec so this will be great since I will probably stay three weeks.
麥杰德
QQ 859407630

Offline JimB

• http://www.jandyenterprises.com
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2009, 09:54:13 pm »
Well it turns out we are not staying with this company.  Angel found us an amazing apartment near where she works.  2 bedroom 1.5 baths kitchen, living room, all utilities included except the internet for $660 a month for a years lease. $800 for 2 month lease. it has a glass enclosed balcony off of the bedroom on the 10th floor with  a great view of the city.  Internet cost is $14.00 a month for broadband. Comes completely furnished. and NO SQUAT TOILET!  She said I was too big to use one anyway. (I know what she really meant, lol)  The first thing she did was go out and buy a better mattress for our bed, thank god!  Then she stocked up on all the things I like. Dumplings (Yea Dinger and Bong you are not the only ones).  Wine and noodles.  On Monday night we talked and she said she was very tired.  She said she was cleaning our home.  I thanked her and all she said was that this was her job and she loved it.  She has taken her friends to see it and they all approved. I have not seen her this happy.  it makes me feel good to do this. She is moving in tonight provided they have the internet installed.
We have had a few words about the wedding.  I have put my foot down on the cost and she is now OK with it.  I told her I would give her all of the money for the wedding and i do not care how she spends it.  But that is all. I think she is happier now that I have done that. I put it all in her account and told her she could give all of it to Mama if she wanted, i did not care as long as we got registered in the Red Book.
So i guess we will keep the apartment after I come back. It will just be easier anyway.  Instead of having to find one every time I come there.  Even Chaching likes it. AS long as he does not jack the rent up we will be fine.  I guess it took some bargaining on her part because she told him I was from the US and all he saw was dollar signs.  She finally told him I was retired military and his faced dropped. LMAO
Anyway, I am getting excited to get going. Just 3 more days of working, then retirement, then headed to my love for at least 2 months.  Married on August 21st in Wuhan. In between meet with Irish and drink him under the table. lol.  I have a couch so he can pass out on it. lol.
I asked her what her family will think of us living together before we are married.  I did not want her to lose any face over this.  She said they were all fine with it as long as we are getting married.  So at least at this point all is right with the world.
I will open a new blog when I get there and keep everyone posted.  I hope and expect to be one of the very successful stories here.  
It is funny how we can tease each other. Even with the language difficulty.  She has the first month off also. I told her after the first week we will be sick of each other being together 24/7.  She said she would just kick me out and find me a job. But, i still had to do my husbandly duties.  She says in China she is the boss and in the US I am the boss.  I told her that wherever I am is US soil, so I  am the boss.  She just said typical American propaganda and we will see.  Man i know i am in trouble. I love this woman.
My sister made her a picture album.  She took a lot of my pictures from when I was born all the way until last week.  i showed her the album over the web cam.  she almost started crying.  I asked her why, she just said it was the nicest thing she could think of anyone doing. so two women in my life are happy. Actually three, my granddaughter already loves Angel.  They spent an hour or so on the web cam teasing  me the other week.  Afterwords my 8 year old granddaughter said she thought she really loved her because she could pick on me and i was happy about it.  Talk about an 8 year old going on twenty something.
I told my granddaughter that she could go back with me the next time I went after this trip. She talked me into opening up a savings account for her so she would have spending money when she got there. So she could take her new Grandma out for lunch and go shopping. I am telling you, I am in so much trouble. lmao
Maxx's 24 hour rule, learn it, live it.

Offline Chong

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2009, 11:16:58 pm »
Sarge [ Dad ] ... glad to hear everything's going well. I would start the Blog BEFORE going to China in case the Blogspot ban is still in effect. Then at least you can still post to your blog via email.

Have A Fun & Safe Trip !!!

Chonger [ Son ]

Offline maxx

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2009, 11:44:55 pm »
Sarge good luck and best wishes to you and your lovely lady.I hope this is everything you two dream it is.

24 hour rule is still in effect.you just have to tell your lady to wate while you talk to us.So we can try to figure out what she is thinking.

Just messing with you Grandpa.Have the time of your life.

Offline Sylvain D

• oO0° SLY °0Oo
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2009, 01:55:56 am »
Well, Jim, thanks for sharing it with us and thanks for the recent update :)
660 $ / month, it is also a good price, I think.
Is it a recent builind where you are or not at all?
Anyway, I'm happy you can live with your lady there, up to both of you get married, and it's also nice to see that her parents can let both of you live together until the marriage ;)
- Let's Rock -

Offline Irishman

• Muireadach and Sunny
    • http://www.chinaromance.net
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2009, 03:06:20 am »
Sounds good Jim. Looking forward to to trying out the "China Dry" with you in Beijing in a couple of weeks :D
Become the change you want today, or all your tomorrows will be like yesterday.