Author Topic: A Southerners continuing journey in China  (Read 38188 times)

Offline JimB

• http://www.jandyenterprises.com
RE: A Southerners continuing journey in China
« Reply #300 on: October 17, 2009, 04:01:44 pm »
After being home a week and things finally settling down.  I have some perspective on this trip. I am very glad I spent the time I did there.  I learned a number of things about the country the people and myself.  1. I love my wife more than any other woman i have been involved with, even my ex wife of 30 years.   2.   I found out what she will be going through and now can better help her adjust to life here.  I think that was the second greatest lesson i learned. 3. I always thought I could live anywhere.  Well, I can, but I would not be happy. I am most comfortable in my own country. No matter how good the people are. It is not home.  4.  i do not like being a  "kept" man. She actually meant it when she said she would go to work, come home, cook, clean and take care of me and all I had to do was my "Husbandly" duties. While it was great the first couple of weeks, after that I got feeling guilty.  Even though she kept telling me she would do it.  I started cooking lunch for her. 5.  She has a great knack of being in control while still letting me think I am the boss. The other married guys know what I am talking about.  6.  I do not like to not be able to take care of a problem that comes up, like water or internet or any other such mundane thing where all it takes is knowing the language to solve. 7.  I hate being totally reliant on someone no matter who it is.   8.  In any situation you must be true to yourself or else it doesnt work long term.  9. Spoiled teenagers can drive you out of your mind if you let it.  10.  Just because a man asks you if you want a cigarette and makes a grab for your purse it doesnt mean he is a gay criminal.

There are more things I learned but that is enough for now.
Maxx's 24 hour rule, learn it, live it.

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #301 on: October 17, 2009, 04:06:56 pm »
Informative Jim, thanks for the insights...:icon_biggrin:

Offline Irishman

• Muireadach and Sunny
    • http://www.chinaromance.net
« Reply #302 on: October 19, 2009, 07:38:15 pm »
Number 10 Jim, yes, an important lesson :)
Visiting China seems to make us think outside the box, simply because everything is so different here we put out normal lives back home in perspective.
It's life changing for us even that haven't met a wonderful lady like Mrs Burk yet, but keep looking because people like you remind us why we started out on this road in the first place.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2009, 07:40:41 pm by Irishman »
Become the change you want today, or all your tomorrows will be like yesterday.

Paul Todd

« Reply #303 on: October 20, 2009, 12:19:28 am »
Amen to number 5 brother! :-/

Arnold

« Reply #304 on: October 20, 2009, 12:51:44 am »
I also have to go with number 5 , and she does a wonderful Job at it . Maybe not the Boos ... but I'm still her " Super Hero " . :icon_cheesygrin:

Offline JimB

« Reply #305 on: October 25, 2009, 03:55:40 pm »
Just an update. As most of you know my step daughter is a model.  She was just chosen as one of only 3 models in China to be invited to attend the international models competition.  Really quite an honor. The competition is next week end.  She said all of the competitors speak English except her.  So now she is learning that she had really better start learning English.  To start this off she was on Chinese TV and won the competition.  That is how she was chosen.

My sister and niece are opening an Art and Gift shop in town.  I told my wife and she got very excited about it.  She had wanted to open a shop here so she is heading out to Sichuan (?), where all of the silk is made.  She is determined to get a manufacturer to ship direct here with scarves, ties, nightgowns, etc.  I have never seen her this excited about anything except for our wedding and my decision on the baby.  We see each other twice every day.  While it is great it also makes it harder to be apart.  I think I am the luckiest man here.  The agency lied about almost everything, falling in love despite them, getting a wife like mine is the greatest experience in my life except the birth of my children.  Speaking of which, she has finally worn me down, I have decided to, for real, get the reversal of my vasectomy and try to have a baby with her.  I know all of the reasons not to.  I meant so much that when I told her she started crying.  This is a very strong woman. So for her to cry is a very big deal.  She told me even when she told her mother this, her mother started crying.That is how much this means to her family.  They all want a boy of course as all of the family had girls.  I told her it is a long shot to work, but she said we will try very hard.  Well that is ok with me.  The only person I have told here is my sister.  She backs it, of course she always backs me.  No way am I telling my kids unless it does happen.  Anyway that is the latest goings on.

Offline Irishman

• Muireadach and Sunny
« Reply #306 on: October 25, 2009, 08:24:38 pm »
Fantastic news Jim, great to hear the updates to this story.
Sounds like your China story is still in the first few chapters of an epic novel :D

brett

« Reply #307 on: October 26, 2009, 07:46:29 am »
Wow, a good update Jim. I don't know about the gift store idea though. I reckon they need to open a colored toilet tissue shop. "Here only white" as my lady says, and she was astonished by the blue toilet roll I had taken to China with me!

So next time I visit my lady, you know what I'm going to take ha ha ha.

Offline Irishman

• Muireadach and Sunny
« Reply #308 on: October 27, 2009, 08:45:36 am »
Quote from: 'brett' pid='21063' dateline='1256557589'

Wow, a good update Jim. I don't know about the gift store idea though. I reckon they need to open a colored toilet tissue shop. "Here only white" as my lady says, and she was astonished by the blue toilet roll I had taken to China with me!

So next time I visit my lady, you know what I'm going to take ha ha ha.

brett bring some quilted coloured toilet roll and really blow their mind!!

brett

« Reply #309 on: October 27, 2009, 09:22:42 am »
I am going to get the toilet paper with the embossed puppies on it :icon_cheesygrin:.

Offline JimB

« Reply #310 on: October 27, 2009, 06:12:00 pm »
I meant that the gift store is here in Georgia. Not in China.  I would not want to do such a thing there.  Not worth the investment or the work involved in that business.

Offline mustfocus

« Reply #311 on: October 27, 2009, 08:47:52 pm »
I don't know what I find more disturbing...the fact that coloured toilet paper has been introduced here or the fact that there it is taking over the thread...
梦醒时分 - Meng Xing Shi Fen

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
« Reply #312 on: October 27, 2009, 10:24:31 pm »
Quote from: 'mustfocus' pid='21197' dateline='1256690872'

I don't know what I find more disturbing...the fact that coloured toilet paper has been introduced here or the fact that there it is taking over the thread...

And also if it is brown coloured toilet paper...how would you know if you hit the mark
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances

Offline Chong

« Reply #313 on: October 28, 2009, 03:50:10 am »
Quote from: 'Rhonald' pid='21205' dateline='1256696671'

Quote from: 'mustfocus' pid='21197' dateline='1256690872'

And also if it is brown coloured toilet paper...how would you know if you hit the mark

Rhonald ... You put it up to your nose ... hahahahaha  :icon_cool:

Or ... when you change your briefs, you see brown tracks ... that's why I wear boxers.  :fi_lone_ranger:
« Last Edit: October 28, 2009, 03:54:16 am by Chong »

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
« Reply #314 on: October 28, 2009, 09:41:15 am »
Quote from: 'Chong' pid='21225' dateline='1256716210'

Rhonald ... You put it up to your nose ... hahahahaha  :icon_cool:

Chong you brown noser
« Last Edit: October 28, 2009, 09:42:00 am by Rhonald »
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances