Author Topic: Going to Shenzhen.  (Read 4038 times)

Offline Sylvain D

• oO0° SLY °0Oo
RE: Going to Shenzhen.
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2009, 05:03:43 pm »
She's a very nice lady to help, for sure :)
Well, have sweet dreams and tomorrow (in a few hours right now in fact) she will be there, with you :)

Have a nice trip once again, and we're all here, behind you, waiting for another part of your story ;)
- Let's Rock -

Offline Neil

• happily married, working on immigration
  • Zhangping, Fujian bound.
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2009, 06:35:28 pm »
Quote from: 'JohnJohn' pid='8708' dateline='1247762388'

They took me a couple steps to the side and asked me if it was my first time here, what is my reason, where am I going and all that.

What was your answer?  It's none of their business, I'd tell them I'm on vacation (as I will be).
...as irresistible as chocolate

Offline Sylvain D

• oO0° SLY °0Oo
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2009, 05:14:42 am »
Neil, I think that replying "none of your business" would surely not be a good idea if John would had said that at the Immigration "service" at the airport.
Just because it is best viewed to have a "friendly face" and not looking everywhere every second, and so on; maybe that John has any "origins", so that may could explain too why he was asked what he was doing in China.
- Let's Rock -

Offline Neil

• happily married, working on immigration
  • Zhangping, Fujian bound.
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2009, 12:08:54 pm »
Quote from: 'Sylvain D' pid='9026' dateline='1247994882'

Neil, I think that replying "none of your business" would surely not be a good idea if John would had said that at the Immigration "service" at the airport.
Just because it is best viewed to have a "friendly face" and not looking everywhere every second, and so on; maybe that John has any "origins", so that may could explain too why he was asked what he was doing in China.

I didn't mean to tell them that you think it's none of their business.  I'd say vacation.  What did you tell them Sylvain?
...as irresistible as chocolate

Offline zook144

« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2009, 12:41:13 pm »
Quote from: 'JohnJohn' pid='8708' dateline='1247762388'

Hotel room is awesome. Its like a mini apartment. Hotel staff extremely friendly. Room has a desk with a computer.

JohnJohn,
If you don't mind my asking, what is your hotel. I may be headed for Shenzhen in October. Time will tell.
Don
The Journey Is The Destination

Offline China Shark

« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2009, 05:00:29 am »
Guys, stop paying tourist prices for nice hotels. You could get a nice four star with in room internet connections and all the usual ammenities for 198 rmbs {$29.} Vienna Hotel. If you really are trying to say money you could do the youth hosten route for 60 rmbs a night and they are actually pretty comfortable too.
China Shark Mike
Living life the way it should be. Following the path less traveled!!!!!!!!!

JohnJohn

« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2009, 06:57:17 am »
Heading out to dinner here shortly with her and a friend. Will put out a update later in  the next day or two.
Not sure what "origins" means in earlier post. I thought it best not to piss anyone off at the airport. Because it is China. Never being here not sure what to have expected and all that.
Just switched to a cheaper hotel. China Shark is right about the hotels. Switched over to a cheaper hotel near the train station for about half the cost. Its not as nice but its good. Cant remember the name of the other hotel. Will find the paper and put the name and price later for the old place and the new one. Girls room mate did alot of research for us and called half the hotels in the city asking about service and prices. I am actually happier moving to the cheaper hotel. It has internet of course too. Its not wireless but you can just plug in the cable to your laptop and your surfing. I guess facebook is not allowed in China. Didnt know that before. At least cant access it.
  Western Food is outrageous expensive here. So if you have never been here before and are planning a trip best to get accustomed to Chinese food. There is one big road out here that has several hundred stores too with all electronic items. Computers, parts, camera, etc. Prices range from rock bottom to "are you kidding me?" It seems to depend on what area your in.
Went to see a movie last night too. Transformers was in English with Chinese subtitles. So that was a bonus. Ok everyone is here. Need to get going.

Quote from: 'China Shark' pid='9185' dateline='1248080429'

Guys, stop paying tourist prices for nice hotels. You could get a nice four star with in room internet connections and all the usual ammenities for 198 rmbs {$29.} Vienna Hotel. If you really are trying to say money you could do the youth hosten route for 60 rmbs a night and they are actually pretty comfortable too.
China Shark Mike