Author Topic: Operation Chongqing  (Read 53748 times)

Offline Sylvain D

• oO0° SLY °0Oo
Operation Chongqing
« on: May 05, 2009, 05:05:02 pm »
Hi guys ;)

Things haven't changed about travelling in June to go and visit Ting in Chongqing.
The letters we write to each other show our "common determination", wanting to see each other ASAP, and the feelings are still stronger.

So, I will be there from 21 June to 27 June.
For sure, yes, a week is short. But for those who can remember, at first, I wanted to go there for 2010, then for 2009, October, and since a few months, it is June, sure.
I have to admit that I envy lot of you who went in China and were very happy there. A special thought for Ronan who really amazed me with his story, and that "roman" he wrote each time he could ;)
Days are going and passing one by one, slowly but surely.. May is here, and so, in a couple of weeks, June will be here, too.
I have left a bit practising chinese because I had other "preoccupations" and could not really concentrate myself to learn some new words...
I do not even know if I could really help myself in a tramway....
God ! I'm just thinking to myself I could be lost for good, over there... as I could not understand what is written in ideograms...
Maybe should I practise again, spending some more time with learning chinese.
Ok my sentences in chinese are quite poor, so are the ideograms i can write... and understand... :mrgreen:
In fact, I have to say that it could be funny... and could not really be... for sure.
I would really understand my lady, once I will be there.. But what would happen if she just can't understand me if i can't speak chinese correctly...
So, I think I need to "take myself in hands" and to study like a good boy would do..

I reserved a room in a hotel, which is... Hilton.
Yes, the price aren't really cheap, but I do think that for the days I will be there, it can be a "nice travel" in all "criteria". For sure, I could have found other hotels cheaper, but ... I like sometimes having some part of "luxury", even if it is for a short period. And I do believe that Hilton hostels are really nice for many things.. (I just ask myself if I could see Paris Hilton over there.... lol)

I need to get my passport to be done, in fact I have all administrative papers, I got just a problem with the administration, (hometown) because they asked me a copy of my birthdate, with my parents names & so on...
The fact is that I had to ask to many hometowns before having the correct answer. As I was adopted, did I have to put my biological parents's name, or just my adoptive's one? Nobody except one hometown near where I live could tell me that I only had to put my adoptive's one, because they were as my real parents, that's all... and they didn't really understand why others hometowns wanted me to put my older family name with all the informations that I could never had (because I just know the family name, nothing else... )
Some researches about it have to be done, but it's not its righteous place, here, or shall I better say, in that topic.

So, once I will get my passport, I wil have to get my visa and all things will be clear.
I just have to get all of if before the end of this month, just to say that it's done.

I just don't know yet if I would buy any laptop to go over there, or if it's not really "recommanded" or necessary"...
AS there would be internet to Hilton's hostel, in fact?

I think it's all I can say at the moment.
I will update this topic if I have any new infos & so on.

Sylvain,
- Let's Rock -

Offline maxx

Re: Operation Chongqing
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2009, 07:16:15 pm »
Sylvain you speak French and English.You do better then most of the people on here with your English.I think Chinese will be  easy for you.Just keep at it and keep your head up.All of us here at the brothehood are behind you.And yes we do need thoose daily up dates.

Offline Hajo

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2009, 11:10:18 pm »
Sylvain, I am pretty sure Ting and you will find out how to communicate. I am going to have the same problem with my lady when I am going to Urumqi. My chinese isn't that good either. Like yourself I have so many other things to take care of.

I can remember Sgt. Jim had bought at Super 5000 I tink it was called. He told he was very happy with the machine. Maybe he has some more details on it. I think I will buy such a powertoy myself. My lady has our translator as the only person to practice her english with. So, her english will be very basic when I get there. I guess I have to kick myself in the behind and get learning again, hehe.

Good luck with getting your papers done. We are all behind you!
爱你的人如果没有按你所希望的方式来爱你,那并不代表他们没有全心全意地爱你。
Just because someone doesn't love you the way you want them to, doesn't mean they don't love you with all they have.

Arnold

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2009, 02:26:57 am »
Sylvain , believe us , we are counting the day's with you , till it's time to be with your Lady . Ask her which would be easier for her to learn ? English or French ? Hehe . Maybe you two could compromise on Italian ? hehe

Offline Irishman

• Muireadach and Sunny
    • http://www.chinaromance.net
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2009, 11:00:45 am »
Sylvain, I wish you the best, I'm certain that Gallic charm will work its wonders and she'll be swept off her feet :)
Become the change you want today, or all your tomorrows will be like yesterday.

Offline Sylvain D

• oO0° SLY °0Oo
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2009, 03:33:24 am »
Hi guys ;)

Many thanks first for your comments and advices,too :)
I'm sure that it's better for Ting to go on learning english as it is more "easy" than learning and speaking french.
About my administratives papers, today, I will go to do my passport, and then, when I will get it in a few days, I will do my visa ASAP.

I just think and see that days are going very very slowly before leaving for Chongqing.
But I have some time to do things as I want, so that's still a good thing.

I will try to see if I buy a laptop or not. For sure, I will find any web access over there, so, there should be no problem to post and to give any news ^^
I have to see, too, about having a blog where I could post easily.

Or maybe will I do it from my webspace... I'll see.
http://spaces.msn.com/titekus

Maybe will I use this one, I will see. (there's nothing really related to China, just any pictures from me, friends.. and any mucic's list.)

Thanks again for you to be here & there, with me, and your way to "encourage"/motivate me more and more ;)
- Let's Rock -

Offline RobertBfrom aust

• Sujuan [Yo ] is my tai tai
  • Robert and Sujuan [Yo ] at home .
    • bopads.info
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2009, 07:14:29 am »
Well done Sylvain , you will be going into shirt sleeve weather as the last few days have been quite warm alreadyand as I will not be there till August to coincide with my Yings birthday I will be reading your info although we spend many hours chatting every pm , her time , funny though I am also staying at the Hilton Hotel .
Pretty good rates although we will only be there 3 nights before disappearing for a week hehe .
Now it is early to bed and late to rise .
My QQ is   1994376895
For electronics and books etc , check out , www.bopads.info

Offline Sylvain D

• oO0° SLY °0Oo
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2009, 03:08:43 pm »
Eheh Robert;) for sure, the rates are quite nice and I could even go swimming just after waking up every morning, for 5 days.. except if Ting and I would go anywhere else, but we'll have to see because it seems she can't have any hollidays when I'll be there. But she'll find some free time to be with me whenever possible, after her work and maybe anytime else?
Well, I'll see. But I know I will have many things to do, once I'll be there ^^

Actually, I went to the townhall and I gave all the administrative papers to get a passport... but.. here's a problem, which may could not be one, though.
Doing or renewing passport : approximatively 3 weeks. So mine would be ready for june, 10 th, approximatively.
But... actually, there will be some new biometrical passports. And to get one : only one week or approximatively 10 days... So, I don't know if I will get a normal one or a biometrical one... I just guess that for a biometrical one, they would need some digits of me, right?

And for the visa, it should be a week, maybe a bit less. I just will have to speed up to get one ASAP I will get my passport :)
- Let's Rock -

Offline RobertBfrom aust

• Sujuan [Yo ] is my tai tai
  • Robert and Sujuan [Yo ] at home .
    • bopads.info
RE: Operation Chongqing
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2009, 08:25:18 am »
Sylvain , just touching base , hope you have received your passport by now and operation ChongQing is underway , regards Robert .
Now it is early to bed and late to rise .
My QQ is   1994376895
For electronics and books etc , check out , www.bopads.info

Offline JimB

• http://www.jandyenterprises.com
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2009, 09:28:00 am »
Sylvain,

Yes, we got the Besta and it works really well.  Angel uses it all the time when we chat on QQ.  Most every hotel in China now has internet access so I am positive Hilton would have it.  I could not go anywhere without my laptop.  I do so many things with it.  
I hope you have gotten all your papers in order.  It would be terrible to not be able to go now because of some little thing.  Good Luck, have a blast.  Keep us updated we are all nosy and want to know what is going on. lol
Maxx's 24 hour rule, learn it, live it.

Martin

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2009, 10:21:29 am »
Just make sure you have a plug adapter for your computer

Offline UK Mark

« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2009, 02:14:44 pm »
Sylvain - Good luck and Best wishes for your trip :)

Plug adapter ---- ebay :) just search for uk plug adapter china

:D
Dreams can come true

Offline UK Mark

« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2009, 03:29:26 pm »
LOL sorry Mike  hehehe forgot you are from the US
Dreams can come true

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2009, 04:05:50 pm »
Mark u remember I'm from the UK too............lol

Sorry mate couldn't resist

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2009, 05:45:44 pm »
He he mine won't mate she KNOWS  good things come in SMALL packages..........lol