Author Topic: I was lucky last trip  (Read 2642 times)

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
I was lucky last trip
« on: August 06, 2009, 11:15:28 pm »
I am on yahoo chat right now with my wife talking about making my next trip in October. We plan on holding a wedding ceremony on October 20th, since we did not have one when we registered or marriage in February. By checking my passport I see that I have to enter China before October 17th, since this is when my 2nd visa expires.

I think I was lucky because on my last trip in May I arrived May 19th, but my 1st visa had expired on May 14th. I never even realized this untill today.

Has anyone else ever travelled and squeaked by on an expired visa?

And back in May I thought my major worry was being stopped at the border because of swine flu :-/
« Last Edit: August 06, 2009, 11:15:59 pm by Rhonald »
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances

Offline maxx

RE: I was lucky last trip
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2009, 11:57:38 pm »
no I always double check things like passport and visas

Offline metooap

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2009, 12:04:10 am »
No,

I make sure I have a mutliple enrty VISA with a max of 30 days for each visit!

I do not spend the 30 days - i wish I could. But I have them there just in case, I go nuts, or I am held hostage by my fiancee; In fact, she basically took my passport and gave it back only when I was getting ready to get on the plane. She was going to make sure, I stayed with her the whole time I said I would stay. Man she really twisted my arm. I would have stayed passport or no passport!

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2009, 12:21:15 am »
OOPS - guys I had a brain fart. My first visa was for double entry and I went in December 08 and February 09. Visa expired in May. My second visa was once again double entry - they wouldn't give me multiple entries. So I used my 1st entry on my 2nd visa in May. I can return once more on this visa before October 17th. So I jumped to the wrong conclusion. Shows what happens when I multi-task: I was on Yahoo Chat, also writting on the site, and checking my passport, and making wedding plans.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2009, 12:21:52 am by Rhonald »

Offline metooap

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2009, 12:26:26 am »
Rhonald,

Will you be ok? VISA expires Oct 17th; wedding Oct 20th?

How long is your VISA and visit for in Oct?

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2009, 12:34:05 am »
Metoop the visa states: Enter before 17OCT2009 Duration of each stay 030 Days after entry
So I should be okay. I will plan on staying for about 10 to 14 days.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2009, 12:35:23 am by Rhonald »

Offline metooap

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2009, 04:12:47 am »
Rhonald,

Ok

I agree you should be okay!

Have a great trip. I will be headed back the end of September.

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2009, 09:37:58 am »
Quote from: 'metooap' pid='11420' dateline='1249632767'

Have a great trip. I will be headed back the end of September.

Thanks Metoop, and I must commend you on your articule about the race thread. Great attitude - yes it's not the cards you are dealt but how you play them.

Besides, the only race I know are the 5k, 100 meter dash, marathon, or Indy 500. Oh ya - and the human race.

Your story was a great read and put a smile on my face.  :icon_biggrin:

Offline metooap

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2009, 01:13:41 am »
Rhonald,

Thanks, I am glad you enjoyed reading the post!

I agree with your comment about the 5K, and Indy 500. Really we are moving in that direction and folks do not really recognize it.

I have been following your posts for sometime. The different  pictures you have posted are outstanding. In addition to learning how to use the chopsticks, I love the instruments you show. I asked my fiancee about them, and see started singing me a beautiful song asking me to join in. I quickly changed the subject! I can't sing a lick!

Have a great trip in October, I will be headed back at the end of September to start the wedding process. Life is really good!

Arnold

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2009, 01:38:24 am »
Quote from: 'metooap' pid='11636' dateline='1249708421'
I love the instruments you show. I asked my fiancee about them, and see started singing me a beautiful song asking me to join in. I quickly changed the subject! I can't sing a lick!

Hahaha , that is soooo funny .... either can I . But ... of course my Wife thinks otherwise . Haha

Offline metooap

« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2009, 02:24:57 am »
Arnold,

Isn't it amazing that they can look into our eyes and sing with such beauty....and all we can do is smile.. and try to keep up. We probably do this in many areas - hun. Try to keep up!

Arnold

« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2009, 03:04:25 pm »
Oh you bet . After all , she said Love will let us do many HARD thing's together . Including singing , I figure . She might start to rephrase that really fast . :icon_cheesygrin: Like the word  " some " . Haha

Offline Chong

« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2009, 01:52:26 pm »
Rhonald,

I don't know why they wouldn't give your more ... especially since you're married with a Chinese national. I'm not married yet ... but I asked for an 'One Year Multiple Entry" and ended up with a "6 Months Mulitple 90 days" VISA. My explanation was that I travel for business and to visit my financee.

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2009, 10:31:46 pm »
Quote from: 'Chong' pid='11837' dateline='1249840346'

Rhonald,

I don't know why they wouldn't give your more ... especially since you're married with a Chinese national. I'm not married yet ... but I asked for an 'One Year Multiple Entry" and ended up with a "6 Months Mulitple 90 days" VISA. My explanation was that I travel for business and to visit my financee.

To be honest Chong - I only asked the first time I applied for a visa. The second time I assumed (insert donkey joke here) they would only give me the same so I only applied for the two entery visa for 6 months.

feisnik

« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2009, 12:09:29 am »
Hmm, I am married, so I ask for the 2-year multiple entry visa that is not listed on the form. And I got it too! You need to send in proof of your marriage, but I had no problems getting this. Chinese national expats can also get this visa if they ask. I am glad that I used a good visa agency that educated me about this!

For the record, I have always used http://www.visamailservice.com/ they are the best!