Author Topic: Ed, The American Sock  (Read 8111 times)

Paul Todd

Re: Ed, The American Sock
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2009, 06:18:52 am »
:D
Well done my friend. Best wishes to you both! What a shining example you are to all of us. :mrgreen:

Offline Norb Smith

« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2009, 11:42:22 am »
Congrats Ed and Xindi I am really happy for you both, and I am very sure she is spoiling you big time, and I am like the rest of the bros very envious and jealous Again Best wishes to you both, wonder if it catching like a cold... :lol:  :mrgreen:
To have good neighbors, you need to be a good neighbor

Offline TomFisher

« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2009, 05:55:45 pm »
Hey Ed, let me add  my congrats to the list.  I will be in your shoes, or is it socks or is it.... whatever I'm headed over in a couple weeks.  Mine is pretty much a done deal as well, I just got an email that said she reserved our banquet hall.  I find it hard to believe that she got seating for 48 and 15 different foods for 1350 RMB which is less than $200 USD.  I am sure you will spoil your laopo a little too.

Best wishes to you and the Mrs.

Tom

Offline China Shark

« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2009, 09:23:43 pm »
Way to go Ed, Happy for the both of you and thier is no jealousy on my part here. I've more than enough to deal with on my plate here now. Tell your new bride that Michael says hi from Shenzhen. If you are ever around these parts both of you need to come visit and I'll buy you dinner. We're all behind you brother.
China Shark Mike :mrgreen:
Living life the way it should be. Following the path less traveled!!!!!!!!!

Offline Irishman

• Muireadach and Sunny
    • http://www.chinaromance.net
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2009, 12:10:34 am »
Way to go Ed!, congratulations on getting married, I'm not jealous, no not me!!
Become the change you want today, or all your tomorrows will be like yesterday.

Offline maxx

« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2009, 12:47:04 am »
congradulations Ed It is alot different on this side of the fence.Hope you find the journey well worth the effort.

Offline Ed W

« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2009, 08:29:12 pm »
Finally got a break yesterday from all the running around we had to do and got some leisure time with my wife. Today is our wedding, she only told me last night after I asked when it was, so she's out having her hair done and i'm hangin at the hotel relaxing.

I uploaded an assload of pics to my flickr spot. http://www.flickr.com/photos/edchangchun/

Blog is at http://edchangchun.blogspot.com/ and it seems the only time i get up update it is at like 3 and 4 am each morning, or until she wakes and realizes im not there and drags my but back in bed. haha
Alright earthlings, what form do you want me to take?....How about a taco, ....that craps icecream?  My trip to china

Offline David

« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2009, 09:39:26 pm »
I am so happy for you Ed!  Congratulations for you and Xindi! :D

I'll have to remember to bring my slippers to China!  Hehehe...

Offline maxx

« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2009, 10:40:26 pm »
Ed read your blog congradulations to you and your lovely lady.It is a wild ride enjoy the trip.

good luck
Maxx

Offline RobertBfrom aust

• Sujuan [Yo ] is my tai tai
  • Robert and Sujuan [Yo ] at home .
    • bopads.info
« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2009, 12:30:20 am »
Ed congratulations to you and your beloved and I am also blown away by your pictorial diary , I guess that is a complete memory to have for a lifetime , guess I will have to update my camera for my next visit as last time I only took about 150 photo's , regards Robert . :oops:
Now it is early to bed and late to rise .
My QQ is   1994376895
For electronics and books etc , check out , www.bopads.info

Offline Ed W

« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2009, 11:28:55 am »
In my wildest dreams, yes. Feet planted firmly on the ground?.... felt more like a pipedream.

But here I am and hangin on tight. haha.

Ya know. As the plane grew closer and closer to the destination I kept thinking what if, what if, what if....

Well, turns out she's more spectacular than any of my wildest dreams. She's fun, playful and got a good sense of hunor. She's not uptight and stiff and loves to laugh and smile. Her sense of duty is strong and she doesn't let me infringe on her "responsiblities" and it's something that takes some getting used to but it's in her blood. The old saying, and it's kind of an ugly one but it applies in concept but, you can take the girl out of the trailer park, but you cant take the trailer park out of the girl. Her society has raised her to believe this is her duties as a daughter, wife, and mother and there's no grey area. It's like the moon. It just is...

As for Changchun, it's an amazingly clean city with crisp clear air and the streets are remarkably clean. No litter to speak of since there's a force of workers who spend all day picking up litter of all kinds.

I've yet to encounter any hostility or rude behavior. In fact, everyone has been genuinely kind and understanding and I'm always greeted with warm smiles and friendly handshakes.

It's an amazing journey I'm on. Unlike anything I've ever done in my life....Does it get any better? So far, it does every day.
Alright earthlings, what form do you want me to take?....How about a taco, ....that craps icecream?  My trip to china

Offline Peter

« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2009, 01:53:53 pm »
Congratulations Ed.. I just found out that the big day finally did come for you !!!
Better to be married to a wife from Changsha then have 7000 women in Chnlove

Offline Sylvain D

• oO0° SLY °0Oo
« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2009, 03:21:02 pm »
eh... !!
Sorry to not have been here for a while...  :?
I've just readed the news and I just can read that here you, or better should I say : "there you are, Ed" :)
Congratulations about your lovestory and that you are married, it's a very good news ^^
I will look at your website and for the pics, too :)
- Let's Rock -

Offline victor-hills

« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2009, 07:07:01 am »
Ed love your blog mate you allways put a smile on my face the way you put things well cool bro.
Life is like an onion: You peel it off one layer at a time, and sometimes you weep.

Offline Carl

« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2009, 12:44:05 am »
Hey Ed, I agree with Victor about your blog... you do a great job of writing it and it is great fun for me to read it. Xie xie!!!!