Author Topic: Marriage License  (Read 1163 times)

Offline JimB

• http://www.jandyenterprises.com
Marriage License
« on: August 06, 2009, 04:14:48 pm »
This is for the guys who are actually married.  What type of proof did you get when you married?  I am told for her to be protected and get some of my benefits, i have to have a "Marriage License".   I am sure whatever you got was in Chinese.  You know the government, they need to make it 5 times harder than it needs to be.  I was thinking of taking it to the US Embassy, have it translated and notarized but am not sure exactly what document we get.  Thanks.
Maxx's 24 hour rule, learn it, live it.

David5o

RE: Marriage License
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2009, 04:21:12 pm »
Jim,

I would imagine any document that is translated and notarized by your own embassy will be accepted proof of the legality of that document ..... I can't see any Gov' dept' not accepting there own governments notary ......

David.....

Offline JimB

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2009, 04:33:34 pm »
I am really not worried about that part.  It is what kind of document you get.  It must be acceptable to the government to begin with.
Quote from: 'David5o' pid='11293' dateline='1249590072'

Jim,

I would imagine any document that is translated and notarized by your own embassy will be accepted proof of the legality of that document ..... I can't see any Gov' dept' not accepting there own governments notary ......

David.....

Want to Bet?
« Last Edit: August 06, 2009, 04:35:15 pm by JimB »

Offline Bob

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2009, 04:42:13 pm »
Hi Jim, You and your wife will each receive a red book. (this is what I received) The book is in Chinese obviously, sorry no English translation. The book will contain your personal information, name,birth dates of you and your wife,country, date the marriage was registered, passport number,your wife's I.D number, a registry number, and the book will have been stamped at the registry office in red ink and signed. Your wife's book will contain much of the same information except it will contain her personal information. Each book will also contain a photograph of you and your wife together with a red background. below is a picture of the little red book.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2009, 06:24:43 pm by Vince G »

feisnik

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2009, 04:42:56 pm »
You get a red book and usually in the same office you get a certificate that is notarized and translated in to English. You and she will both need this as you go through the visa process. It is the same process that you do with the birth certificate and certificate of no criminal activity.

Offline JimB

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2009, 05:09:37 pm »
Thats what I need to know.  Thanks guys.