Author Topic: My First in China  (Read 2542 times)

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
My First in China
« on: July 24, 2009, 03:27:58 am »
Hi Everyone.  This shouldread my first month in China
I am now coming near to my first month living in Zhuhai so I thought I would give you an insight into my experiences.
I am one of the older members of this forum having celebrated my 60th birthday during this past month.
Having gone through the route of contacting several ladies on Chnlove I cut this down to three and finally ended up with the one.
Like many of you we got on well by EMF and then soon she gave me her cell phone and we talked for at least a hour a day for several months.    Our plans were made for the next ten years and we decided that we would marry.  
But just a warning you make well know a lot about the lady before you meet but it is the actual face to face meeting that is important.  
I arrived in Zhuhai and although she was quite attractive we both realised within a short time that the important chemistry was just not there.   We are now just very good friends.
But with her help I now have a great place to live and still get on with her family and through her I have now met a new lady and we both had that immediate attraction to each other.
She now lives with me most of the week and I have had more fun with her than I have had in a long long time and we are getting along fine and I will keep you posted on this as things progress.  
But just remember no matter how well you think you know the lady before you meet it is those early few days that will make or break a relationship.
What else has happened from the number of people that have given me cellphone numbers I know that whatever happens I will always have female company available if things do not go well with this new love.
Apartments are cheap and my maid costs just 600 CNY a months and she cooks, washes, irons and cleans the apartment and she has four days off a month.
Taxis are cheap and they do not like taking tips.  I had a 14cny taxi ride and gave him 15 and he run after me with my 1 yuan change. Restaurant staff do not take tips.  Everyone works hard at what they do.  Everyone is very friendly and they think its great to say hello in English.  Many know some English words but have probably never used one to an English speaking foreigner and they are shy about doing so.
Just a small insight into my first month here.  I am returning to the UK in a week or so to arrange my bank transfers now I have an account here then I cannot wait to get back here. Maybe less than a week in UK and back here.

Willy
« Last Edit: August 17, 2009, 02:20:46 am by Willy The Londoner »
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline RobertBfrom aust

• Sujuan [Yo ] is my tai tai
  • Robert and Sujuan [Yo ] at home .
    • bopads.info
RE: My First in China
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2009, 03:37:07 am »
Great insight into your 1 st month , are you going to eventually look to work over there , regards Robert
Now it is early to bed and late to rise .
My QQ is   1994376895
For electronics and books etc , check out , www.bopads.info

Offline Peter

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2009, 04:47:26 am »
Give it your best time Willy and enjoy every minute
Better to be married to a wife from Changsha then have 7000 women in Chnlove

David5o

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2009, 05:36:26 am »
Willy,

You seem to have made a new home and base for yourself there now, i'm sure you'll not regret it either. Just goes to show, there's life in them there old bones. hahaha!!

Glad you pointed out the importance of those face to face meetings, If the chemistry doen't work between you, ...it's a lost cause!!

All the best to you on your life's newest adventure Willy...

David....

Offline MLM

• Zhou Li Weng Maines
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2009, 07:05:08 am »
Congrats Willy, I know you'll be fine, your lady wont let you be anything less. :icon_cheesygrin:
TIME IS THE TELLER OF ALL TRUTHS AND THE HEALER OF ALL HURTS

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2009, 07:21:29 am »
Congrats willy, glad your settling down:icon_biggrin:

Offline Darius

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2009, 08:19:19 am »
Willy,

Your lucky buddy. Happy for you. Its amazing how you managed to make the best of your trip. Hope we will hear soon something about the marriage and more about your experiences in your new home. I wish you all the best.

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2009, 10:57:29 am »
Wile the Coyote never seemed to have any luck, but Willy the Londoner has great success:icon_biggrin: Great job and a wealth of information.

Just a pre-caution: Don't buy anything from Acme Corporation:icon_confused:
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances

Offline China Shark

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2009, 11:20:39 am »
Willy, it's great to hear another success story reguardless of whether it was the first one or not. It's not who you finish with but how you finish and in what style. Many of us were disappointed at first but eventually found the way to the one that makes all of our days special.
Willy, look me up one of these days, I'm only two hours away from you. When Jimmy rolls into town we'll both take a drive up and hang out for a bit if you like.
China Shark Mike
Living life the way it should be. Following the path less traveled!!!!!!!!!

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2009, 07:58:45 am »
Thanks to all

I am fortunate in so much that I do not have to go out to work.  I have a small regular income and I also have a small internet business that I am running from here now.  The internet here is very fast.  I am lucky in that respect.   In London I just got by every week - here I live very well.

I had cards from two banks with me.  I made one withdrawal from each and then when I tried for the 2nd on each the transaction failed.  I had to ring the banks in UK to get the problem lifted.  Now I always use the same bank and have not had a problem since.

Anyone over here or coming over then  these are my phone numbers Home 8598129   Cellphone  13727851206

I have met a number of 'foreigners' here but no one off this forum yet.    Short of an emergency I would hope my short trip back to the UK next week will be the last for a long long time.

Anyone making their first visit to Zhuhai then let me know if you would like me to meet you at the ferry terminal - I know its sometimes daunting arriving in a strange country on your own.    Watch out for the unlicensed drivers who pretend to be taxis - same as any major airport.  They want 50 cny for a normal 10 cny fare.

Willy the Londoner
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,