Author Topic: Important message for all current and future members  (Read 33577 times)

ttwjr32

RE: Important message for all current and future members
« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2010, 07:35:30 pm »
i see those ladies working construction sites here and
doing more work than the men.

Offline RegnisTheGreat

• www.secretasianman.ca
    • http://www.secretasianman.ca
« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2010, 07:51:08 pm »
ttwjr32: Can I partake in that 4-6 weeks offer too? :)

ttwjr32

« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2010, 08:02:48 pm »
Regnis,

sure just let me know when you want to come here. GZ is really nice.
the weather is terrific all year. yes it gets cold but only for 3 or 4 days at a time
the ladies are very beautiful and want to talk with westerners.
the food is terrific and from all over the world here.
you can get a good cup of coffee here  (very important for me)
the air quality is bad at times but manageable
easy to get around even with 13 million people:icon_cheesygrin:
always having events here from china and all the embassy's
which keeps it exciting and fresh

so when ever your ready come to Guangzhou

Ted

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2010, 03:01:57 pm »
FYI, the forum has implemented a new rule.  I just wanted to advise you all, so there is no confusion later about this.  Starting immediately, we ask that all members only have one account.  We will start to delete accounts that are multi accounts.  If you wish to open a new account, then please delete your previous one.  It would also be a nice thing, should you open a new account, to let us know who you are.

The only exception to this rule is Irishman.  He has more than one account, and these accounts have specific uses when it comes to the maintenance of this forum.  It is obvious by his accounts who he is, as we all know him by more than one name (Irishman, Ronan, Muireadach).

Thanks to all of you in advance.

Martin
« Last Edit: March 17, 2010, 03:02:05 pm by Martin »

David5o

« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2010, 03:50:14 pm »
Martin,

A very sensible rule too....
 I know of no other Forum of any respect, that allows it's Members more than one account, It leaves the Forum wide open to all kinds of abuse!!

David....

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
Re: Important message for all current and future members
« Reply #35 on: June 10, 2010, 10:48:03 pm »
With all the goings on recently maybe it is time to re-iterate the rules of this forum.

Maybe there is a full set of rules somewhere but I have yet to find them!  Perhaps someone can enlighten me.   All I have found is this thread that deals with points for misbehaviour.

I note that there is a list showing reasons for receiving 1, 2 and 5 points and also possible penalties when reaching 5 , 8 and 10 points.

In view of yesterdays banning then maybe the powers that be should consider publishing when a member receives points for misbehaviour.   

I am not commenting on the recent banning but things would have possibly been less heated if, before the ban, it had been published that a member had been given warnings and at what level!   

This way everything would be in the open and no one could get up and protest if a member continues in a way not suited to the majority.

I would suggest that it is not sufficient for a mod to say later that a member had been warned privately.  Privately in my book is not count in open court and the member who is banned would not be in a position to comment on that. 

Publish and everyone would know, let it be in the open and not leave the suggestion that a person may have upset one or two members out of 400 odd!

Then maybe my email box would not be containing words such as 'Politburro' and other such inane comments. 

I say this for the benefit of China Love and its members.

Willy

Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #36 on: June 10, 2010, 11:34:07 pm »
Good call willy. Unfortunatel, the point system you are talking about was from the old forum format. It doesn't work with this format. I will look into a full rule page hopefully in the near future. If anyone wants to provide input, please PM me.

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #37 on: June 13, 2010, 09:37:28 am »
Jim B has sent me an email and said he is stepping down as a MOD, and leaving this forum for the time being.  He has been quite busy of late, and does not have the time to come into the forum.  He wanted me to pass on his good wishes to everyone.

Paul Todd replaces Jim as our newest Mod.

Offline RobertBfrom aust

• Sujuan [Yo ] is my tai tai
  • Robert and Sujuan [Yo ] at home .
    • bopads.info
« Reply #38 on: June 13, 2010, 10:20:28 am »
Thanks Jim B for your informative postings over quite a while and I am glad that you are busy , Congrats to Paul for stepping up , regards Robert .
Now it is early to bed and late to rise .
My QQ is   1994376895
For electronics and books etc , check out , www.bopads.info

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #39 on: June 13, 2010, 02:09:55 pm »
Good call to the Mods...

Well done Paul congrats :D

Please pass my regards onto JimB for me, thanks.

ttwjr32

« Reply #40 on: June 14, 2010, 12:25:57 pm »
i think we all send our best to him

Offline Bee964

• Found someone!
  • Dave & YanLing
« Reply #41 on: June 15, 2010, 10:00:20 am »
I wish Jim B well too. I hope that he can look in here from time to time.

Paul Todd,

Congratulations on becoming a mod. I noticed the appointment the other day.

Dave C
Life is like a jar of Jalapenos-- What you eat today will burn your ass tomorrow!.

Paul Todd

« Reply #42 on: June 15, 2010, 10:38:05 am »
Thank you Dave,

I'm just the tea boy at the moment. I'll work my way up to ironing shirts, Then If I shine shoes for a while maybe they'll let me cook dumplings for the Lord King Martin. You think this is about moderating the forum but no it's really about defending the lordships dumpling empire . Each of his surfs/moderators has to supply at set number of dumplings every month or ....well, there are lady's here so I can't go into the details. Irish is his high sheriff and Maxx is the enforcer who regularly slaps us about if the dumpling supply is late. Oh I hear master is ring the bell again got to go.............yes master my wife is cooking more as we speak..................................................

Offline Bee964

• Found someone!
  • Dave & YanLing
« Reply #43 on: June 15, 2010, 11:12:54 am »
Paul Todd,

I take it you are referring to the flowered shirts of Ted, the mighty ambassador of Guangzhou. (That sorta sounds like a movie title, doesn't it?) I have just had my first fried dumplings this past sunday. I will be up for them anytime but I my body would rather have the ones boiled in a soup. I had them at the Mandarin restaurant on Young street in Toronto celebrating my daughters new job. I know what all the fuss is about dumplings now.

Dave C
Life is like a jar of Jalapenos-- What you eat today will burn your ass tomorrow!.

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #44 on: June 15, 2010, 02:32:26 pm »
Dave...steamed are the way to go!  Do you get to Toronto regularly?  We should try to hook up with a bunch of us.  Mike is there, as is Mustfocus.  He and I got together a few months ago...great guy!  It would be a blast to meet up with a bunch all together!